New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread - Page 94- Mtbr.com
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
Results 9,301 to 9,344 of 9344
    mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    1.) Where you are from? Ocean City, MD
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Flatlander
    3.) How many bikes you own? 16 - I take good care of my bikes and have been lucky a number of times to get good deals on older bikes in great condition. This year I added a Ritchy P-21 Team hand built by Tom Ritchy and a Bridgestone XO-1 to my stable, last year I was able to get a gently used Trek 120 OCLV Road bike for a sweet price. My first nice Bike was a Bridestone MB-1 that I rode to death and my go to bike for most stuff is a Bianchi B.U.S.S. that I absolutely adore. I bought new bikes in 2000 and then again in 2018, the first being a full suspension Gary Fisher Sugar 2 and the second being a Raleigh Teaba which is a single speed with a flip flop hub. I have 2 cruiser type bikes, one is an aluminum single speed and the other is steel but has a 7 speed internally geared hub. I also have a Trek 950, and two 930s along with a Cannondale F700. I also have an older Bianchi Road Bike and a Bridgestone 600 Road Bike. I recently put a bunch of components on a Wasatch RSX 9000 to make it rideable again. I don't count my crap Walmart POS BMX bike, nor do I count the recumbent that I built using parts from 5 junkers.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 30+ years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I usually ended up on these forums after a Google search and I honestly couldn't say which of them I have viewed more.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Chino and Palm Springs area. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    Figured I'd try to test that fancy Quote feature while I was at it.

1. The foothills of the Appalachain (app-uh-LATCH-in, not app-uh-LAY-shun) Mountains, but currently reside in Fairbanks, AK.
    2. I'll ride just about anything if the opportunity presents itself, though primarily trail riding and chubbybiking (new to that scene) with a few races here and there.
    3. Four
    4. Riding bikes since forever, riding mtbs 'seriously' for about 15 years I guess.
    5. A little bit of everything!
    6. Once ate 50 hard-boiled eggs in 3 hours.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hi
    New to here, been riding for years, 1996 Stumpjumper M2 owned from new.
    Also have a Scott Genius 910 and a Cervelo S2.
    UK

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    New member here. Just came to ask some questions about drive compatibility.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Hello, i am new user for this fourm

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hi everyone, just checking in. Excited to join this community.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    New guy from Missouri here. I've been lurking for a couple of months when I started to think about getting back into mountain biking. I have found plenty of good info here and hope that I'll be able to contribute in the future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Hello, long time reader first time poster like so many who have enjoyed the great info on this forum over the years. 59 years young into road bikes since the '70's and more recently trail bikes. Full disclosure, work part time at a major Cannondale dealer to get my best discount on my fitness hobby / transportation. Ride a Carbon Synapse HMDA Disc on the road and most recently am here to boast a Carbon Scalpel Si (Lefty Ocho). I will post my fresh impressions of it from a ahem mature roadie perspective. Cheers from Kansas!

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Been lurking for a while, but here gnoses.
    Jake
    SoCal
    Returning beginner I guess. I rode a bunch as a kid and I am about a year or so of getting back into it.
    one bike, Commencal Meta Trail

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hey guys I'm new to this group just came in to say hey. I currently have 2 bikes a Fuji Nevada 1.3 and a diamondback el oso de acero! Have a nice day and RIDE ON!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamx1x View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to this group just came in to say hey. I currently have 2 bikes a Fuji Nevada 1.3 and a diamondback el oso de acero! Have a nice day and RIDE ON!

Welcome ! What are the tires on your BlackDiamond, size? What do you consider them good for? Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    On the diamondback there 26x4.0 and I know there meant for snow and just rough terrain and to be more forgiving on rougher paths although I have yet to take mine to a trail, but will soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hey all, Doug from White River Junction VT. Recently getting back into MTB after a 12 year break. Was an avid MTB rider back in the 90s into the early 2k's. Bought a Fuji 29 one .7 hardtail, 27.5 wheels, a few months ago and have been reacquainting myself with everything MTB over the past few months, man-has stuff changed..lol Recently upgraded from Suntour XCT to rockshox recon rl 100 mm(the best i could afford...and deffinately worth the money). The XCT coil had no adjustment eventhough it had knobs to turn they were useless, mainly for decoration.. Also upgraded to tubeless setup. I was going to upgrade my rear mech from Shimano Altus but after doing some research i realized that id be better off waiting till i can upgrade the whole drivetrain at once. Being almost 40 i'm not a spring chicken but i quickly realized that i will prob need most of those 24 gears until i get my lungs and legs back in shape. I cannot wait to shred some dirt and even eat a little dirt as well. Catch ya on the trails, happy riding from VT.

Lubricious
    Feb 2019
    We have a very similar story. I started "back" in late October and have not looked back. It is a blast to be back on a bike. I turn 50 in July and am loving every minute of being back in the saddle again. Enjoy and have fun!
    ~GOD BLESS~
    john

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubricious View Post
    We have a very similar story. I started "back" in late October and have not looked back. It is a blast to be back on a bike. I turn 50 in July and am loving every minute of being back in the saddle again. Enjoy and have fun!
    ~GOD BLESS~
    john
    I turn 50 as well!!! I started back about 7 years ago, and it is the best mid life crisis ever! My step son helped push me back into MTB via pushing me back into BMX as well.

Welcome back to it!!!

This site will add an extra element of fun and info that we did not have as kids
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hi, I am from Sydney Australia and ride and race most for fun. I am a 38 year old mediocre rider who is keen to get better as the competitive brain take over once on the bike. I currently have a 2018 Canyon Spectral size L but is waiting for a YT Capra in the next few weeks.

I am here to read up about service, known issues and get some help with set ups of the bikes.

mtbr member
    Hello guys, im Pedro, from Portugal, hope to learn a lot of stuff here. Im relatively new to the sport.

1.) Where you are from? Portugal, city of Lisboa
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend warrior, trail rider, XC racer, 29er rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? Just my CX 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? 2 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mostly portuguese

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Hello to all, been lurking and trying to learn for a while now. Gary, from Toledo,Ohio. Just purchased first bike shop bike (surly KM) will have a lot of questions to ask!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by goonride49 View Post
    Hello to all, been lurking and trying to learn for a while now. Gary, from Toledo,Ohio. Just purchased first bike shop bike (surly KM) will have a lot of questions to ask!
    nice bike to start with!!! Surly fanboi here....also from C-bus Ohio, so welcome from another Buckeye

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Thanks!, now if we could just get a nice midwest spring!!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by goonride49 View Post
    Thanks!, now if we could just get a nice midwest spring!!
    I would like some dry weather...don't mind the cool temps staying around, but wish the legit trails were open

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hi everyone, new member here.

1. Living in Borlšnge, Sweden
    2. XC Racer
    3. 4 bikes at the moment.
    4. Started riding in 1992 (long time ago )
    5. happyride.se and pinkbike.com

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergsmannen View Post

1. Living in Borlšnge, Sweden
    2. XC Racer
    3. 4 bikes at the moment.
    4. Started riding in 1992 (long time ago )
    5. happyride.se and pinkbike.com
    welcome to it! Sweden is a bucket list place for me to visit! Ancestors/dads side of the family are from the Uppsala area! Would love to ride there one day!

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    May 2019

1. Living in NJ USA
    2. Enduro Racer
    3. 2 bikes at the moment.
    4. Started riding in 2008
    5. pinkbike.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Hi there! I've been lurking for a bit here, so I thought I'd make it official. I am new to the MTB world and just bought my first and only bike, a 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper ST 29 alloy.

I live in Leeds, Maine a rural town of 2000, mostly holsteins. lol

I'm hoping the trails dry up so I can get out there and hit some of the trails. I did join Central Maine NEMBA which I can already see is a great group that will provide a lot of guidance.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hello from Denver, Colorado. I have been riding for 30 years or so and a former XC/endurance racer. Morphed into a recreational mtb and road rider after deciding that racing was too much work for too little return. I currently have 3 bikes: full suspension XC mtb, gravel bike, and road bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hello everyone another newb checking in. Name is Kevin.

1. I'm from Wisconsin
    2. Beginner rider
    3. I've owned 3 bike first was a Specialized Hardrock I bought used. Now I have a Specialized Pitch and I bought a Pivot Firebird frame that I'm building.
    4. I've been riding for almost 2 years.
    5. I'm frequent this forum for info, DSM forum, T4R.org and EvoM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hello all.
    1- T.J. from Utah here.
    2- I'm somewhat of a beginner to mountain biking though I was really into BMX for a few years as a teenager so biking basics aren't new to me. I just moved to an area with several trailheads within 1/2 mile of my house so I figured it was time to get into mtn. biking.
    3- At the moment I'm using a borrowed junker hardtail but I'm in the process of picking out a decent hardtail to buy.
    4- Been riding mountain bikes off and on for a couple of years but nothing serious. I've mostly been a runner for exercise but I'm looking to change it up with my bad knees.
    5- I spend most of my forum time over at Rokslide but more the wealth of knowledge here has had me lurking for a bit lately as I research bike options and components. A lot has changed since I was a kid.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hello...

Wigan in the UK
    Had bike a few years ago and stopped. Have just bought a YT jeffsy 29er. Havenít spen t much time on the forum but will with new bike.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    1.) Where you are from?
    From California originally, in IA for school

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Looking to get into trail riding

Zero currently (looking for one as of now)

I was really into riding in high school with a Trek HT, but sold it before college. Definitely looking forward to getting back into the sport

So far just here, but others for my car stuff

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Florida
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    returning explorer
    In my youth, about 12 years (7 to 19). Recently, not very long.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    1.) Where you are from?
    Originally New York, now I'm in Maryland

Trail & touring 29er, looking to get into downhill

N+1 (Currently 3):

2018 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Comp
    2014 Giant Defy 2
    2012 Rocky Mountain Trailhead 29
    R.I.P. - 2004 Trek 4100
    R.I.P. - 199? Pacific YX 2200

~25 years

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    Here mostly for MTB. Others include car stuff, sailing, craft beer, and sound gear.

After tens of thousands of miles on the saddle, I finally caught the 'bug', haha. I've been lurking for a while and just made an account after buying my first adult FS.

Cheers, Dan

mtbr member
    May 2019
    1.) Where you are from?
    The North Country of NY

Dirt noob
    Into: bikepacking + all-mountain + riding off the beaten path as much as possible

2018 Felt DD70 (fat bike - currently rigid with some mods)
    2019 Giant Trance 3 (FS)

Recreationally - As long as I can remember
    Road - 6 years or so
    MTB - Jumped in with both feet about a year ago (two bikes in one season)

Just getting started. Have an account on pinkbike but almost never access it (PB-Fatbiker). Looking for an active bikepacking forum.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by allenlk03 View Post
    1.) Where you are from?
    The North Country of NY

Dirt noob
    Into: bikepacking + all-mountain + riding off the beaten path as much as possible

2018 Felt DD70 (fat bike - currently rigid with some mods)
    2019 Giant Trance 3 (FS)

Recreationally - As long as I can remember
    Road - 6 years or so
    MTB - Jumped in with both feet about a year ago (two bikes in one season)

Just getting started. Have an account on pinkbike but almost never access it (PB-Fatbiker). Looking for an active bikepacking forum.
    we have a decently active bikepacking forum...more so here in the spring and summer!

what part of NY? My wife and I vacationed at Lake Placid 5 years ago, and I did not want to come back home (Ohio). Did some dirt riding up there a bit that week...

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Iíll have to check out the bikepacking forum. Thanks!

Iím about an hour north of Lake Placid along Lake Champlain but that area (LP) is where I do all of my trail riding - Lake Placid, Wilmington, Elizabethtown, Saranac Lake. Everything about that area is amazing...well except for how far it is from me when I want to ride everyday after and/or before work. Fortunately one of my brothers (who is a MTBer) recently moved to that area so I have a home base when Iím down there.

baq
    mtbr member
    May 2019
    Hello All,

1.) Where you are from?
    PL

All Mountain

10+

Local ones from my country

mtbr member

Whatís up guys! As requested:
    Iím from the west coast of Sweden.

Total noob, ride the local trails I can find on Trailforks.

1, My two weeks old Kona Honzo 2019. I recently bought new grips for it (Chromag Palmskin), and today I ordered a Renthal lite Carbon Stealth (30mm rise) handlebars for it. Trying to find some pics of bikes with it mounted but havenít found any. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated. Itís fun to do ďupgradesĒ to personalize a little. I fear I might buy a new fork eventually but I really need to learn about MTB geometry first so I donít do something stupid and expensive.

Only a few weeks actually, before that it was motorcycles.

All the watch forums, none of the other MTB/bike forums.

Very much looking forward to learning more about MTB since I pretty much donít know Jack.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    1. NW Wisconsin
    2. Average skill xc, singletrack, and rail to trail with the younger kids
    3. We've got many but my current ride is 18 Rockhopper
    4. Started late 80-s through about 05 and now getting back at it again since 18

mtbr member
    May 2019
    So from North East, England

Normally hitting trails at local trail centers but been pushing into a bit of dirt jumping

Only own the 1 bike: Full Suspension 2017 Specialized Camber FSR... but spent some extra money on it and switched the gears from 2x9 to a 1x12 and upgraded the Gemini Tektro break which came stock to some Shimano Deore 4 pot caliper breaks. Love my bike as its my first proper mtb and it has served me well so far

Been riding on and off for about a year and half

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I'm from NW Wisconsin as well. Menomonie actually. Have you rode at Lake Menomin? Only 5 miles of singletrack, but its worth the stop if you're ever swinging through town.

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Yay, my account is finally approved

I am from nice city Ljubljana in Slovenia.
    Don't know if links works for newbs, but here is one of my city if it works

Still need to figure out how to post stuff on this forum.

I didn't ride bike for more then 20 years. 2 days ago I bought for 200 euros old timer which looks like new, but has some problems on front fork. So I decided to join the forum.
    Planning to ride this bike for one year, while I scrap some money for something with better birth date lol

so here it goes:

1)Slovenia Ljubljana
    2)Didn't ride bike for 20 years. I tried first time 2 days ago and it was confusing lol
    3)I bought double suspension old timer
    4)Didn't ride for long time, but before I stopped, max in one go was around 250km long ride. I guess I was weekend warrior? -.-
    5)Airbrush forum, t-shirt forum, anandtech

I am glad I finally got accepted(Had some issues with registration) . I really need some help with my bike

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingCookie View Post
    Yay, my account is finally approved

I am from nice city Ljubljana in Slovenia.
    Don't know if links works for newbs, but here is one of my city if it works

Still need to figure out how to post stuff on this forum.

I didn't ride bike for more then 20 years. 2 days ago I bought for 200 euros old timer which looks like new, but has some problems on front fork. So I decided to join the forum.
    Planning to ride this bike for one year, while I scrap some money for something with better birth date lol

so here it goes:

1)Slovenia Ljubljana
    2)Didn't ride bike for 20 years. I tried first time 2 days ago and it was confusing lol
    3)I bought double suspension old timer
    4)Didn't ride for long time, but before I stopped, max in one go was around 250km long ride. I guess I was weekend warrior? -.-
    5)Airbrush forum, t-shirt forum, anandtech

I am glad I finally got accepted(Had some issues with registration) . I really need some help with my bike
    wow....wish I could live in a post card picture!!! That is awesome! Hopefully you will have fun on this site. There is a lot of information to be had!!

Welcome to it

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    Thank you.

My city is surrounded with mountains and castles on them. My country is quite full of mountains. 100km from me we had world cup down hill one month ago. Here is a video just for taste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeUp...ature=youtu.be

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394