Ideas for a bikeshop in the garage?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Ideas for a bikeshop in the garage?

I have a one car garage where I currently keep my bike, tools, and spare parts. Everything is a bit of mess right now and I would like to get organized. I do park my car in the garage, so however I organize it, I need to keep things on the wall, or to the sides/back of the garage. I was hoping that you can let me know what your set-up is like so I can get some ideas.

P.S. I use a wall-mounted stand to work on the bike. I have a shelf at the back of the garage that can hold stuff, as well as an overhead shelf from which I can hang things. I don't have much space left on the walls, but I do have a peg-board to hold tools and things.

Cheers.

Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    Ideas for a bikeshop in the garage?
    You need a kegerator. Some drawers to throw tools in.

That's it.

tlg
    (enter witty phrase here)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I have a one car garage where I currently keep my bike, tools, and spare parts. Everything is a bit of mess right now and I would like to get organized. I do park my car in the garage, so however I organize it, I need to keep things on the wall, or to the sides/back of the garage. I was hoping that you can let me know what your set-up is like so I can get some ideas.

P.S. I use a wall-mounted stand to work on the bike. I have a shelf at the back of the garage that can hold stuff, as well as an overhead shelf from which I can hang things. I don't have much space left on the walls, but I do have a peg-board to hold tools and things.

Cheers.
    Nothing beats the orginization of a peg board. One problem with this though, is if you leave your garage door open, people walking or driving by can easily get an inventory of your stuff. Potential robery?

I prefer the pile of stuff on the counter or workstand shelf. I always seem to find what I need quicker this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tlg
    I prefer the pile of stuff on the counter or workstand shelf. I always seem to find what I need quicker this way.
    LOL !!! This method usually works well for me also ..... however, my somewhat-better-half sees things just a little differently...hehheh....a "mess" isn't a mess if it's "a functional mess", and mine functions well that way