Imprint Grips - Custom Moldable Lock In Grips on Kickstarter- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Cool-blue Rhythm Imprint Grips - Custom Moldable Lock In Grips on Kickstarter

Has anyone seen these grips on Kickstarter?

Imprint Bicycle Grips - Make Your Mark by TMR Designs — Kickstarter
    Last edited by NoTryOnlyDo; 12-14-2013 at 09:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Looks pretty cool. Getting a set for 18 gbp seems like a pretty good deal too. I'm not sure I want fitted grips though. Dunno, maybe it would be good...

I see it's your first post (I'm all the way up to 7 myself). Are you related to the company in any way...i.e. are you a shill?

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Not liking the mold to your hand idea. Sometimes my "oh shit" death grip changes to a more relaxed stroll through the tulips grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

banned
    Jan 2013
    This seems very similar to a product I use called "Friendly Plastic", if it is then it sets very hard and slick, (hence the diamond mesh to provide some grip) and not what I would want a grip made from.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I've been testing these grips for years now and for the majority of the time they were molded without the mesh. I ride in all conditions (UK wet and mud) and found them to have enough grip without the mesh but using it gives them a better finish with no raised edges. I would not describe them as hard either, lapping Fort William DH on them was fine! If you have doubts I'd recommend trying 1 and you will soon realise how much better they are compared to your standard grips.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesl3ell View Post
    I've been testing these grips for years now and for the majority of the time they were molded without the mesh. I ride in all conditions (UK wet and mud) and found them to have enough grip without the mesh but using it gives them a better finish with no raised edges. I would not describe them as hard either, lapping Fort William DH on them was fine! If you have doubts I'd recommend trying 1 and you will soon realise how much better they are compared to your standard grips.
    So you are related to the company then?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post

Probably. And the OP. It would be nice if they attached a disclaimer, it makes things more transparent.

The Fastest of Bananas
    OP is spamming, first post and all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Yes I know the TMR Designs guys so have been testing the grips for them for free. Just thought I'd comment about the grips as I believe musikron had the wrong idea about the grip material.

mtbr member
    I will commit to purchasing 100 of these, providing you guys will provide support for my kickstart program of an online bike shop. Let me know if you are interested.

banned
    Jan 2013
    So after the grip "sets" is it still slightly pliable or rubbery feeling? How much give does it have if any at all?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yes, I'd guess it's similar to a 70 durometer tyre. I'm not sure if the guys are actively watching this thread so I will ask them if they have a durometer reading if they do not reply soon.

Redcoat

Imprint Grips - Custom Moldable Lock In Grips on Kickstarter

Frankly who gives a [email protected] if the op is spamming. It's a legit idea related to what we are talking about and a great idea. I'm definitely going to be trying a pair of these. They'd be great on a commuter I'd imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Frankly who gives a [email protected] if the op is spamming. It's a legit idea related to what we are talking about and a great idea. I'm definitely going to be trying a pair of these. They'd be great on a commuter I'd imagine.

Well, only issue with the spamming is covered here:

Mtbr Posting Guidelines

in particular point 3.

And also a bit further down it states:

"In addition to #3 above, please do not post Classified Ads/Want Ads/Trade Ads in the message board forum. Please post these in our Classifieds Section. "

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post

Its covered in here;

Mtbr Posting Guidelines

Redcoat

Nee naw nee naw beep beep forum police! Jeez.

I appreciate the rules just saying for small companies like this with a great idea I really don't think we should bust on the balls of the op.

It's not exactly promoting kitchen tiles is it .

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quit crying, that's all you do, ever since you joined, so long ago. Freakin newbs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Hi Everyone,

I want to be make everyone aware that I am one of the co-founders of TMR_Designs and the Imprint Grip.

Thanks for discussing the Imprint Grip here and we really appreciate all your comments/feedback (Good or Bad).

I notice a few concerns about spamming so I am going to keep this short and only address direct questions/concerns.

In relation to the hardness, the Imprint Grip has a Shore A hardness of approximately 40.

DIRTJUNKIE - The Imprint Grip will hopefully do away with the need for your 'Death Grip' because the grips are perfectly moulded to your hand to give you maximum control and comfort.

We have had lots of requests from magazines to put the Imprint Grip through its paces and we are working hard to get some prototypes out ASAP. Hopefully these reviews will also address any concerns that you may have.

If anyone has any other question please email us at*[email protected]

Thanks again for your comments but if you feel the need to remove this thread then that is fine and we fully understand.

Kind Regards,

[email protected] Designs.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by TMR_Designs View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I want to be make everyone aware that I am one of the co-founders of TMR_Designs and the Imprint Grip.

Thanks for discussing the Imprint Grip here and we really appreciate all your comments/feedback (Good or Bad).

I notice a few concerns about spamming so I am going to keep this short and only address direct questions/concerns.

In relation to the hardness, the Imprint Grip has a Shore A hardness of approximately 40.

DIRTJUNKIE - The Imprint Grip will hopefully do away with the need for your 'Death Grip' because the grips are perfectly moulded to your hand to give you maximum control and comfort.

We have had lots of requests from magazines to put the Imprint Grip through its paces and we are working hard to get some prototypes out ASAP. Hopefully these reviews will also address any concerns that you may have.

If anyone has any other question please email us at*[email protected]

Thanks again for your comments but if you feel the need to remove this thread then that is fine and we fully understand.

Kind Regards,

[email protected] Designs.
    that's cool - as long as you answer questions about your product (not produced by shills) we're all good

you can also pop your website address in your sigline....

But please, no promotion of sales and specials on specific products and such

Love,
    CHUM
    Click Here for Forum Rules

banned
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ/floydlippencott View Post
    Quit crying, that's all you do, ever since you joined, so long ago. Freakin newbs.
    This ongoing sock puppetry is awesome while being incredibly transparent.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Masked Avenger View Post
    This ongoing sock puppetry is awesome while being incredibly transparent.

That's funny coming from Pete Fagerlin, King of the Sock Puppets. The troll is strong in this one.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What temperature do they soften at? My bike sits in my car most of the time. I gather in-car temps in sunshine can be around 130 F.

banned
    Jan 2013
    So wait....

In this thread we have 1 post spammers promoting a product that is endorsed by another one post user and a 42 post user (2 socks puppets?). We ALSO have one sock calling out another sock. In addition, i am WEARING socks. So by my count this thread is up to at least a 5 sock count.

BUT.... the real question about the product has not been addressed. Can it be used as a penis mold? Granted, it would be more familiar with my right hand than my left, but i have never had any issues slipping off the end so i feel that would be a great application of this product.

check your six
    I was hesitant to post yesterday because it looked spammy. But, I did go to the link and read about these grips. In my opinion they seem like an excellent idea. I am interested to see/hear some other reviews.

My #1 problem with any grip is they are too small for my hands. I wear a XXL glove and that is usually pretty tight. Is it possible to offer a larger diameter grip using this material? TO have a grip that fills my hand and is formed to it would be a game changer to me.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

banned
    Jan 2013
    So when you wrap your hand around it, you prefer it Girthy?

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    So when you wrap your hand around it, you prefer it Girthy?
    The more girth the better.... Can you imaging "molded girthy"!! I can!
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Redcoat

Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Yes clearly crying oneself to sleep.

Professional Crastinator
    These sound pretty cool.
    I tried the FastCap material, but it was not suited to bicycle use. It was a little bit too hard, and did not look good without a lot of prep because you had to mold it right on the bar.

In any case, I found that it was better if you did not make a really "hard" form on the grip. If you imprint a very hard distinctive shape, it is only good in that exact hand position. If you make a softer shape, with less contour, it is functional (and comfortable) in a wider range of hand shapes/positions. Also, if you want a different texture, imprint it with a glove with a distinctive grip. It'll save you from the heat, too. Looking at these, they may be too small for my hands. I like a chunky, shock-absorbing grip. A fat grip would cost these guys another set of mold tools, though.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.