Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Can someone change my mind and convince me why it belongs in this section of MTBR?
    Does is belong in Passion? Not really.

If it was in General, I'd say leave it where it is. While there are elements of the thread related to trail building and advocacy, I see this thread as more about how trails are being ridden, and that pertains to a much wider audience than just those folks who are interested in trail building and advocacy.

Probably doesn't matter, since most of the back and forth in this thread has been rehashed in dozens of other threads in the trail building/advocacy forum and others.
    No dig no whine

This place needs an enema
    I am resisting the urge to move this thread to the Trail Building and Advocation section of this site.... I don't see how it fits as a riding story or riding passion. Really seems like advocacy.

Can someone change my mind and convince me why it belongs in this section of MTBR?

The OP was directed at the general public, as a means for educating people about best use practices.

Stuffing this thread into advocacy is a good way to make sure it only gets seen by those whom already understand.

More visible here.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Food for thought regarding trail braiding -- If you're a local who's lived and ridden in a place for many years then you know which line is the original line. However, when you travel to other unfamiliar riding areas sometimes you come across a section that has more than one line choice. Sometimes it's obvious which line is the main line so you take that one. Sometimes all options look equally well-used and you can't tell which was the original line and which is the new line. When that happens what is there to do? I take whichever line looks the most fun.

This is one of the more illuminating points I've found on MTBR in years. Thanks.

slow
    I am resisting the urge to move this thread to the Trail Building and Advocation section of this site.... I don't see how it fits as a riding story or riding passion. Really seems like advocacy.

I don't believe it fits in Passion, but it would be best placed in General Discussion where more people will see it rather than getting lost in Trail Building / Advocacy where it would be preaching to the choir, as mikesee mentioned.

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    you are right on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    I don't think I can...
    Thank you. Moving this now.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

\_(ツ)_/ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    Does is belong in Passion? Not really.

If it was in General, I'd say leave it where it is. While there are elements of the thread related to trail building and advocacy, I see this thread as more about how trails are being ridden, and that pertains to a much wider audience than just those folks who are interested in trail building and advocacy.

Probably doesn't matter, since most of the back and forth in this thread has been rehashed in dozens of other threads in the trail building/advocacy forum and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I don't believe it fits in Passion, but it would be best placed in General Discussion where more people will see it rather than getting lost in Trail Building / Advocacy where it would be preaching to the choir, as mikesee mentioned.
    Agreed, General for now.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12