KB CycleWerks Bib Tights - experience with company / product?- Mtbr.com
    Fossil

KB CycleWerks Bib Tights - experience with company / product?

Looking for some bib tights for winter and noticed these folks on eBay and they have their own website as well (kbcyclewerks.com). I searched here and didn't find any mention of this company, so I was curious if anyone has experience with them or their Nordic bib tights in particular. Any input welcome!
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Jul 2006
    Yeah, I'm interested in their gear too. Any info guys?

Fossil
    Based on their eBay store's feedback, I just went ahead and ordered 'em up. I actually got them from their website since the price was the same as their starting bid and shipping was less. It was sort of a funny process... I ordered online, then got an email from KB asking what I had just ordered...!? And their shipping options were cryptic, so I just chose their cheapest shipping option ($2.50) and figured they'd email me if they needed more... they didn't. So for $67.49 I got some tights coming my way. I'll let you know what I think. Remind me if I forget!
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Dec 2007

KB CycleWerks

I reluctantly purchased several items from KB back in early fall. Everything since then has been a positive surprise. I figured there was no way they could be a decent brand at the prices the sell at, but wasn't sure if I would enjoy cold weather riding. So, I gave them a roll. Customer services was a big plus and the products have all out performed several of the bigger name brands I bought from my LBS. I'm bidding on a few more winter items including another wind stopper jacket. I took a spill and ripped the jacket, but saved my skin. That was worth the $80 bucks a lone.

I emailed them before buying and found out they use to be a Manufacture, who thought customers were getting ripped off so they began selling direct this summer.

Fossil
    Just a quick update: I received my Nordic Bib Tights and I'm very happy with the appearance and fit. I have yet to get outside on a bike, but on the trainer they feel plenty flexy enough and the material should be plenty warm for winter rides.

A couple notes:
    1) The Nordic Bib Tights do not have ankle straps, in case you're curious.
    2) At their suggestion, because of the reduced stretch in the Wind Stopper material which makes up much of the front panels, and because I'm pushing the upper limits of their XL size (6'3+, 34" "pants" inseam, 36" real inseam, 35"+ waist), I ordered an XXL and I'm glad I did. It fits great.
    3) Garment was made in Pakistan.
    4) Zippers are decent YKK zippers. I'm sure the uppermost zipper will be useful for pee breaks!

Similar to CycleJunky, this is my first pair of bibs and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend tons of money to find out whether or not I liked 'em. Well, so far, so good with the KBs. Now I'm anxious to get out and get dirty...
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Dec 2007
    I bought a pair of windstoppers and recieved them a week ago. You definetley need to order a size up. Did my first training ride in them as it hasn't been cold enough where I am.

In the Sierra Nevadas though on my ride today plenty of slush got on them, but I stayed warm. The high was 34. Toasty in the new tights.

Any one have any experience with their windstopper jersey/ jackets from them?

Fossil
    Found an hour of time so I hit the trail in the new Nordic Bib Tights. They work well. The way the panels are laid out allows flex around the knees without binding, and even without an ankle strap the bottoms didn't ride up over my socks. With temps in the 30s and light drizzle, I stayed plenty warm (this was my only bottom layer).

Allowing that there is no such thing as perfect, in a perfect world I would probably prefer a slightly tighter fit around the midsection/waist area, but I would not want to go a size down to get that tighter fit. The Windstopper material does its job, and as KB points out it's not as stretchy as the the other material, so it's an understood compromise and never affected my performance (or lack thereof!).

Of course I still can't speak to durability but given the wide, flat seams and premium materials, I have to think durability should be accepable or better. I would not hesitate to recommend these tights to any friend of mine.
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Jul 2006
    I've bought a windstopper too. I'll soon post a comment on how it performes.

mtbr member
    I realize this is an old thread, but does anyone else have experience with KB Cycle Works?

I'm thinking about buying several things from them because of their super low prices
    "Walkin around with my pants off. let yo imaginations flow"

mtbr member
    Its been about a month since I've gotten my jersey from them. It's been a good jersey overall. Too small in the biceps but that's nothing new. The large race cut is a bit bigger than my club race cut large. Really a good product especially for the price

I also ordered the feet warmer, nordic gloves and arm warmers. I've yet to test those out
    "Walkin around with my pants off. let yo imaginations flow"

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Just ordered some Troy Lee Designs Moto shorts from them on eBay for the incredible price of 45$ shipped! Found out later that nigh that their actual site sells them for 5$ less

They retail for 85$ usually. I emailed them and asked if they were genuine Troy Lee Moto shorts and they answered yes. I will be able to say more when I get them as I have a talent for spotting knock-offs. More in a couple weeks!

Fossil
    Now they're $20...
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Members who have read this thread: 0