Northwave Shoe Sizing Help Needed!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Northwave Shoe Sizing Help Needed!

Hey everyone,
    As you may have noticed I'm shopping the net for new MTB shoes. I found a good pair of Northwaves for cheap and I had a question about sizing. I take a size 12 in Adidas sneakers, a size 46 in my current old Diadora mtb shoes, and a size 47 it seems in specialized, shimano, and everything else I've tried. I've heard that Northwaves run big. Should I stick to the 46 then, or should I order a 45, or what?? Thanks!

Andrew

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy
    Hey everyone,
    As you may have noticed I'm shopping the net for new MTB shoes. I found a good pair of Northwaves for cheap and I had a question about sizing. I take a size 12 in Adidas sneakers, a size 46 in my current old Diadora mtb shoes, and a size 47 it seems in specialized, shimano, and everything else I've tried. I've heard that Northwaves run big. Should I stick to the 46 then, or should I order a 45, or what?? The guy at nashbar said stick with a 47??Thanks!

Andrew

Still looking if anyone has any inoput! thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wear a size 11-11.5 sneaker depending on brand, and usually a Euro 45 in most of my cycling shoes. I have a pair of Northwave Jet Fibra Road shoes and they are 44.5 and fit me well. So I guess they run a little big, but not much. How the sizing of road shoes crosses over to the off-road models, I don't know? Just make sure wherever you order from has a good return/exchange policy, you don't want to be stuck with ill-fitting shoes. Good luck!

from the east

yes.

I have Diadora Chilis in size 47, and this winter I got some Northwave Grizzly cold-weather shoes. They are a size 47 also, and they are bigger than the Diadoras.....but they are supposed to be. They both fit very well (Diadoras with cycling socks, Northwave with thinnish wool socks.) My guess would be to go for a 46, but like the other poster mentioned, just make sure you can return them. Hope this helped.

eric.

rack admirer

I wear adidas size 12.

I wear adidas size 12 for basketball. Northwave 45's are a shade big, big enough to get winter socks in there. Or wool plus gortex socks. they are my winter shoes. I wear Sidi 45's that fit well.
    As a ski boot buyer, I have learned that I have a low volume foot. Long and wide at the toes, skinny everywhere else with a high arch.
    MCM # 57

Apr 2004

... and if we just ... Northwave size 45

I typically wear a size 44 but, purchased the northwave's in a 45. I'm defiantely glad I did. Even in the size 45 I have trouble closing the zipper on my grizzly's and keep thinking I should have gotten a 46 but, fear that would probably be too big.... So I guess going 1 size bigger was the correct choice for me...