New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread - Page 48- Mtbr.com
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 9,401 to 9,461 of 9461
    mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hey all, long time listener first time caller...

I live in Northern Colorado (Front Range), for the last ~20 years.

I'm a weekend warrior mostly doing trail riding. i have regular 8-5 so my riding is mostly after work or on the weekends

I currently have 2 bikes -- an old 2007 Spesh FSR XC Pro (Al, 3x9, ~SLX), and a brand spankin' new YT Jeffsy CF Pro 29er (Carbon, 1x12 GX)

I've been riding since 2007 (that Spesh was the first MTB I'd ever owned), but until this year never really got that much into it. This year I decided to go MTB as much as I can, given my schedule, so I pulled the trigger and got a new bike (sticker shock!)

I'm not a HEAVY forum user, but I sometimes post on NASIOC, TacomaWorld, and a couple others (now you probably know what cars I own)

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hello,

Iíve been riding one kind of a bike or another my whole life. From my Mongoose when I was a kid to my Motebecane road bike in High School to my Diamondback mountain bike in college to my Trek mountain bike I rode around Manhattan to my current Trek 7000 hybrid. We just moved to the suburbs, Atlantic Highlands, NJ, and there are some great mountain bike trails. Iíve been doing a ton research on MTB and more specifically fat bikes. Thatís what led me to this forum.

Iím looking for an entry to mid level fat bike. Iím 6í2Ē with a 32Ē inseam and trying to decide on L or XL bike. Happy to hear input from folks more knowledgeable than myself. Thanks for add.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Greetings all, great forums here & appreciate all the info.

Yohan from Denver metro area here

Please respond with:
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) - Front Range Colorado
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? - Weekend Warrior Out of shape Dad
    3.) How many bikes you own? - 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? - Getting back on the trails after 5 year hatus
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? - manufacturer forums for bikes we own in family, maintenance tips, opinions on new components

NDD
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuke22 View Post
    Iím 6í2Ē with a 32Ē inseam...
    Dawg, are you 80% torso?

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
    dang

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Iím 6Ē2Ē and I wear a 34 length pants. I hope Iím not 80% torso. Hahaha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

New to mtn biking, need advice buying bikes

Hello all,

I'm new to mountain biking so my first post here. I have a lot of questions about choosing a good first bike, but I'll save those for other posts. I live in Minneapolis Minnesota and I grew up in Oregon (thus my user name) so I'm an outdoor person and have ridden many miles, but only on-road and rails-to-trails. My 12 y.o. just joined the local Mountain Bike team/club and it's gotten me excited to get out there with him.

At this point I'm still looking for bikes for my son and myself. Maybe something used or else good affordable entry level bikes. And I might turn my road bike (a very old Gary Fisher) back into a mountain bike with some knobby tires and a shorter stem.

So thanks in advance for advice as I narrow down my selection and find the right bikes for my kid and myself (and hopefully my 10 y.o. if we can get her hooked).

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hello all,

I'm new to mountain biking so my first post here. I have a lot of questions about choosing a good first bike, but I'll save those for other posts. I live in Minneapolis Minnesota and I grew up in Oregon (thus my user name) so I'm an outdoor person and have ridden many miles, but only on-road and rails-to-trails. My 12 y.o. just joined the local Mountain Bike team/club and it's gotten me excited to get out there with him.

At this point I'm still looking for bikes for my son and myself. Maybe something used or else good affordable entry level bikes. And I might turn my road bike (a very old Gary Fisher) back into a mountain bike with some knobby tires and a shorter stem.

So thanks in advance for advice as I narrow down my selection and find the right bikes for my kid and myself (and hopefully my 10 y.o. if we can get her hooked).

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hello all,

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

new member from France

Happy to join this community! My name is Andrea - but I'm a male, in Italy were I was born Andrea is a male name: coming from ancient greek "andros" that stands for "strong man" , "warrior": think about androgens hormones!
    I now live in Marseille, southern France, a nice place to ride an MTB.
    I am back to trails after some years off, and got a more recent bike, a BMC SpeedFox that is giving me good time so I refund her with nice upgrades: in fact, I hope to get some upgrades questions replied by joining this forum!
    Thanks for welcoming me and Speedy
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_1887.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hey. I am new to this forum. I am interested in learning a lot about cycling.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Shoot your questions.
    Try to be precise to get quality answers.
    Welcome!

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    Hey all, Love the info gained and looking forward to helping and learning more...

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hi all,

I'm from Toronto, Canada. I was an avid BMX rider in my youth and switched to mountain bikes in my mid 20s, some 20yrs+ ago!

Yup, old fart here looking at getting back into riding trails but probably not as aggressively as I did in my earlier years.

I was upgrading parts to my GT Aggressor Comp and found it was like rebuilding a whole bike. I'm looking at giving the GF my current bike and picking up a Giant Talon 1 and swapping out the factory fork for the one I installed on my Aggressor. She's just a city rider so she won't care. lol

First MTB forum I've joined so far...

Hello MTB world!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hi All,

Greetings from NYC. Not really a mountain biker, I just ride bikes a lot, and recently started riding my cx bike in mountain bike parks around here. I'm pretty stoked on it so far even being slow, and wish I'd gotten into when I lived in Seattle, whoops.

Anyway, I got a 90s Ritchey Ultra and am planning on building it up with some modernish components and riding Kokopelli trail in Oct with a buddy.

I hope to learn a lot here, and know I'll be wasting a lot of time here for sure.

Z

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hello from Cincinnati, OH!

My brother took me mountain biking a few years ago and i loved it! We went fairly often, hitting the local trails around town. I was borrowing his backup bike for awhile, and then I was using his once he got out of the game, and now I'm in the middle of a search for my own. Which has brought me here. I'm a bit overwhelmed with how information is on here, but I look forward to the learning process.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by leppard View Post
    Hello from Cincinnati, OH!

My brother took me mountain biking a few years ago and i loved it! We went fairly often, hitting the local trails around town. I was borrowing his backup bike for awhile, and then I was using his once he got out of the game, and now I'm in the middle of a search for my own. Which has brought me here. I'm a bit overwhelmed with how information is on here, but I look forward to the learning process.
    Welcome, you can start with a used one, when you have a better idea of what you want sell it and not loose much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    I just recently got into mountain biking (Talon 2) after talking about starting for months. I've been on 5 or so rides, and am usually ready to go back the next day. I convinced one of my best friends to start (Roscoe 8) and we have been riding with two of his more experienced uncle's as well (carbon/FS bikes). After hearing about all of our fun, my wife finally decided she wanted to try it out as well. Last night we picked up my wife's first bike (2017 Specialized Jynx). Excited to get everyone riding together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasIsHome View Post
    I just recently got into mountain biking (Talon 2) after talking about starting for months. I've been on 5 or so rides, and am usually ready to go back the next day. I convinced one of my best friends to start (Roscoe 8) and we have been riding with two of his more experienced uncle's as well (carbon/FS bikes). After hearing about all of our fun, my wife finally decided she wanted to try it out as well. Last night we picked up my wife's first bike (2017 Specialized Jynx). Excited to get everyone riding together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    cool to hear about you all "spreading the disease"!!! Stay safe...to a point
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    Hey all! I've been stealing knowledge off of these threads for over a decade and didn't register until yesterday. My cool story bro: Been riding bikes for as long as I can remember. I raced BMX throughout the 90's and early 2000's until I decided to grow up and explore gears and suspension forks, and I've been on trails ever since. I bought a new Fuel EX9 back in 2008 and rode the living piss out of it until about 4 years ago when I put the brakes on riding entirely (kids, job, blah). I sold that Trek to my brother in law last spring and just picked up a 19' Kona Wozo about 2 weeks ago. Jesus how the geos have changed! Anyway, glad to be here. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    1. Guam
    2. Beginner
    3. 2
    4. 6 months, unless you count childhood then 7 years
    5. SOHC4 (Vintage Honda motorcycles), AR15.com and some other gun ones

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

New to the site and really enjoying reading all the posts!

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_0141.jpg

1.) Where you are from?

Flowery Branch GA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?

Newish to intermediate

3.) How many bikes do you own?

2 - 2019 Marin Rift Zone 3 and 2019 Diamondback Sync'R with added Dropper

4.) How long have you been riding?

15 years ago I was seriousish.... Over the last 5 months I have really been focused on getting stronger and better!

5.) What forums do you frequent most?

This one and Diamondback....

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hi there, I'm Steve and I reside in Appleton, Wisconsin

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Mountain biker, but bikesexual. I'll ride anything, including road bikes just to say I can.

3.) How many bikes you own? Rideable; or close to rideable complete bikes about a dozen. About the same in project bikes

4.) How long have you been riding? I'm 41, and I can't remember not riding. But started riding hard at 12, and started working as a bike shop mechanic at 13.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Super new here, but some have been 69er threads, 29"/27.5" threads, what else, looked up a bunch of vintage mountain bikes (to be quite honest, I used it a number of times for research on purchases). I was active on Basenotes for a while, that's a perfume collector forum. Perfume meaning men's and women's. I don't know if any of this matters or people read ha.

If you do, I was out at Interbike every year for around a decade; most of the 90's as a buyer but I was a shop everyman too. Meticulous, perfectionist with bicycles. I love them so, how they can be tuned well- but then they can be tuned to perfection too. To what even other mechanics would agree is "perfection". But that perfection is still connected to a person tuning a machine, and one's perfection may slightly differ from another. And another person needs to be taken into account then, and a tune can be further perfected. In an imperfect world growing shittier by the day (I am in the U.S.) I can always love my bike and me on it.

Let's enjoy the ride friends

Steve

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

First Post

1.) Where you are from? Ė Iím from South Texas but live in Maryland due to work.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) Ė Grew up in the 70ís and 80ís on BMX bikes and graduated to mountain bikes when I joined the US Air Force in 1990. Rode a lot and did some XC racing in Florida and Germany while active through the 90ís and quit riding around 2K. Now, some years later and just turning half a century old Iíd say Iím definitely in the weekend warrior category. I've been recently riding a bunch of local trails with some of the guys from my church.

3.) How many bikes you own? Ė One. A 2005 GT Moto Dirt Jump (soon to be replaced).

4.) How long have you been riding? Ė Recently, about 3 weeks. Collectively, more than 20 years.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Ė This is my first MTB forum; Iím a competitive archer and avid bow hunter so the majority of the past few years have been on archery pages and forums.

Just wanted to add that I am looking for a new bike but kind of feel like Rip Van Winkle! The last bike I bought was a 26Ē. Now there are 27.5, 27.5 Plus, 29, Fat Bikes then thereís Boost and dropper posts and wireless shifters OH MY!

Before joining this forum, Iíve been using it for research and learning whatís out there. Thanks to everyone thatís posted reviews and information so after my 20 year nap I can catch up! Look forward to continuing to research, learn, and more importantly excited to get back on my pedals after a long time!

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-gt1.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2019

Hello All,

finally registered for this site. Iíve been on it for many years. Love reading all the info. Just wanted to say hi. And keep up the good work on this site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    1.) Omaha, Nebraska
    2.) I'm a very beginner rider again. Now 32 and the last time I was really on a bike I was 18
    3.) 1 bike. Just bought a 2018 cannondale scalpel-se 5 for my birthday
    4.) 0 days as of now lol

Looking to get my son out riding. I remember loving to ride with my dad. Probably bought more of a bike then needed but oh well lol.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    1.) Where you are from?

Upstate New York

All mountain, but definitely like faster flowy trails. Bug fan of berms.

3.) How many bikes you own?

Just the one right now....2019 Specialized Fuse Comp

I used to ride road bikes when I was young. Then I went to college, for married, and had 4 kids. Somewhere around college I stopped. I'm now 49 (avid Cross Fitter) and just got back into MTB riding with the family. Just spent 3 days riding Kingdom Trails in VT and am booked.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Spending time in the General and 27.5+ forums so far just absorbing knowledge

We own about 7 acres in Upstate NY with most of it being woods. With the help of my kids we created 1/4 mile or so trail to play around on. Kingdom Trails gave me some good ideas for things I can try to add (berms, pump hills, and maybe even some type of wood work) so can't wait to keep improving things for just messing around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2019
    1.) Where you are from?

Croatia

Newish to intermediate

Specialized Chisel X1 Comp 2019, Custom Rog Maraton 1984

Approx 10 years but now with pause 3 years

Specialized

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    1.) Where you are from?

San Antonio, TX

I am weekly rider going out for exercise, outdoor time and fun.

Just got a Procaliber 9.8, I also have an urban paved trails bike and an older 26.5" Mtn. bike I built 10-15 years ago

actively 20 years but with varied consistency

Not sure yet.

mtbr member
    Hi guys! Just here trying to know a little bit about how this forum works.

1.) Where you are from?

Spain!

I try to ride as much as possible!

Too much bikes for only 1 guy
    Scott Addict 2017
    Santa cruz highball 2018
    CommenÁal Furious 2017
    Mondraker Dune 2014

Actively 6 years aprox.

Not sure yet.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    1.) Where you are from?

The Netherlands

As much as possible!

KTM Lycan 271

4 years aprox.

Not sure yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hi folks!

1.) Where you are from?

Madrid, Spain.

I'm a mostly weekend enduro rider.

Canyon Strive CF 2016
    Rookie El Bandido

Wow... more than 25 years...

Not sure yet.

mtbr member
    Hello! Ann here, from the South Salish Sea (the Steh-Chass inlet), in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I've mostly been a road rider, but I'm currently getting into mountain biking. My goal is to work up to making ramped jumps and doing quick DH runs, but that may be a ways out.

I currently have 4 bikes: a GT Tachyon (probably going to let this project go soon though), a Scott Team Cst, a Cinelli (GF) Otomomilla, and an old Cannondale touring bike.

I've been riding off and on and quite casually for a few decades (I was big into the fixie craze as a youth).

Probably going to be frequenting the 26er forums a lot. (I have a passion for vintage dirt drop mtb)

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    ]Hello All,

1.) Where you are from?
    Wonder land
    Clumsy (restoration is my thing)

3.) How many bikes you own?

4.) How long have you been restoring American history?
    10+

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Bmx museum

mtbr member

Hello from Central NJ

Hello, middle ager new member from NJ.

Been struggling with weight all my life (currently 350lbs)..always get motivated to exercise but as usual it is only short term and go to my typical bad habits in a couple of days.

A few months ago, I had a long great conversation with a work colleague on cycling, that it got me motivated to bring down my old Trek bike from my garageís rafters and remove the dust it accumulated over the decades.

Went to a few LBSs to see if they could tune it up and all basically said it is not worth servicing as it might cost more than a new ride. Thought it was a gimmick to get me to spend money so I started to do some research...which turned into being fascinated with cycling overall. Looks like a lot has changed in the sport since the mid 90s. The last time I was obsessed like this was 15 years ago when I got into motorcycles.

Iím an avid motorcyclists, love National Parks and take long rides every other year to them. In fact, my buddies and I just came back from Glacier National Park last month. It was an epic ride, 6K+ miles in 2+ weeks of vacation. Loved every minute of it, although it was the first time I really noticed that there are a lot of cyclists out there. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to them during my vacation that it peaked my interest even more.

So fast forward and to make a long story short...got a great deal on a leftover Specialized Roll Sport...Iíve ridden more on a bicycle the last 4 weeks than my entire life and have surprised myself how much I enjoyed it and had fun...Iím on the internet everyday researching and have even bought magazines!!!

To date, I have lost 10 lbs with not only cycling, but more importantly, watching what I eat. I feel this is different vs all the other diet/exercise fads Iíve tried so many times for so long. I really hope this is the defining moment of the lifestyle change that I needed to get healthy.

Iím looking forward to the knowledge I gain in this forum and discovering myself as I ease into this sport.

Sorry for being long winded but appreciate taking the time to reading this intro.

Bikesexual
    Welcome! I recently found cycling myself, and although is not weight related, it's total therapy for me. No gyms, no BS, just a lot of fun on your bike.

Congrats, welcome to the madness, and stick to it, it really can be life changing.

It's all about having fun!!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu.. View Post
    ...]Went to a few LBSs to see if they could tune it up and all basically said it is not worth servicing as it might cost more than a new ride. Thought it was a gimmick to get me to spend money ...
    Bike shops make good money servicing bikes. They'll happily do the work and charge you for parts and labor. If they're advising you its not worth doing, they're trying to do you a favor.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank00 View Post
    Hi there community!
    I'm from London. My fav bike is GT Avalanche Sport and I adore cycling! How do you all do?
    Welcome, feeling terrible, tired of going
    round and round

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu.. View Post
    Hello, middle ager new member from NJ.

Been struggling with weight all my life (currently 350lbs)..always get motivated to exercise but as usual it is only short term and go to my typical bad habits in a couple of days.

A few months ago, I had a long great conversation with a work colleague on cycling, that it got me motivated to bring down my old Trek bike from my garageís rafters and remove the dust it accumulated over the decades.

Went to a few LBSs to see if they could tune it up and all basically said it is not worth servicing as it might cost more than a new ride. Thought it was a gimmick to get me to spend money so I started to do some research...which turned into being fascinated with cycling overall. Looks like a lot has changed in the sport since the mid 90s. The last time I was obsessed like this was 15 years ago when I got into motorcycles.

Iím an avid motorcyclists, love National Parks and take long rides every other year to them. In fact, my buddies and I just came back from Glacier National Park last month. It was an epic ride, 6K+ miles in 2+ weeks of vacation. Loved every minute of it, although it was the first time I really noticed that there are a lot of cyclists out there. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to them during my vacation that it peaked my interest even more.

So fast forward and to make a long story short...got a great deal on a leftover Specialized Roll Sport...Iíve ridden more on a bicycle the last 4 weeks than my entire life and have surprised myself how much I enjoyed it and had fun...Iím on the internet everyday researching and have even bought magazines!!!

To date, I have lost 10 lbs with not only cycling, but more importantly, watching what I eat. I feel this is different vs all the other diet/exercise fads Iíve tried so many times for so long. I really hope this is the defining moment of the lifestyle change that I needed to get healthy.

Iím looking forward to the knowledge I gain in this forum and discovering myself as I ease into this sport.

Sorry for being long winded but appreciate taking the time to reading this intro.
    welcome tot he best mid life crisis you will have!!

I followed your same path about 5 years ago...topped out at 310lbs...got back into riding after a 25 year hiatus, and now am down around 190-200 (riding and eating better) Dug out my 95 Trek 830, and found out the same info as you. I still use it as my commuter, but got a Surly Krampus.

You will learn a lot about many things here, and have fun. Lots of characters here...good advice, "good" advice, and some bad...don't forget to post pics of your rides when you can..

https://forums.mtbr.com/riding-passi...988566-45.html

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? New to Mountain Bikes but rode BMX most my life.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Redline Flight & my new Mountain Bike - 2019 Fathom 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? Started BMX Around age of 10 rode till about 25 and now at 41 getting into Mountain Bikes and having so much fun.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Reading everything I can for now.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by maamcgui View Post
    1.) Where you are from? Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? New to Mountain Bikes but rode BMX most my life.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Redline Flight & my new Mountain Bike - 2019 Fathom 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? Started BMX Around age of 10 rode till about 25 and now at 41 getting into Mountain Bikes and having so much fun.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Reading everything I can for now.
    welcome to it!! lots of old BMXers here! Some of us still ride BMX as well. Fellow midwesterner here (Ohio)...

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Thanks for the welcome. Where are some of your favorite places to ride in eastern Ohio?

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

New to forum from las vegas

This is my first official post. I am 40 and ready to buy a new 29er. Still beginner to intermediate compared to the crazy downhill videos on youtube. I mainly ride the trails in Henderson and Boulder City. Looking for a great trail bike that handles our rocks out here. I have been looking at
    Yeti sb130
    Alchemy Arktos
    knolly fugitive lt
    revel rascal
    ibis ripley and ripmo

Anyone with more experience have suggestions? Happy to join the forum and thanks to all that participate.
    Brian

mtbr member
    Apr 2019

Hello mtb community, I'm looking forward to making some friends in the process and getting help and knowledge

Caca pasa
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Head north east to Brian Head and Moab. Rent some bikes to get a feel for different trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

Hello it's MTNMANX posting for the first time to MTBR. Great site by the way.

I really like those steelys from the past and have some images of my vintage 1997 Rocky Mountain ALTITUDE T.O. Had it since then and is still going strong. The Tange Prestige Ultimate Superlight steel tubing is amazing and still love the way it rides. Comfy and a quick frame for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-20190822_215314.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-20190905_154843.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-20190822_215143.jpg  

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Purdy!
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

New here

Hi from the PNW US. I read forums a lot, but generally pretty quiet. Lurking

K2 full suspension mtb, old diamondback road bike with nice bits, does a unicycle count?

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hi, a very quick intro from me.

1.) Currently live in Nelson, New Zealand - yes, very lucky!!
    2.) Reasonably competent off-road, have done some XC racing in recent years, and also do a lot of road cycling and racing.
    3.) Currently own a Giant Trance, KHS road race bike, and Trek Caliber 29er for commuting and longer gravel rides.
    4.) A very long time! I grew up with bikes and then started mtb in the eighties, but had a hiatus for about 10 years or so focusing on motorcycles.
    5.) Most frequently read advrider.com.

I'm currently shopping for an enduro bike - I think, rather than a trail bike. I find I'm really pushing the limits of me and the Trance on Grade 4+ and 5 tracks. Hot for a YT Capra 27 CF Pro.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2019

First Post and Howdy!

"Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our General Discussion forum."

Hi Folks, Back to biking after a 30 year absence. Searching Craigs List up in Duluth, MN this summer I found a Surly Pugsley for sale, hadn't considered a fat tire bike but it was a great price and there are excellent trails around the cabin, turns out the Pugsley is perfect for the terrain.

Now we're back in GA and I wanted to continue riding, I'm not much for exercise but I do love to bike so I stopped in to Loose Nuts in ATL and left w/ a Surly Ogre (thought I wanted a 27.5 Bridge Club but they were a few weeks out).

I'm a MN boy so the Surly name and sensibility lights me up, really dig the steel frame and the geometry of the touring Surlys just fit.

My night gig is music, I'm a life long musician, build electric guitars, husband, father, all the good stuff!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8517.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8673-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hey wait a second! There's a guy on a certain guitar forum who just bought the same bike!?!?!? One of you may be an impostor. Either way, cool bike and welcome aboard, Bob.

ps - I know a lady from Duluth. She was bit by a dog with a rabid tooth.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Run! Get out of this forum while you still can! I've been stuck in this quagmire for 20 years.

Nice bikes.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    ps - I know a lady from Duluth. She was bit by a dog with a rabid tooth.

Where do bad folks go when they die? They don't go to heaven where the angels fly.
    They go to the lake of fire and fry. Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July.

Welcome to the nut-farm pugbob.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Bikesexual
    Nice bikes! Surly rocks!

Yes it is real! (Just a cat fight starter)

Welcome to the forum!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    could be me Scott O. Tho no one there seems to care.

One ring to mash them all
    Welcome. Cool Surlys. What skinwalls are those?
    Bikes. Lots of bikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Thanks! Panaracer Cedric Gracia 29 x 2.25

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Returning NorCal rider here. I used to ride in the 90's, mostly in Marin Headlands on a rigid Kona Lava Dome.

Now older and a total newb on a 2018 Vitus Sentier VR+ hardtail, living in Oakland and riding mostly JMP. My current goal is to complete the Sequoya-Bayview - Big Trees loop without putting a foot down. Some ways to go but improving on every ride. Hope to meet locals at some point.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Hello everyone. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I was born and raised in NorCal and moved to Arizona 4 years ago. (hence my user name) I rode BMX as a kid and now that I'm older, I got fatter and out of shape. Needing to live a healthier lifestyle and being able to hike for hunting season, I decided to get a MTB and go at it.

So I did some research and found the Giant Talon 2 to be a decent entry level bike and pulled the trigger in late July.

I've upgraded the fork through Suntours upgrade program, went to a Aggressor rear tire when the OEM tire got a gash in it, and swappedto lock on grips. I've been looking at 1x systems and dropper post for my next upgrades.

So far my weight is down, I have more energy, and walking up mountains isn't impossible. Looking forward to learning more and continuing my growth on a MTB.

diogombmonteiro
    Oct 2019
    Hi, im a consultant of your fůrum and finally i decided to register in the forum. I'm not new in bike scene, i'm a mountain bike rider scene for many years, i am from Portugal, i live in a small city called Paredes located on Porto district, in Portugal has a lot of cycling and MTB fans, and a lot o riding spots.
    My dream of a kid is to have a versatile Allmountain Bike, something appropriated to ride, with Sunday cross-country buddies. And sometimes do some downhill single tracks, and participate in some avalanche and enduro events, with enduro buddies. I bought my first officially bike in 2009, it has a used Lapierre Spicy 516 with a lot of modifications and upgrades. And actually i have the same bike, and i bought a classic road bike, and i pretend to install some actual parts, that combine with the classic style of the bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_20171221_145507.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Hi! My name is Dustin from Calgary, Alberta. My MTB background is a bit odd:

Started riding XC in 1998 as a teenager, rode pretty much daily and raced a bit. Around 2002 got into DH and "freeride" and lived that life for a number of years. Had the full rig 8" travel, Hayes Mags, Shivvers etc. In 2006 had a bad crash with dislocated ankle, kneecap and shoulder, concussion etc. By the time I recovered from that I never really got back into it. Riding buddies got into motocross and I ended up selling my bike. Did the roadie thing for a number of years until a couple years ago when I crashed and broke my femur. I don't crash often but seem to make it count...

Basically, I haven't ridden a mountain bike since 2006. I sold my carbon weight weenie road bike a couple years ago and just have a Surly pacer for bike path duty.

I'm now 36 and have 5 and 7 year old daughters that are really keen cyclists. Over the past couple months I've started catching up with the state of the industry and holy moly the bikes have come a long way! People are doing stuff on 150mm bikes that you used to need a 200mm 45lb downhill rig to do! And the new ones will go up a hill! I've got the bug back in a big way and I'm now researching Enduro bikes.

1. From Calgary, Alberta.
    2.Circa 2006 I was advanced to expert DH. Now? No idea.
    3. Currently own a Surly pacer and an old Specialized stumpy hard tail with DH wheels and a DJ1 fork that haven't ridden for over a decade.
    4.Rode extensively from 1998 to 2006. Haven't been on a MTB since.
    5. Just this one so far!

Thanks!

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748