Online Vendor Screw-up? Thank you!- Mtbr.com
    Dickhouse
    Dec 2010

Online Vendor Screw-up? Thank you!

So I've been on the cusp of ordering a set of Easton EC70 bars for a while now. After all my research, they appear to be the widest and lightest bars for the cheapest price. So I decided to pull the plug this week. There's a slew of online vendors who have these bars for around the $100-$120 mark. Then I stumbled upon CompetitiveCyclist.com. They were offering the Easton Monkeylite Lo-Rise @ 685mm for $65!! Now, I really wanted the new, updated version of the EC70, and am not a fan of the Monkeylite graphics, BUT I could not pass up this deal, saving $40-$50.

I just received my bars last night, and to my surprise, they are the new Easton EC70 low-rise bars!! The pictures on CompetitiveCyclist.com show the Monkeylite bar, and they even offer the New EC70 at $130. So, it seams I got a set of $130 bars for $65!!

Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? Did the worker at the shop just grab the wrong bars? Is the picture on their website wrong? Should I ask the vendor about this? Or should I just tell everyone I know to go order a set!?
    Something with wheels and brakes.

92Fifty' Race Team

Dickhouse
    Dec 2010
    btw...pics forthcoming. They look great on my S.I.R.9!!
    Something with wheels and brakes.

92Fifty' Race Team

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Who knows... maybe the MonkeyLite was out of stock so they substituted instead of telling you that you're out of luck. The guys at Competitive Cyclist are awesome and really helpful.

Members who have read this thread: 0