Poll: How often do you ride alone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Solo about 90% of the time. I like to ride before work a few times a week and other riders I know cannot do this. Weekends I sometimes ride with a few people.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Lone wolf here. Have little spare time, so I ride when I can ride. Most of the time thatīs when other people canīt ride. I would prefer to ride with one or two buddies mainly for safety reasons. Crashing and getting injured alone is not something you would like to happen (happenned to me once), so I ride much more carefully alone than I would whith company. Also Iīm quite new in the sport so I donīt know many people and very few guys in my town practice enduro riding (90% XC, 9% DH, 1% enduro). The only enduro trail close to home is almost always empty. Then lone wolf is the way to go.

Ugly As F*ck
    Pretty sure I've mentioned this on here before, but I'm ugly and have no friends so I always have to fly solo. Even when I don't want to.

mtbr member
    Daily, every once in a while I'll pick up a riding on longer rides on weekends. My best riding partner just passed away Jan 22 and the first time I get out on a ride we used to do together is going to be a tough one. Looking forward to it and not. I was telling my lbs guy about it and had to walk away not being able to finish the story about Mike. After I composed myself and went back he asked how long we knew each other. We played high school football together and hung out. We have been friends most of our lives and had reconnected through FB about 10 years ago and started riding together about 5 years ago.

mtbr member
    I am solo at least 80 to 90% of my rides. Hey, at least, I like my own company.

I didn't do it
    I prefer solo although I'm OK with one other person. It seems as though when I'm with a group there are too many stops.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Not so much since encountering bears.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    3 kids so just get out when I can, hard to make plans.
    New to riding and have actually never done a group ride before. Having a blast riding solo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I pretty much ride alone. I like it for the most part but I do occasionally enjoy the company of other riders.

mtbr member
    I prefer riding with my best friend but we have different work schedules so lots of solo trips for me. I do slow down a bit when riding solo for safety reasons but still have a blast. Definitely clears the head and leaves me with a smile on my face.

squish, squish in da fish
    my riding is my meditation, so 90% of the time i'm solo. other 10% is with one other person or racing, but that is a different category

mtbr member
    May 2014
    always solo. always know what to expect in the forest. never sure what to expect from people. prefer the forest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12