mtbr member

KS Customer Service?

So I have a KS Dropzone seatpost that I bought about 18 months ago. About a month ago, it started sinking about an inch or so on its own. Long story short, I read up on the problem and it seems that this is a fairly common problem with KS posts and that it should be a warranty fix.

So I go to the KS website and call them and cant get an answer. I write them an email and wait a few days. No answer.

Then I look on their site again and notice they have a page where you can fill in a form and request an RMA number. I did this and fairly quickly, received an RMA number to send the post back to KS in California.

I box it up and include the requeted paperwork (original receipt within the last 2 years, printout of the RMA # email) and send it to them.

According to USPS, it arrived last Friday.

I havent heard anything back from them since this. I have called several times and left several messages. The only two extensions on their phone line are 102 and 0, and both immediately go to the same voicemail.

I have written them a couple emails too, just asking what is the status. I have no idea what the deal is. Are they going to fix it? Are they going to charge me? when am i going to get my seatpost back?

Anyone have any ideas on how to contact these guys? Seriously frustrating that they wont pick up the phone or respond to email/voicemails...

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There is a thread on this ,do a search. I needed some parts for my 900i ,emailed them ,told them what I needed ,had the parts in 3 or 4 days.

SS Pusher Man
    A buddy of mine lives down the street from KS.....had an issue with his post after 1 ride.....got the RMA #....looked at the PO Box # and realized he was dropping it off at the same exact post office that the PO Box was at. Still took 3.5 weeks to get his post back.
    Bicycles donít have motors or batteries.

Ebikes are not bicycles

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i went through this, they simply do not respond to the voicemails or emails. my repaired seatpost showed up in the mail 3 and half weeks after sending it in, in the same box i sent it in with no paper work or anything. works great now

mtbr member
    k. so i still havent heard back from them but i guess ill keep calling occasionally, but expect it to come back in a few weeks. i ahev a friend letting me borrow his post while mine is out of commission so its not a huge deal

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i wouldn't bother calling anymore, unless it really starts taking a long time to get it back. you should be good on the warranty, and they won't charge you. i think they just have one guy there at customer service and clearly he can't handle the volume of correspondence they receive. good luck!

mtbr member
    just an FYI, Mike from KS returned my call last night and let me know hes working on my post and will be shipping it back today.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    cool. maybe they are getting it together a little better over there. my return experience was a year ago

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Bringing this back from the dead. Just sent in my KS lev seatpost for warranty repair, as it had developed significant play and a reluctance to pop back up. Turn around was less than a day, and including shipping both ways across the country I had my seatpost back in 6 days. Crazy! They sent a note with it saying it just needed a basic 3 month service which they provided out of goodwill. The short service intervals on components these days is ridiculous.