Results 1 to 43 of 43
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934

    Narrow mtb saddle

    What is a good narrow saddle? My current ergon saddle is wide hence I can't move my rear end to the back of the saddle.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Silverado.

    2x4s are good, too.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    124
    WTB models (like the Silverado mentioned) come in different sizes down to 130. Saddles are pretty personal, so it's worth trying some if you can. A lot of bike shops will let you put a saddle on the bike and see if it works for you on a trainer.

    While it works great for others, I personally don't like the Silverado for me, but other WTB models like the Volt work well. Like I said, it's a personal choice.

  4. #4
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    SDG Falcon

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

    '16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

  5. #5
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,017
    As much as I'm generally not a fan of Spec., I do like their minimalist saddles. Their Body Geometry saddles really work for me.

    As saddle fit is so subjective, you'll likely need to try out a few to find what works for you.
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    SDG Falcon

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    This saddle is 140 mm wide. It is still wide

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    The Orange Fleet:

    '16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

  8. #8
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-Ti-Rail-Saddle

    130mm - from here you are on your own
    The Orange Fleet:

    '16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

  9. #9
    ●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,087
    No one can recommend a saddle for you. It's a personal fit item.

  10. #10
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    23,647

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    https://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-Ti-Rail-Saddle

    130mm - from here you are on your own
    Good idea

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LargeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Can't believe that thing is still around, a real ball splitter if you have to slide back!

    ProLogo Scratch X8, switched from a Silverado and has been a nice saddle so far.

  13. #13
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Interesting saddle. I wonder how that fin feels. Do you own one?
    The Orange Fleet:

    '16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

  14. #14
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    23,647
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Interesting saddle. I wonder how that fin feels. Do you own one?
    no, but I think it would be perfect for Picard.

  15. #15
    ●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Interesting saddle. I wonder how that fin feels. Do you own one?
    I'm sitting on one now.

    Delightful.

  16. #16
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,920
    Yeah.. I think I fell for that one...made in Paraguay lol.

    That would be a pain in the azz saddle!
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    I'm sitting on one now.

    Delightful.
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

    '16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    I am researching SQlab saddle 611. Does anyone own one?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    ●●●●●●●●◌◌
    Reputation: phlegm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I am researching SQlab saddle 611. Does anyone own one?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    It doesn't matter if anyone owns one. If it's great for them, it could be terrible for you.

  19. #19
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  20. #20
    the discerning hooligan
    Reputation: MOJO K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    4 answers to 4 different threads with 4 words and a link. Amazing!
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

  21. #21
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    4 answers to 4 different threads with 4 words and a link. Amazing!
    I was on a 4 minute roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  22. #22
    the discerning hooligan
    Reputation: MOJO K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I was on a 4 minute roll.
    Are you in a hurry to get out of here, do you have some place you need to go?
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

  23. #23
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Are you in a hurry to get out of here, do you have some place you need to go?
    Nope, just have all the pertinent answers in one or two words. Keep typing fellas.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  24. #24
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    What is a good narrow saddle? My current ergon saddle is wide hence I can't move my rear end to the back of the saddle.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I think you are looking for a dropper post. That way you can get behind your saddle and not worry about sacrificing comfort for convenience of getting your weight back over descents and having the saddle in the way.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    My dropper post is sent for service

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrusher View Post
    I think you are looking for a dropper post. That way you can get behind your saddle and not worry about sacrificing comfort for convenience of getting your weight back over descents and having the saddle in the way.
    I think we’ve all decided we’re going back to the proper term here.

    Post #80

    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...l#post13809086
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  27. #27
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,360
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I think we’ve all decided we’re going back to the proper term here.

    Post #80

    http://forums.mtbr.com/general-discu...l#post13809086
    You are right this should be an adjustable seatpost that he has in the shop that is necessitating replacing his seat so he can ride his bike. Before adjustable seatposts we usually just lowered out saddle manually. You can even keep it a little lower than usual so you have better clearance at a little cost of less perfect leg extension.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  28. #28
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I am researching SQlab saddle 611. Does anyone own one?

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    No. They never sold a single one.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

  29. #29
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    My dropper post is sent for service

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Do you even ride, bro?
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: richardjohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18
    Have you just tried no saddle?

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    Do you even ride, bro?
    Yes. I ride my bike often moron

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Yes. I ride my bike often moron

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Good one.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

  33. #33
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjohnson View Post
    Have you just tried no saddle?
    Or a dildo?
    You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.

  34. #34
    jcd's best friend
    Reputation: Battery's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,193
    This

    Narrow mtb saddle-essax-shark-saddle.jpg
    Trek | Octane One | Transition

  35. #35
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    As much as I'm generally not a fan of Spec., I do like their minimalist saddles. Their Body Geometry saddles really work for me.

    As saddle fit is so subjective, you'll likely need to try out a few to find what works for you.
    I'll second this sentiment. Also, Specialized dealers should be equipped to assist in determining the correct saddle size for you. Part of their fit process is sitting on memory foam, and then measuring your sit bones. That measurement translates into a recommendation of saddle width. For me this experience was life/ride changing. My comfort has increased 100 fold since I had a fit and started riding the correct size.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Or a dildo?
    Fitch tried dildo and he like it

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

  37. #37
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    I'll second this sentiment. Also, Specialized dealers should be equipped to assist in determining the correct saddle size for you. Part of their fit process is sitting on memory foam, and then measuring your sit bones. That measurement translates into a recommendation of saddle width. For me this experience was life/ride changing. My comfort has increased 100 fold since I had a fit and started riding the correct size.
    All I can picture in this fitting is Joey’s tailor.

    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  38. #38
    CEO Product Failure
    Reputation: bingemtbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    All I can picture in this fitting is Joey’s tailor.

    Two things:
    1. LMAO! I never watched Friends but that was pretty funny.
    2. The measurement is taken from the indentations on the memory foam. There is no touching/measuring taken direct from your sit bones. Understandably, what I wrote could be missinterpretted.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    24
    I was also having saddle issues. I recommended knowing what size you may need. Everyone is different. The saddle I had was to small for my 148 that I need. But I compromised on a 142 because that's what the LBS had. Plenty comfy with really no issues. Plus flatter and not as curved also helped.

  40. #40
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    I’m glad we’ve narrowed it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  41. #41
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I’m glad we’ve narrowed it down.
    You really have a narrow world-view, don't you? But I'm guessing by now, that news is wide-spread.
    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

  42. #42
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    32,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    You really have a narrow world-view, don't you? But I'm guessing by now, that news is wide-spread.
    You narrowly missed catching the bus my minutes, but that’s alright one of a shorter variety which is more up your narrow alley should be by shortly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  43. #43
    Not helpful.
    Reputation: Finch Platte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    15,513
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    You narrowly missed catching the bus my minutes, but that’s alright one of a shorter variety which is more up your narrow alley should be by shortly.


    I wouldn't even get my hair cut except it's near the liquor store and it seems like my eyebrows need trimming now and then.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 01:37 PM
  2. Looking for a really narrow saddle
    By kauffee in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 08:09 PM
  4. need help, chainstay narrow, ti frame, narrow tired
    By ifrider2 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 05:52 PM
  5. Need Tall, narrow tire for narrow HT chainstays..
    By Spongebob in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:48 PM

Members who have read this thread: 104

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.