Thread: New to Forum

mtbr member

New to Forum

Just dropping by and saying hi. I'm new to the forum. Feel like I'm applying for a job.... so insert resume to being cool here:

Little about me, I used to ride my local trails as a kid, it was easy, literally 3 blocks away have a little trail system named "Wilderness". Never took riding a bike seriously through teenage years, always had a bike though. Early 2018 dusted off a 2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0 hardtail, took a drive out to a trail called Mollala recreational corridor. About 45 mins from portland, and got instantly hooked. Every weekend rode there for about 2 months. Decided I had enough of a sore bum on the roots of those trails. Invested in on a clearance sale which I'm sure a lot of you saw, bought a 2016 Pivot Mach 6 V2 XTR/XT pro1 model. Set up a OneUp dropper and fell even more in love. I decide to continue the adventure. I work a lot, so it's only weekend trips usually for me, but eventually hit up trails like Silver Falls, Sandy Ridge, Hagg Lake, and even ventured out to Leavenworth for a vacation weekend, hit up the Fruend Loop while there. I'm based in a suburb of portland and hope to add many locations to my list of 2019.

General info, 27 years old. Short, 5'6", I ride a super bike in the summer. Work at a dealership. Play video games every now an then. Dig just about all types of movies. Love tinkering in the garage. Have a cat. Have a girl who rides horses, has no interest in bikes (big trail arguements happen often). Waste about 6-8 hours commuting to work a week. Stupid portland.

Looking for my winter motivation, as it's all ice out. Just got the Fuji set up on a trainer, so I got that going for me.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Welcome, donít take it personal when this thread gets moved here shortly. Happens to many of them and these new member ones usually get hit pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    I'm in Portland. Can't imagine spending 6 hours in a car for work. A lot of guys ride growlers gulch through winter. Stub Steward, and Wilson River are usually good through winter too. Never been to/heard of those Mollala trails. Falls Creek is a great summer ride in the Gorge for summer. If you wanna drive out to Hood, Syncline is good winter riding. Though It's under snow with this current system for now.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Nice cat.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    I'm in Portland. Can't imagine spending 6 hours in a car for work. A lot of guys ride growlers gulch through winter. Stub Steward, and Wilson River are usually good through winter too. Never been to/heard of those Mollala trails. Falls Creek is a great summer ride in the Gorge for summer. If you wanna drive out to Hood, Syncline is good winter riding. Though It's under snow with this current system for now.
    I just had a buddy hit stub steward. It's high on the list of next trails. Never heard of growlers gulch. Google here I come!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Welcome, donít take it personal when this thread gets moved here shortly. Happens to many of them and these new member ones usually get hit pretty quick.
    Theyll put it where-ever it needs to go! No worries here.

...that's what she said!