Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

O/T: al davis is gone

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  DIRTJUNKIE 
G
#1 ·
#3 ·
Good. Maybe the raiders can return to greatness. He sued Oakland into bankruptcy when he had a contract for so many years at the Coliseum that he wanted out of.
It wasn't that long after the team had moved back from L.A. He wanted to move again despite the contract.
I swore back then that I would never rout for the Raiders again, until Davis sold the team or died.

#4 ·
I don't understand this type of thread, the same goes for the Steve Jobs thread. I heard the news that Al Davis was dead at least 6 hours before this thread was posted vis-a-vis ESPN News (was also on CNN, FoxNews, NYTimes, NPR, et cetera) Does the OP assume that the only place people get their news is MTBR? I can understand alerting us of cycling-related deaths, or obscure deaths, like when that Trauma Nurse guy reported on the death of the Gyno's Cheese Steak owner, but otherwise, I don't get it. :eek:ut:

#5 ·
There is nothing wrong with these threads. It allows our community to share and discuss topics that are important to us. The deaths of Steve Jobs and Al Davis are clearly topics that this forum feels worthy of discussion. Good or bad, both of these individuals left clear impressions on the lives of many of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.