Keep it in your pants,- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Keep it in your pants,

Lance. Ever heard of birth control? While I am sure he could feed alot of family's they shouldn't all be his kids. Global Swarming is not a joke folks!

"Cycling legend Lance Armstrong a survivor of testicular cancer and girlfriend Anna Hansen are expecting a baby, CNN learned Tuesday through his charitable organization.

The baby is due in June.

Armstrong was diagnosed in 1996 with testicular cancer that had spread to his brain, lungs and abdomen. He underwent treatment for the disease and was able to return to cycling, eventually winning seven consecutive Tour de France races."
    The future is not google-able. William Gibson

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Do a detect a bit of jealousy there?
    Who cares? So what if he can have kids? More power to him, glad the cancer didn't take that away from him.Leave Lance alone, if you want to chew somebody out, go after the people who can't or won't take care of their kids. There's plenty of those to go around...

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    So now people are not permitted to have children based upon your opinion?

Really dude, there are more constructive things in life to complain about.

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    yeah like that family in arkansas(or west virginia or somewhere) that just had their 18th child. i say good for lance.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    If I remember right, I thought Lance had all his little swimmers frozen since he wouldn't be able to fire anything but blanks (after losing a nut and the chemo/radiation). So if that is the case, they decided on it...

i also unicycle
    Jan 2007
    reportedly this was natural. no need to unfreeze his little buddies.
    mtbr says you should know: i work in a bike shop.
    bikes & beers (on my blog) http://idontrideenough.blogspot.com/

Sir Hurt Locker
    Lance's kid will definately be needing some security. I don't think the French want another Armstrong winning all the Tour de France races.

Congrats to Lance!!
    Cheers,

Seb

Probably drunk right now

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MABman
    Lance. Ever heard of birth control? While I am sure he could feed alot of family's they shouldn't all be his kids. Global Swarming is not a joke folks!

"Cycling legend Lance Armstrong a survivor of testicular cancer and girlfriend Anna Hansen are expecting a baby, CNN learned Tuesday through his charitable organization.

The baby is due in June.

Armstrong was diagnosed in 1996 with testicular cancer that had spread to his brain, lungs and abdomen. He underwent treatment for the disease and was able to return to cycling, eventually winning seven consecutive Tour de France races."

So why do you care? And why do you think it's your business to pass judgement on someone else's choices on whether they have a kid or not? Help explain that to me, please.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    So why do you care? And why do you think it's your business to pass judgement on someone else's choices on whether they have a kid or not? Help explain that to me, please.
    It's called being a participant on planet earth. Maybe he should have preceded his statement with imo. I doubt it would have mattered. IMHO. He bailed on his first family. He bailed on his girl friend when she found out she had cancer. He'll probably bail on this one too. Although I pray he won't. He seems to have a problem with setting his priorities. Riding a bike pales in comparison to being there for your family. OK, I'm ready. Let the bashing begin.

Oct 2005
    I can't wait for this thread to hit the Recycling Bin so I could say who wants Lance's spunk and where.

Probably drunk right now

Again, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdonk
    It's called being a participant on planet earth. Maybe he should have preceded his statement with imo. I doubt it would have mattered. IMHO. He bailed on his first family. He bailed on his girl friend when she found out she had cancer. He'll probably bail on this one too. Although I pray he won't. He seems to have a problem with setting his priorities. Riding a bike pales in comparison to being there for your family. OK, I'm ready. Let the bashing begin.
    Let's talk about Brittany, Amy Winehouse, or any other person that has zero effect on our lives, then.

Let's talk about anyone and everyone who doesn't matter. How Lance lives his life doesn't matter to any of us. Neither do the personal decisions he makes.

Probably drunk right now

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I can't wait for this thread to hit the Recycling Bin so I could say who wants Lance's spunk and where.
    I'm sure the mods are all on vacation from their rock star jobs here. Just go ahead and ask who wants Lance spunk and where. I don't think anyone will notice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Proof that it doesn't take two to tango.

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedork82
    So now people are not permitted to have children based upon your opinion?

Really dude, there are more constructive things in life to complain about.
    Yeah, like using apostrophes where they are not needed.
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

Duck Fonald
    Ahh, religious, eh?

That explains it.
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Nothing like a good Lance item to get the juices flowing eh? Juices? Did I just type juices
    The future is not google-able. William Gibson

mtbr member
    I knew of Anna Hansen from high school, it's quite suprising to see her name with Lance.
    No one ever got ahead by following the status quo
    06' GT i-Drive 5 4.0
    99' Concord ProFever
    Myspace

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedmetal
    Leave Lance alone
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1iL23r1Wo
    Insert Lance in there and you got me laughing at what you said.

mtbr member
    Reported good father, who happens to be incredible road bike TdF winner, fathers a new child. Grumpy mountain biker person angered by this. More at 11.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC
    Let's talk about Brittany, Amy Winehouse, or any other person that has zero effect on our lives, then.

Let's talk about anyone and everyone who doesn't matter. How Lance lives his life doesn't matter to any of us. Neither do the personal decisions he makes.

That there is a genuinely naive statement.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlock
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j1iL23r1Wo
    Insert Lance in there and you got me laughing at what you said.

That is just plain funny!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Ahh, religious, eh?

That explains it.
    Yes, that does explain all doesn't it now.

Stiff yet compliant
    I'm assuming the OP was just trying to be cute (is that the same as trolling?) and it hasn't gone over well.

TNC
    noMAD man
    I'm guessing the OP is coming from the angle of over population or such...at least that's how I took it. This is always a touchy subject because it involves a person's or family's rights. On the other hand there are lots of groups who want to tell you what rights you should have as it applies to what kind of car you drive, how far you should drive it, what kind of light bulbs you can use, etc., etc., etc. Oddly enough, those same groups seldom put over population very high on their hit list. Always strikes me as dealing with a symptom instead of the disease type of approach. The whole thing is pretty much a deadend argument from both sides of the fence, as people appear too dogmatic and fragmented to get any thing done about any of it.

I think I'll take Edward Abbey's approach. Outside Magazine did a great interview with Ed toward the end of his life. The magazine correspondent was waiting for Ed to pick him up and go out to Ed's house for the interview and story. Ed came driving up in the biggest, reddest, 60's model Cadillac convertible you could imagine...this was the late 80's. The reporter was aghast, considering Ed's take on evironmental responsibility. "My God!", said the reporter..."What on earth are you doing driving that thing?" Ed went on to explain that he had come to the conclusion that people weren't really going to change anyway, so he would do his part to hasten the inevitable to rid the earth of a nasty parasite...us. Ed felt that eventually we'd all be nose-to-navel with each other in a depressing sea of humanity...if we didn't blow up the planet first with nukes. Ed was probably right.

As far as Lance goes, I like Lance. He's raced some mountainbike races in our state and will hang out at the campfire, drink a beer, and shoot the bull like a regular person. He isn't perfect...and who is?

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MABman

The baby is due in June.

is this a troll post?

yeah, uh............bikes
    google image search of "Anna Hansen" doesn't bring up very flattering pictures.....pretty funny.

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...n&start=0&sa=N

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedmetal
    Leave Lance alone, around...
    seriously.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Yes, that does explain all doesn't it now.
    but it explains it with stupid made up characters and stories

mtbr member
    Who is Anna Hansen? Any pics?

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I'm adding this thread to the ever growing list of amazingly DUMB things I read on this forum.....

I should start a thread/poll of all the stupid, asinine, juvenile, self-centered, idiotic threads I've read. I think that would make for some great entertainment

TNC
    noMAD man

Hey...

Quote Originally Posted by ddraewwg
    I'm adding this thread to the ever growing list of amazingly DUMB things I read on this forum.....

I should start a thread/poll of all the stupid, asinine, juvenile, self-centered, idiotic threads I've read. I think that would make for some great entertainment
    It's winter in many parts of the country, and people have cabin fever...resulting in some real offbeat discussion to avoid breaking out the double-bladed ax and going after family members.

It's in the 70's here today, but I'm trying to get a cold, so I'm wasting part of my life here instead.

Oct 2005
    Hell, you're lucky. I've been hiding in the basement for the last couple days to avoid the family fights about how to decorate the tree and what order to bring the food out in. However, I will be going back home in a few hours solo to enjoy several days of sub-freezing high temps to keep the saturated ground hard. We'll see how well that works out.

TNC
    noMAD man

Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Hell, you're lucky. I've been hiding in the basement for the last couple days to avoid the family fights about how to decorate the tree and what order to bring the food out in. However, I will be going back home in a few hours solo to enjoy several days of sub-freezing high temps to keep the saturated ground hard. We'll see how well that works out.
    JC, from your profile, are you in Germany or PA? Either way, a decent icebox to say the least. Might check to make sure all the garden implements and tools are locked away.

Oct 2005
    I'm in DE. Family is leaving for a ski trip to Switzerland as I type. I had my trip to visit friends in Zurich earlier in the month and have some scheduling issues back home, so I'm good and perhaps better off

squish is good
    Has anybody pointed out that his doctors told him he was gonna be sterile? Oh, maybe the OP is suggesting we practice abstinence unless we are making a baby... suuure buddy, you do that.
    Bike good, work bad.

Old man on a bike
    There's at least one other thread along these lines. Generally I really don't care much to hear about Lance except his racing results, am not too impressed with his family life. OTOH the news that he regenerated his ability to produce fertile sperm is probably more important than the fact that he's having yet another kid (maybe she got pregnant thinking he was sterile). Like others have said, at least he seems to be able to afford it (for now at least).

Thanks for the Ed Abbey story, TNC, Abbey is one of my favorites. What he had to say on reproduction "The purpose of love, sex, and marriage is the production and raising of children. But look about you: Most people have no business having children. They are unqualified, either genetically or culturally or both, to reproduce such sorry specimens as themselves. Of all our privileges, the license to breed is the one most grossly abused." I suppose Ed wouldn't have much of a problem with Lance in most respects...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    My cats breath smells like cat food.

Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

the #1 Stunna'
    well this thread backfired on you huh?
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Moustache rider
    I'm assuming the OP was just trying to be cute (is that the same as trolling?) and it hasn't gone over well.
    That's my guess, too. Once again, the weakness of the internet is illustrated.

So here's my respance:

I'm sure Lance had his chance
    to keep it in his pants
    But then what is the chance for romance,
    or the horizontal dance
    if he took a glance, and looked askance
    at Anna Hanse
    n

That's all I got. Now excuse me, I'm gonna drink some more....

By the way I'm gonna sue ALL of ya for MAKING me waste my time on this

squish is good
    Quote Originally Posted by Albee
    So here's my respance:

I'm sure Lance had his chance
    to keep it in his pants
    But then what is the chance for romance,
    or the horizontal dance
    if he took a glance, and looked askance
    at Anna Hanse
    n

Your poem sucks, but thanks for the laugh
    Bike good, work bad.

Frt Range, CO
    is Lance sporting a new beard?
    Attached Images Attached Images

TNC
    noMAD man

Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Bikinfoolferlife
    There's at least one other thread along these lines. Generally I really don't care much to hear about Lance except his racing results, am not too impressed with his family life. OTOH the news that he regenerated his ability to produce fertile sperm is probably more important than the fact that he's having yet another kid (maybe she got pregnant thinking he was sterile). Like others have said, at least he seems to be able to afford it (for now at least).

Thanks for the Ed Abbey story, TNC, Abbey is one of my favorites. What he had to say on reproduction "The purpose of love, sex, and marriage is the production and raising of children. But look about you: Most people have no business having children. They are unqualified, either genetically or culturally or both, to reproduce such sorry specimens as themselves. Of all our privileges, the license to breed is the one most grossly abused." I suppose Ed wouldn't have much of a problem with Lance in most respects...
    Yeah, Ed was a unique character. On the surface he was a curmedgeon, but underneath he was an eternal optimist, realist, and just damn funny.

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Yeah, Ed was a unique character. On the surface he was a curmedgeon, but underneath he was an eternal optimist, realist, and just damn funny.
    Yep, I bet hanging around the campfire with a coupla brews with Ed would have been a serious treat...
    suum quique

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter
    hahaha

two ways to read that one.........

Old man on a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pursuiter
    That's a beard? Half day's growth for many....
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0