Iphone for cycle computer?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Iphone for cycle computer?

Hey I saw this cool app on itunes that turns your iphone to a cycle computer with gps, has anyone tried it?

mtbr member
    I use an app called mytracks for gps mapping. not really a cyclecomputer but not sure what is?

mtbr member
    I personally would not trust to have my iphone out with me. As much as I abuse my bike and take large drops, that thing would be broken in two seconds!

Don't be too sure. This made it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

local trails rider
    Just about any smartphone can take an "app" to let you use it for GPS tracking. Android, S60, even iPhone.

I have an older S60 phone with GPS and upload my tracks to http://www.sports-tracker.com
    The GPS on my old phone is not all that great, so track accuracy is only "close enough":
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/work...oqv8ti4i4p7dlc

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Bro Mountainbiker
    i had an otterbox case and sweat on it while riding. The phone broke and Apple wouldnt warranty it because of the sweat. I quit bringing my phone with me for that reason.

Word to the wise
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

local trails rider
    My phone goes with me in a belt pouch, now that the weather is warm. In winter I'll probably put it in a jacket pocket instead. I don't usually need the phone for navigation, so don't feel the need to mount it on stem or bar.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    When I start my ride I use everytrail to track my path. I could have it mounted on my handlebar and watch it spit out speeds that are accurate 98% of the time, but my battery would go dead if I had the screen on for all of that pretty quickly. I tried Endomondo yesterday, but it eats away at the battery more quickly than everytrail and you don't have the option to view a terrain map on the iphone app.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I use MotionX-GPS. Nice app and works well, though I don't use it for navigation; just for checking out my route and stats at the end of the ride. The phone stays in my camelbak while I'm on the bike.

mtbr member
    yup that's what I though to risky to smash mi phone, better a 22 bucks computer.

psycho cyclo addict
    I use CycleMeter on the iPhone 4 (which goes with me on every MTB ride- either inside heavy plastic bag in my cycling jersey or in my Camelback).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I use my Android Phone with a GPS app and my otterbox has taken some hits, but haing the gps to map the trails is awesome.