Integrated Multi-Tool & Bottle Cage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

Integrated Multi-Tool & Bottle Cage

Hi everybody

I'm starting to get some extra gear related to my new MTB, and am focusing on loading essential on-board gear for the bike.

I'm pretty keen on the Topeak Ninja TC bottle cage/Multi Tool storage combo. When looking at the price of $90 (Australian dollars), compared to $60 for the multi tool on it's own (the Mini Pro 20), the bottle cage + the tool storage is $30.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ja-tc-mountain

A thought I'm having is... what if the bottle cage gets broken ? It makes the whole product then useless.

Maybe a better option would be a similar Topeak product, which is the same thing but without a bottle cage (so I can add my own cage as an extra product)

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...nja-t-mountain

What are your thoughts on these products ?

I should add that I already have installed

A portable pump

A under-saddle pouch which carries a tube, levers, brake block and valve adaptor. I can also *just* squeeze in my mobile phone. There is no more room in this pouch to carry a multi tool. And at this stage I am not thinking about going tubeless.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay719 View Post
    Hi everybody

I'm starting to get some extra gear related to my new MTB, and am focusing on loading essential on-board gear for the bike.

I'm pretty keen on the Topeak Ninja TC bottle cage/Multi Tool storage combo. When looking at the price of $90 (Australian dollars), compared to $60 for the multi tool on it's own (the Mini Pro 20), the bottle cage + the tool storage is $30.

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...ja-tc-mountain

A thought I'm having is... what if the bottle cage gets broken ? It makes the whole product then useless.

Maybe a better option would be a similar Topeak product, which is the same thing but without a bottle cage (so I can add my own cage as an extra product)

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/pro...nja-t-mountain

What are your thoughts on these products ?

I should add that I already have installed

A portable pump

A under-saddle pouch which carries a tube, levers, brake block and valve adaptor. I can also *just* squeeze in my mobile phone. There is no more room in this pouch to carry a multi tool. And at this stage I am not thinking about going tubeless.
    That 2nd link you shared is part of the 1st link. You can choose to mount the multitool directly to thw bottle cage, or to the special mount.

Sent from my LIO-N29 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4eva View Post
    That 2nd link you shared is part of the 1st link. You can choose to mount the multitool directly to thw bottle cage, or to the special mount.
    Oh right, so the supplied cage can be slipped off and replaced with a third-party cage if broken ? That's good. There's only a few dollars difference between the two.

Do you own one of these ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay719 View Post
    Oh right, so the supplied cage can be slipped off and replaced with a third-party cage if broken ? That's good. There's only a few dollars difference between the two.

Do you own one of these ?
    I owned the bottle cage + multitool set briefly but sold it off as my bike at that time was unable to accomodate it - the cage mount boss was too close to the seat tube.

Sent from my LIO-N29 using Tapatalk