Motorist Drives Onto Manhattan Bike Path, Killing Several People- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434

    Motorist Drives Onto Manhattan Bike Path, Killing Several People

    Just turned on CNN, shots fired and maybe some cyclists involved, hope everyone is ok.


    EDIT by Klurejr - Changed the Title to be more clear it is bike related and moved to General as this is not Off Topic on a Biking centric website. Also adding a link to an article:
    Motorist Drives Onto Manhattan Bike Path, Killing Several People : The Two-Way : NPR
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  2. #2
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    6 dead, truck driving the wrong way on a cycling path. Possible terrorism.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: demonlarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    267
    Just read the article, the pics don't look too good for at least one cyclist.


  4. #4
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    Yeah, several bikes on the ground on TV.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  5. #5
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    Road Rage against cyclists or something else?
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

  6. #6
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    Appears to be terrorism.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Not road rage
    He’s in custody, we will find out
    Round and round we go

  8. #8
    Log off and go ride!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,628
    Is mike vandeman in NY now?
    Do not take anything I post seriously. I don't.

  9. #9
    Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Reputation: chuckha62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,732
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    Is mike vandeman in NY now?
    Did the guy have a saw, too?
    "And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called, The Human Race..."

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Coal-Cracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Appears to be terrorism.
    Yes, it appears that way.

    "Multiple law enforcement sources say the New York incident is being investigated as terrorism. Separately, four law enforcement sources said witnesses reported the suspect was yelling Allahu Akbar."

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/31/us/new...red/index.html

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BCTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    I ride down a bike path every day to work - I guess I need to keep my eye out for terrorists driving cars now - the new normal in 2017.

  12. #12
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,674
    Quote Originally Posted by BCTJ View Post
    I ride down a bike path every day to work - I guess I need to keep my eye out for terrorists driving cars now - the new normal in 2017.
    It’s a sad world we live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Now 8 people dead, and definitely a lone wolf terrorist act. A very cowardly one I might add. He’ll have fun in jail.

    NY is a symbol of freedom and democracy. We will always be a target. First responders were again very impressive, and the Halloween parade will be even more participated because of this. Of that I am sure
    Round and round we go

  14. #14
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,674
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Now 8 people dead, and definitely terrorist act. A very cowardly one I might add. He’ll have fun in jail
    All terrorist acts are cowardly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  15. #15
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,674
    And why wasn’t this piece of shit killed on the spot?

    Because we are civil society with laws that protect the criminal.

    Motorist Drives Onto Manhattan Bike Path, Killing Several People-037baa4b-d271-4a24-ac67-3ed11ed8610e.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  16. #16
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And why wasn’t this piece of shit killed on the spot?

    Because we are civil society with laws that protect the criminal.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	037BAA4B-D271-4A24-AC67-3ED11ED8610E.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	1164969
    I'm thinking they need him alive to gather additional intelligence?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  17. #17
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,674
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I'm thinking they need him alive to gather additional intelligence?
    And then lock him up for life and let the tax payers foot the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  18. #18
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    Thanks for updating the title guys, when I posted It wasn't very clear what took place.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  19. #19
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,434
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And then lock him up for life and let the tax payers foot the bill.
    Oh I know, I'm with you! Kill the SOB!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit
    Surly Cross-Check

  20. #20
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    336
    I lived less than a mile from the apartments where the two Islamic extremists lived in Phoenix that drove to Dallas to murder people at the Muhammad drawing contest. None of their neighbors felt they were dangerous. fortunately, the event security forces shot them both dead.

    If you meet anyone who talks about the U.S. being evil and they mention they are Muslims, or mention they support Islamic causes, get away from them and call 911 and report them. Try to get license plate numbers and description. It may seem like nothing, and the next thing you know, they are gunning down innocent people.

  21. #21
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    34,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
    If you meet anyone who talks about the U.S. being evil and they mention they are Muslims, or mention they support Islamic causes, get away from them and call 911 and report them. Try to get license plate numbers and description. It may seem like nothing, and the next thing you know, they are gunning down innocent people.
    100% agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

  22. #22
    since 4/10/2009
    Reputation: Harold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    27,512
    Quote Originally Posted by boris badenov View Post
    if you meet anyone who talks about the u.s. Being evil, get away from them and call 911 and report them. Try to get license plate numbers and description. It may seem like nothing, and the next thing you know, they are gunning down innocent people.
    fify

  23. #23
    Nothing seems to kill me
    Reputation: CUP-TON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Oh I know, I'm with you! Kill the SOB!
    Death is too good for this SOB. I say torture, drawn and quaterted, Iron Maiden.
    Sweet Jesus don't let the judge release me, what if she's a Zombie or a Dracula and tries to f&*king eat me.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theMeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,462
    Halloween parade in nyc, just blocks from where this occurred, was a huge turn out. More than usual, with a large Muslim turn out as well. Makes me so happy when a terrorist act has the opposite effect, and it certainly did.
    Everyone should be proud of New Yorkers today!
    Round and round we go

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,270
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post
    Now 8 people dead, and definitely a lone wolf terrorist act.
    How many terrorist have to do the same before people stop calling this a lone wolf and start calling it Islamic terrorism? Seriously we are getting numb to this stuff being in the news and we try and minimise the alarm by talking it down as being random. It's not random, it's pushing an ideological agenda.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Crankout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,360
    The West Side bike path is one of the busiest in the US, which makes sense given the locale and population density. What a tragedy.
    The only important thing these days, is rhythm and melody. Rhythm...and melody.

  27. #27
    I didn't do it
    Reputation: Mookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,461
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    How many terrorist have to do the same before people stop calling this a lone wolf and start calling it Islamic terrorism? Seriously we are getting numb to this stuff being in the news and we try and minimise the alarm by talking it down as being random. It's not random, it's pushing an ideological agenda.
    We need to be far more concerned about angry white guys with guns. Lets stay focused on the real problem here.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    And then lock him up for life and let the tax payers foot the bill.
    What else would you suggest? Should we strip him naked and crucify him in central Park? How about we murder his grandma? IMO we should be able to come up with a system where convicts pay for themselves but that would probably only work in a slavery model. And that's seems messed up.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    24
    Radical Islamic Terrorism. Torture the scum for information, then feed him to the hogs so he cannot have is virgin children in heaven.

  30. #30
    Co Springs
    Reputation: bachman1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    How many terrorist have to do the same before people stop calling this a lone wolf and start calling it Islamic terrorism? Seriously we are getting numb to this stuff being in the news and we try and minimise the alarm by talking it down as being random. It's not random, it's pushing an ideological agenda.
    I hadn't read anything that seemed like it minimized the fear, threat or actions of terrorism because of the term 'lone wolf'.
    In fact, I think of it as a way our nation (all of us) have been alerted by LEO to be more diligent, aware and forward-thinking of the potential one person can inflict as in the 3 or 4 attacks last year.

    These admittedly, are assailants that can be well below the radar of intelligence monitoring "chatter" and entering our country with no known or questionable history.

    SEE HERE :

    Quote Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
    I lived less than a mile from the apartments where the two Islamic extremists lived in Phoenix that drove to Dallas to murder people at the Muhammad drawing contest. None of their neighbors felt they were dangerous. fortunately, the event security forces shot them both dead.


    If you meet anyone who talks about the U.S. being evil and they mention they are Muslims, or mention they support Islamic causes, get away from them and call 911 and report them. Try to get license plate numbers and description. It may seem like nothing, and the next thing you know, they are gunning down innocent people.
    "Before you criticize, you should walk a mile in their shoes. You'll be a mile away from them and you have their shoes"

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BCTJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Maybe they should give him his 72 virgins before he dies - 72 MALE virgins -

  32. #32
    Stone Jack Baller
    Reputation: slowpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantastic79 View Post
    What else would you suggest? Should we strip him naked and crucify him in central Park? How about we murder his grandma? IMO we should be able to come up with a system where convicts pay for themselves but that would probably only work in a slavery model. And that's seems messed up.
    I'm not a terrorist sympathizer, so I say kill him on the spot.

  33. #33
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,006
    wow, this thread took a nasty turn....
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

Similar Threads

  1. Tubeless set up something went wrong
    By Hbnel5on in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-22-2017, 01:41 PM
  2. What went down at Sea Otter.
    By pvd in forum Frame Building
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 05:50 PM
  3. I went down to see the folks at Titus today
    By pedalwrench in forum Titus
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2012, 08:49 AM
  4. Went and bought me something fast... (Epic stoke)
    By schlim in forum Specialized
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
  5. Post count went down
    By JSumner13 in forum Site Feedback/Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.