Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 9,101 to 9,147 of 9147
    mtbr member
    Sep 2018

New to the forums from Az

Hey guys, my names Alex. I just purchased my first mt bike yesterday pretty excited to start learning more about riding and stuff. I picked up a used Trek Fuel 90 SLR for $150. I’m hoping it’ll be a good entry level bike to learn on. Any advice would be great.

1.) Where you are from?

Tucson, Az
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Totally new!
    3.) How many bikes do you own?
    Just got my first one. Hoping to get into riding and learning more.
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    Not long. Have gone riding a hand full of time before but still learning
    5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    Just this one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Congrats on the new bike and on beginning mountain biking! I’m sure you’ll have a great time and will find everyone on these forums to be very helpful!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Thanks for having me on board. I just got my first e-mtb a Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro.
    I live in Italy 30KM north of Milan, close the the Alps and the Como Lake.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hello! My name is David and I have been riding for about 3 months. I hadn't been on a bike since I was a kid. I am really enjoying getting out and riding. I bought a used Cannondale F5 bike to begin with because I wanted to make sure that I was going to stick with it. Needless to say, I am sticking with it!

1.) Where you are from?
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Beginner but getting better
    One
    3 months
    Just this one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd take a second to check in. I'm not new to mountain biking but it's been long enough that I might as well be. I was half my current age (37) when I last rode seriously. I've puttered around on bikes here and there over the years but I just learned of a new and supposedly pretty great trail system close to where I live. It's rekindled my interest. I already own a mountain bike, albeit not a great one. It's a Mongoose Deception 29er. It'll get me going for a bit so I can decide whether I want to drop some real money.

I live in Northern NH so it's already getting late in the riding season, there will be snow on the ground in 2 months. I'm out of shape and overweight at 6'4" and 240lbs so I need to get my but on the seat and start pedaling if I want to hit the trails this year. Wish me luck.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd take a second to check in. I'm not new to mountain biking but it's been long enough that I might as well be. I was half my current age (37) when I last rode seriously. I've puttered around on bikes here and there over the years but I just learned of a new and supposedly pretty great trail system close to where I live. It's rekindled my interest. I already own a mountain bike, albeit not a great one. It's a Mongoose Deception 29er. It'll get me going for a bit so I can decide whether I want to drop some real money.

I live in Northern NH so it's already getting late in the riding season, there will be snow on the ground in 2 months. I'm out of shape and overweight at 6'4" and 240lbs so I need to get my but on the seat and start pedaling if I want to hit the trails this year. Wish me luck.
    Welcome back!!!

I was in your same position about 6 years ago...rode BMX in the 70's and 80's. MTB in the 90's, and then got out of it. Came back in 2011, and it has been the best mid life crisis I could have asked for!

Sounds like you have a beautiful part of the country to ride in...and hell, you are just nearing the nest time to ride....not as hot, less people out! Don't be afraid to ride in the snow a bit after you have gained your legs and strength back!!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    Welcome back!!!

I was in your same position about 6 years ago...rode BMX in the 70's and 80's. MTB in the 90's, and then got out of it. Came back in 2011, and it has been the best mid life crisis I could have asked for!

Sounds like you have a beautiful part of the country to ride in...and hell, you are just nearing the nest time to ride....not as hot, less people out! Don't be afraid to ride in the snow a bit after you have gained your legs and strength back!!
    Thanks! Ya the weather is pretty nice here right now and we've got plenty of places to ride. I rode in the snow back in the 90's on the snowmobile trails. I may look into a fat bike at some point, depends on where this all goes. Would like to get my wife out to ride but she's more timid than me. Rail trails and stuff like that are about her extent of "off-road"

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View Post
    Thanks! Ya the weather is pretty nice here right now and we've got plenty of places to ride. I rode in the snow back in the 90's on the snowmobile trails. I may look into a fat bike at some point, depends on where this all goes. Would like to get my wife out to ride but she's more timid than me. Rail trails and stuff like that are about her extent of "off-road"
    Same here with my wife. She likes to ride, but only on rec trails. I took her off road once, and she had a major wipe out, and that was it. We had even had a year of training rides, so it wasn't like her first ride, but we encountered a hill that was steeper and more "Chattery" then it looked at first...it was on a snowmoblie trail, but in the summer in Canada, so it was like an overgrown road. We look bak and laugh about it now..it is actually a badge of courage for her now, but she does not want another one

She likes the off road...like being in the woods, but does not "like the feel of the bike bouncing around underneath me". I have been getting her back out on some of the smoother single track stuff around where we live...mostly trails in the woods in the city parks and stuff.
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hey guys,

New rider here. 24yo 6'5'' pushing 300 and haven't ridden since probably 8th grade. Broke my ankle almost 4months ago and trying to use mountain biking to get back in a shape other than round to maybe save my ankle. Purchased a Cannondale Cujo 3 in XL frame a couple weeks ago. Been riding around the house mostly but took it on a trail last week. Definitely a workout but its was nice!

1.) Where you are from?
    Glenburn, ME
    GREEN
    One
    A few weeks
    MTBR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-file-3-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    1.) Where you are from?

I am from NJ (Asbury Park) but currently live in Philly's western suburbs.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

I've been riding and racing on the road since 2006 but looking to get into some trail riding.

3.) How many bikes you own?

One mountain bike pictured below, one road bike (Pinarello Gan RS), on TT bike (Felt B2).

Been riding seriously since 2006.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

WW and bikeforums.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_2946.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_2979.jpg

On here to learn as much as I can. I'm hoping to go out for my first trail ride this weekend when the trails dry up. I've had my Specialized Rockhopper for several years but never took it out on the trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    1.) Where you are from?

Los Angeles, CA

Beginner. Cross country is what got me interested.

0. mostly the reason why I joined. I wanted to get some opinions from people who know more than me.

Looking at a Cannondale Trail 7, and an Orbea MX 40 to start out

Off and on for a couple years (mostly with friends rigs)

Not many the only other one I use is a toyota 4runner forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    1.) Where you are from?

Hampton Roads, VA

Beginner to MTB, been riding MX for 15 years. Found a new added love!

I have a Cannondale F5 that I can't stop breaking.

Patiently waiting to receive my Stumpjumper.

I have ridden some over the past few years until I get tired of my bike breaking again.

Vital MX and Vital MTB.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018

Hola

1.) Where you are from?

Córdoba, Veracruz, México.

Medium skilled, currently disabled (L1 Spinal cord injury)

3 - Trek hardtail, GT Force 2.0 and Commençal Meta SX. All are 26”

Disabled rider since Dec 2015 (currently working on my bucket bike project), had ridden at that time for 2 years but previous 10 years rode enduro motorbikes.

This one mainly

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by luisof View Post
    1.) Where you are from?

Córdoba, Veracruz, México.

Medium skilled, currently disabled (L1 Spinal cord injury)

3 - Trek hardtail, GT Force 2.0 and Commençal Meta SX. All are 26”

Disabled rider since Dec 2015 (currently working on my bucket bike project), had ridden at that time for 2 years but previous 10 years rode enduro motorbikes.

This one mainly
    welcome to it!!!

The bucket bike project sounds interesting...pics?

Did you get hurt riding?
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Thank you!

Here’s a pic from last year when I first tried it. I just bought the motor and battery kit, I’m waiting for it to arrive.

Yes, I got injured riding on a DH track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-75ed0f33-88dc-46dd-8e6d-3a6b8a413801.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hi from Ontario!!

I ride wherever and whenever I can, trails from downhill to rail trails it's all good to me. There are some good all day trails within 30 min of my house.

I have two bikes, a new Kona Honzo and a OLD Mongoose Hilltopper
    (which I've trail rode for years but now I'm finding it pretty harsh- hence the new Honzo- hardtail seems way better than rigid but I didn't want a FS)

I've been riding for a long time on and off. Like a lot of people life- marriage, kids, house, work all got in the way to make it a regular thing. Now I'm trying to get back to better health and figured might as well make it fun. Wife and kids are having a blast too! The kids didn't think the old man could send it!! Weren't they surprised they couldn't keep up!

If I have an interest or I'm searching for info about a particular subject I lurk on forums that relate. Currently a member here, some Chevy truck forums and a Pontiac forum.

Seems like a great forum to be involved in. Can't wait to help out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hey guys,

New rider here from south Florida. I've been trying to find something I enjoy doing to lose some weight and get back in shape (I hate gyms, and working out in general). Buddy of mine has taken me trail riding the past few weeks and I've been using one of his extra bikes and have really been enjoying it. Purchased a 2018 Trek Roscoe 7 last night. I wanted a good beginner bike that wouldn't break the bank. I debated back and forth about a 29'er vs 27.5. Hope I didn't make the wrong decision with the 27.5!

1.) Where you are from?
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    One
    A few weeks
    As far as biking is concerned, just this one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hi everyone,
    Just picked up my first bike in probably 15 years or so. Goal is to get into better shape, build up endurance and overall health. Really enjoy getting out and riding the trails more than anywhere else.
    Picked up a used 2013 Stumpy 29er with upgraded brakes. I soon realized that the forks needed servicing so not wanting to not have a ride for weeks, found a nice upgraded replacement set and put them on. Love the ride so far!
    Looking forward to future input from members and checking out other's rides and advice.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-springlake-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hi mtbr,

Always had a bike or two or four, starting as a kid on a banana seat, to touring in high school, and then on various MTBs, roadies. I have a home-made 26er 80's unsuspended single speed, a 90's hand-me-down 26er Stumpjumper, 00's Specialized Roubaix and most recently a home-made ebike that I commute on when I can. It's interesting (to me) that I seem to get a new style of bike every decade. To keep my streak going, I just invested in a 2018 Salsa Fargo Rival 1 27.5+. I'll get the bike Friday, setup tubeless, but otherwise stock. This will be my first purple bike!

I can't wait to get this bike out on gravel/fireroad and trail. I've struggled keeping up with my FS friends with my Stumpjumper on 26x1.9" tires - mostly because of traction issues. I shopped for FS and HT MTBs for the last couple of years before noticing the gravel, plus and no-suspension trends. I wanted both a skinny tire gravel and a plus tire MTB, but my tastes and budget forced me to settle on one. I'm already thinking I need a 2nd wheelset for 29ers, which would fit on this frame. I'm less interested in technical trails/XC; I just want to get out and pedal with a mix of road/gravel/trail.

It's probably time to let some old bikes go. They all ride well for what they are, but my teenage son is not into riding like I have been my whole life. I'll save one for when he goes to college, but if he shows any interest, I'll get him something newer.

I'll be asking a lot of questions about newer bikes, components and bikepacking gear. I'm an avid backpacker and learned a ton on Backpackinglight and Hammock Forums. Looking forward to the same great exchange of reviews and feedback here.

Thanks,
    Slbear (Bob)

mtbr member
    Sep 2018

New User: *Updated with pics*

Hi guys, My name is Michael and I ride a Giant Boulder Mountain Bike from around the 2004 model year. I have been riding on and off for years, but I just recently started getting back into serious riding. I use the Under Armor app "Map my Ride" for tracking and I usually split my time between paved trails and unpaved single track mountain bike trails. I am 6'1' and weigh approx. 220 lb. I hope to update this post with some pictures of my actual bike when I get home. Thanks!
    -Mike

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-bike-pic-1.jpeg
    Last edited by secretagent117; 10-10-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Edited to add photos

●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Welcome!

Snow Dog
    where r you from?
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018

Saying hello

Hello all. I am an Olympian and former world champion in triathlon with no mountain biking experience other than a couple of ill-fated rides. Now that I am retired from triathlon, I spend my time doing sports science research. I want to be upfront here -- I joined this group in the hopes of gaining some participants for my latest study. I am looking for a cross section of athletes from a variety of sports so I can draw the most valid conclusions. I am going to post the information and survey link in a separate thread under the general forum. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello all!. My name is Tommy, I live in Central New York. I decided to take on mtb'ing as a new hobby, I already spend most my $ on my other 2 wheel hobby(motorcycles/trackdays), but not a lot of time, 15-20 days a year. So, I'm hoping to fill in my spare time, and keep in shape, by riding some trails. I picked up an entry level bike, Motobecane 527DS, which may be a stretch in some people's minds, but I plan on upgrading some parts to make it trail worthy. I'm definitely a beginner, and plan on learning a bunch on here!.. thanks for the add!

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by joannazeiger View Post
    Hello all. I am an Olympian and former world champion in triathlon with no mountain biking experience other than a couple of ill-fated rides. Now that I am retired from triathlon, I spend my time doing sports science research. I want to be upfront here -- I joined this group in the hopes of gaining some participants for my latest study. I am looking for a cross section of athletes from a variety of sports so I can draw the most valid conclusions. I am going to post the information and survey link in a separate thread under the general forum. Thanks!!
    You might a few people willing to help you out here. Pretty sure you don't need a Canadian in his fifties with severe osteoarthritis who keeps mountain biking though unless your study is on "The psychology of aging males who keep doing things that common sense says they should quit!" Of course, I did see my orthopaedic surgeon today and he said that despite things, he encourages me to keep going, so there's that!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello everyone, I am a retired Design Engineer (mech) that started riding in April with a local group on the south coast of Sydney, Australia.
    Try to do 2 to 3 rides a week mixture of road /mtb trail,beach and bushtracks no DH but some steep wash aways that catch you out time to time "I am bit to quick,its to steep/loose moments".
    Currently riding 20yr old bike 1st gear ratio 0.96 need an easy 1.6/5 to stay with my group and stop walking so much.
    Really having a hard time atm deciding on an E-bike or a good f/s thinking Trek Fuel Ex8, Scott Genius 930 I am on the cusp between Trek ML 18.5"-L 19.5".
    Just ridden a friends Trek Fuel 18.5 2017 felt really good light and nimble but 15-20mm (5/8-3/4')from max line on seat post (5'10' and 33"1/4 inseem 210/200lbs) just a couple of issues with bike,it creeks under load uphill,and rear Fox Float Re-Aktive DPS shock would not lock out knob just turns , any shock Doctor wizz guys here, it seems like lever has worked forward and slipped off damper valve rod.
    Hoping to get some good guff on biking
    cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    1.) Where you are from?

Manila, working in Singapore

Just Roam around SG

2 FNHON Foldie,1 Giant MTB and Trek Superfly7

since grade school(BMX time)

mtbr member
    Feb 2018
    Hi everyone.

Me looking to get a 2nd bike,...more enduro setup

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hi all,
    Long-time lurker, finally signed up since I am looking at buying a mountain bike. Last mountain bike purchased was a Cannondale F500 in '96/'97(still my main ride!). Seems like a whole new world with modern technology, so wanted to ask for advice/tips before taking the plunge!

I like technical riding through rocks and rock gardens, especially climbing through them. I am not into super fast downhill. I posted a few examples of what I have been looking at and test riding in the general forum.

Thanks & Peace.

new enough to not know
    Oct 2018

well hello from central IL

Hello My name is Joren I should say I have lurked on here for a few months. I drug my old diamondback out of the barn and started fixing it up and a friend got me hooked on the local trails now i will be upgrading in the spring of 19. In the mean time I work on cnc machines and love to waterfowl hunt. I rode a bmx bike for many years and went to skateboarding now I am back to two wheels and ready to give this a try. I will be looking for recommendations on new xc bikes in the next few months.

thanks for all the knowledge i have stolen so far and will probably keep stealing for a while.

Mad Mini
    Oct 2018
    Hello all/1st post/ seattle wa native/ I got rad mini with rear geared hub motor. Want leave it on as it still works as intended. However my commute to work is 11miles each way. I live on top of hill above space needle. Want to add mid-drive motor to give me enough torque to get up these hills. Looking@HPC 250W mid-drive motor. Probably will buy 100 mile range battery. Sounds like incredable upgrade!! Folks at dealer, where I purchased, unknowlleg able about such a powerful torque upgrade. I would like to do this in my garage, hopefully try upgraded min before snowfall, then first snow break out the new&improved (lean'mean'mini). I am here to accept ideas&recommendations. I truly would like a bike like that&with all your peoples intensive ebike skills, hope to accomplish such a fine machine. Kinda like the Roadrunner Cartoon, Coyote probably ugly, but can make some crazy contraptions. So I hope to use u folk as my sounding board like ACME=big name in gadgets. I got to go sleep now as early real job starts kinda early. Please feel free to post any&all comments about my post. Sorry if I carry on. Will check back later today&seek help on my (lean-mean-mini-machine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Name's James. London born, though I've ditched the city life for the countryside more recently.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner. Or, maybe pre-beginner? I'm looking to get my first *real* bike so I'm researching a lot.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Two, though they're pretty standard road / cycling bikes. Nothing too special. At least for me they aren't! Haha.
    4.) How long have you been riding? A few years on the road - I took it up as a way to shed the extra pizza weight collecting around the ol' stomach. Haha. I've had friends who mountain bike for *ages* though and have been pretty envious of them. A recent weekend out with the guys has finally convinced me...it's time.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? General, Commuting, Tooltime, and Racing, mainly. Though my interests are pretty broad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello everyone, my name is Alexander, I was born and raised in Colorado, I have a 26in Northrock XC6 that I use mostly as an urban commuter bike I have done a little bit of easy single track riding at my local open space but nothing major. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to mountain bikeing. Currently, I have an interest in POV videography, I recently started developing a GoPro backpack strap mount. check out my pics on imagur

https://imgur.com/a/yW8wAgt

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello MTBR. My name is Ed and I am from New Jersey. In addition to casually riding around town with my family, I either road ride or trail ride with close friends every other weekend.

Currently own three bikes: a vintage Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, a Nashbar Carbon 105 and Mongoose Juneau. Been riding for 18+ years now.

I chose my Fisher through all of the helpful information I found on this site. Look forward to learning more about road and trail riding. First task is to find a way to make my Juneau’s brakes stop squealing.

Happy to be a part of this community!

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello all,

Bruce here, forum newb.

1.) Where you are from?
    San Diego, CA native

I've ridden since I was a little kid, used to race BMX in the 70's, MTB'd quite a bit, but have been away from it for 10-15 years so I'll say beginner again. Mostly riding some decent canyon trails close to my house.

Two... Bought a Cannondale Habit 6 to get back into it, then had a VERY good deal fall into my lap on a Specialized SX Trail

Ummm, 50 years or so.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Probably be in the 50+ forum a lot... lol On a couple of other sites; RV, gun, surfing related.

Avid (maybe rabid) surfer since I was 13, the bike and SUP should help keep me in shape and entertained when there's no waves.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hello - I'm new to this forum and need help picking a new mt. bike. I'm in Philadelphia area and mostly ride a Specialized Epic. Love the bike, but as I get older am looking for something with a little bit more travel. Have test ridden a Trek Fuel Ex and loved everything except the geometry. The cockpit felt tight and short. I love the feel of my Epic and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a bike with a little bit more stretched out cockpit and a little more than the 100 travel of a typical cc bike..

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillriding50 View Post
    Hello - I'm new to this forum and need help picking a new mt. bike. I'm in Philadelphia area and mostly ride a Specialized Epic. Love the bike, but as I get older am looking for something with a little bit more travel. Have test ridden a Trek Fuel Ex and loved everything except the geometry. The cockpit felt tight and short. I love the feel of my Epic and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a bike with a little bit more stretched out cockpit and a little more than the 100 travel of a typical cc bike..
    Welcome! Hit up the beginner's corner and you will get plenty of replies.
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hey all,

I'm a 53 year old man from central Nebraska (4 hours from everywhere). I got into cycling about 5 years ago to lose weight and avoid the health stuff I inherited from my dad.

I have a nice fat bike that I ride on any and all surfaces and a road bike I picked up used for a song to put on my trainer, but I like it alot and put a lot of real miles on it.

I had a Giant X-Road and a Giant Cyclo-Cross prior to the fat bike and now I wish I wouldn't have sold them. I've riden mostly in Nebraska with the hills, wind, rattle snakes, and mountian lions but have some miles in Iowa and Minnesota as well.

I mostly ride gravel and unimproved trails. I'm looking forward to some fresh snow because the trainer is more boring than I thought, even with music or a movie playing. I've never riden in the winter so get ready for questions...

I look forward to reading and answering posts.
    cederic

2017 Salsa Beargrease
    2012 Fuji Absolute 3.0 Road Bike
    Giant Roam X-Road - Sold it
    Giant CycloCross - Sold it

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    Hey all,

I'm a 53 year old man from central Nebraska (4 hours from everywhere). I got into cycling about 5 years ago to lose weight and avoid the health stuff I inherited from my dad.

I have a nice fat bike that I ride on any and all surfaces and a road bike I picked up used for a song to put on my trainer, but I like it alot and put a lot of real miles on it.

I had a Giant X-Road and a Giant Cyclo-Cross prior to the fat bike and now I wish I wouldn't have sold them. I've riden mostly in Nebraska with the hills, wind, rattle snakes, and mountian lions but have some miles in Iowa and Minnesota as well.

I mostly ride gravel and unimproved trails. I'm looking forward to some fresh snow because the trainer is more boring than I thought, even with music or a movie playing. I've never riden in the winter so get ready for questions...

I look forward to reading and answering posts.
    winter riding is the best!!! Less people out; better scenery; can ride for longer periods of time if you dress correct...
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hi all, I'm Andy, just dropping in to say 'hi' after lurking around for the last few weeks.

1.) Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    2.) Previously rode BMX when younger (15 years ago). Also had a dirt jump bike that was stolen. Like a bit of everything really, keeps it interesting!
    3.) Currently 1, my 15+ year old Specialized Fatboy 415 BMX
    4.) As long as I can remember, however very little in the last 5-10 years (hoping to change that!).
    5.) Been doing a lot of research for buying a new HT, mainly browsing here, Bikeradar forum and Youtube!

Thanks all for the knowledge I have gained so far, I plan on posting a thread asking for experience/advice on the HTs I have shortlisted, if allowed. I thought I had decided, but the more I look, the more I doubt my decision!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    The records are wrong. I registered here in 2008. More than a little surprised to see I still had an account! I used to post here when MTBR was getting started. I remember you could post as anonymous, or whoever you wanted to be. At the time it was pretty popular to pretend you were Gary Fisher (never did that). I digress. OK here it is...In no particular order.

1) I'm John from WV

2) I have ridden about everything. Mostly XC/Trail.

3) Number of bikes (N+1). Fourish. If you count former bikes given to my significant other and kids 10.

4) I started riding a MTB in 1990.

I lost count. Reason I logged back on? I have a Norco Sight ordered, looking into racing an Enduro race next season.

Bikesexual
    Ouch! New Castle! Relegation?
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Hi all :-)
    I'm Maniek from Poland - next year I will be in M4 category ;-)
    Now I'm riding mostly XC and Trail/All mountain. I have carbon Hardtail 29'' and Giant Trance 27.5''. I'm riding over 30 years.
    Last edited by maniek79; 6 Hours Ago at 11:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    Arizona
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    All mtn convert from racing track and crits.
    8.5 ( .5 for the tandem)
    42 years with some breaks where I didn't ride seriously. 5 years mtb.
    Have used some tech forums in the past but am not really a forum person

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    I'm out here in Tallahassee, FL.

Beginner, for sure. Weekend warrior for now as well. Just getting started riding trails and doing jumps.

Two! My 1991 Trek 1000 dumpster-salvage (it was going to be thrown out), and my new 2018 Nishiki Colorado Comp 1x.

Road for a few years, then a few of the guys from my local car club and groups convinced me to ride a few of their $4000+ enduro and downhill bikes, at which point I decided to jump into a cheap hardtail bike to see if I like this stuff enough to hang around. Let's just say I'm here to stay! It's not NEARLY as boring to ride alone on the trails as it is to Trek (har-har) along by yourself on the roads.

Honestly a lot of reddit, and a few other sites like XDA forums for ROM and kernel updates for my phone. Some game stuff, nothing major.
    Oh, and pretty much every bike component site lately, waiting for a sale on some GX shifters and a dropper post for this new Nishiki bike 

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Hey I'm Rick and used to reside in S.Fla but now living full time in our RV traveling the country. Currently in the Phoenix area for the winter. Active road rider past 10 yrs but MTB about 3yrs now. Consider myself intermediate/advanced rider who prefers challenging single track. Primary MTB Santa Cruz Nomad and road Cervelo S3. Been a very infrequent lurker on this site over the past couple years but looking to get some more information and meet new people as we travel.

TrailNoob
    Nov 2018
    Hey guys, name is Sam as for where I am from, well that depends, are you looking for where I was born? That would be Pittsburgh PA, if you are looking for where I am now, that would be Fairmont West Virginia, Ok! Onwards with the other stuff

2, what kind of rider am I? That would be a Free rider, I don't want worry about winning a race or looking good to strangers, and that will happen if I did race because I am very competitive, takes all the fun out for me, so I just ride on a nice trail, and just enjoy being out there in the forests, on a mountain, just enjoying the trip, and riding. man, don't mind if I share company though.

3. How many bikes do I own, that would be 3, 2 big box brands, and my lovely Trek 800, she is a old bike, but she was my first real mountain bike and I love it, she's my rig and baby.

4. how long have I been riding? Well since 2005, I was 10 years old and my neighbor taught me how to ride a 2 wheeler for the first time, after that, I met my good buddy and mentor who introduced me too mountain biking, and until he moved out to Utah, we rode every week, when we lived in the same town, and every now and then after I moved the next town over, been wanting to ride again, but frankly my car is just not made to haul rigs, Street Riding gives me my exercise, so I got that at least.

5. Not many, in fact this is my first one, why it took so long? Well simply because I didn't have reliable internet till now.

Look, I am not exactly green but I am not exactly as good as I want to be, I'm hoping to learn more, perfect my techniques and finally get out there and out of my little nursery of trails I am used too and have more confidence into tackling better, more difficult ones, I love Mountain Biking, its freedom itself in my opinion, I feel right when I am on my bike and just out there enjoying myself.. hope you guys have a good one!!!

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192