Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Iíve got your finger.

And some food for thought. The one finger vs two finger technique debate. It also depends on your lever shape. I run Hope brakes with stock levers and if I were to use one finger the shape of the lever as it is pulled in hits my middle finger thatís gripping the bar but with two fingers I have no hinderence of any other finger thatís gripping the bar. Good for me because two finger braking feels much more comfortable and more in control than one finger. I know someoneís going to say the shape of the lever doesnít matter itís about moving the levers inward or outward on the bar to fit your technique which is also true for many shaped levers. But my factory Hope brake levers are shaped more conducive to two finger braking.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Iíve got your finger.

And some food for thought. The one finger vs two finger technique debate. It also depends on your lever shape. I run Hope brakes with stock levers and if I were to use one finger the shape of the lever as it is pulled in hits my middle finger thatís gripping the bar but with two fingers I have no hinderence of any other finger thatís gripping the bar. Good for me because two finger braking feels much more comfortable and more in control than one finger. I know someoneís going to say the shape of the lever doesnít matter itís about moving the levers inward or outward on the bar to fit your technique which is also true for many shaped levers. But my factory Hope brake levers are shaped more conducive to two finger braking.
    Did someone weld your levers to the bar?

Listen, you can say you like to run marathons backwards, but the ability to run backwards for 26.2 miles doesn't mean that running forward isn't more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by richde View Post
    Did someone weld your levers to the bar?

Listen, you can say you like to run marathons backwards, but the ability to run backwards for 26.2 miles doesn't mean that running forward isn't more efficient.
    Did you actually read my post or just pick out what you wanted? You have been very uptight not only in this thread but in a few other ones Iíve noticed. This after all is supposed to be a discussion forum of an audience that all enjoy the same recreational activity among other things in common. Letís try to keep the tactless remarks out of it and treat others as you would like to be treated.

Now, what exactly is your issue with my last post again? Try to read the whole thing and absorb what I was saying before you respond.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    Did you actually read my post or just pick out what you wanted? You have been very uptight not only in this thread but in a few other ones Iíve noticed. This after all is supposed to be a discussion forum of an audience that all enjoy the same recreational activity among other things in common. Letís try to keep the assholish remarks out of it and treat others as you would like to be treated.

Now, what exactly is your issue with my last post again? Try to read the whole thing and absorb what I was saying before you respond.
    I dont wanna cause problems or nufin' but l think he doesnt like you, fight! fight! fight!!

back on topic, I am mostly a 1 finger braker, but on long downhills l switch to 2 fingers eventually, mostly a mix of of brake fade a finger weakness

btw lm working on finger weakness with masturbation
    always mad and usually drunk......

Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    I dont wanna cause problems or nufin' but l think he doesnt like you, fight! fight! fight!!

back on topic, I am mostly a 1 finger braker, but on long downhills l switch to 2 fingers eventually, mostly a mix of of brake fade a finger weakness

btw lm working on finger weakness with masturbation
    Not just me but other threads heís been very defensive towards other members posts. Tension I tell ya, tension.

Keep working on that last part, itíll come in time.

cmg
    itíll come in time.
    I see what you did there

Nutrailer
    After 100 posts this thread is finally worth reading.
    What a perfect waste of time

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Did you actually read my post or just pick out what you wanted? You have been very uptight not only in this thread but in a few other ones Iíve noticed. This after all is supposed to be a discussion forum of an audience that all enjoy the same recreational activity among other things in common. Letís try to keep the tactless remarks out of it and treat others as you would like to be treated.

I did read it. You said your lever hits your finger.

If your lever hits your middle finger move it in on the bar and it will be the proper shape for one finger braking, adjust the reach while you're at it. Problem solved with obvious solution. I think you were aware of that...to think otherwise is insulting.

But you don't want to change because, and this is common here, you decided to plant a flag at some point and say "this is the best, I will never change." Do people actually think that nobody who uses a new part/technique/design has never tried earlier parts/techniques/designs and found the new one superior? We weren't born using this stuff, we just happen to be open minded enough to give new things an honest shot.

I could drop it, or you could drop it. But honestly, I'm interested and entertained by how people will twist around to justify a silly position.

Upcyclist
    In DJ's defense, his brakes were made when V-brakes and two finger braking were still popular, they're designed to be used with two fingers.
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to accept my use of cookies.

I did read it. You said your lever hits your finger.

If your lever hits your middle finger move it in on the bar and it will be the proper shape for one finger braking, adjust the reach while you're at it. Problem solved with obvious solution. I think you were aware of that...to think otherwise is insulting.

But you don't want to change because, and this is common here, you decided to plant a flag at some point and say "this is the best, I will never change." Do people actually think that nobody who uses a new part/technique/design has never tried earlier parts/techniques/designs and found the new one superior? We weren't born using this stuff, we just happen to be open minded enough to give new things an honest shot.

I could drop it, or you could drop it. But honestly, I'm interested and entertained by how people will twist around to justify a silly position.

Itís obvious you didnít read it and absorb it so Iíll bold what you missed.

After bolding what you missed I should have just bolded the whole post.

I never ďplanted a flagĒ so to speak and said ďthis is the bestĒ. Another thing you made up. Go back and read all my posts and you will see I have tried both ways, one finger, two finger. I prefer two finger, thatís all I ever said. I never claimed it to be the best. All riders have different techniques in all aspects of riding. Whoís to say one technique is better than the other. Itís the riders choice. Trying both I still prefer the two finger technique. Maybe because Iím 57 years old and have used the two finger technique from riding dirt bikes from age 8 and beyond. I became used to it. The one finger technique feels foreign ďto meĒ. Why do you insist in arguing with me when Iím not arguing back. Only stating what my experience is and my choice. Your arguing goes far beyond this thread and me. Iíve noticed your anger in other threads to other members who disagree with you.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Itís obvious you didnít read it and absorb it so Iíll bold what you missed.

After bolding what you missed I should have just bolded the whole post.

I never ďplanted a flagĒ so to speak and said ďthis is the bestĒ. Another thing you made up. Go back and read all my posts and you will see I have tried both ways, one finger, two finger. I prefer two finger, thatís all I ever said. I never claimed it to be the best. All riders have different techniques in all aspects of riding. Whoís to say one technique is better than the other. Itís the riders choice. Trying both I still prefer the two finger technique. Maybe because Iím 57 years old and have used the two finger technique from riding dirt bikes from age 8 and beyond. I became used to it. The one finger technique feels foreign ďto meĒ. Why do you insist in arguing with me when Iím not arguing back. Only stating what my experience is and my choice. Your arguing goes far beyond this thread and me. Iíve noticed your anger in other threads to other members who disagree with you.
    "I became used to it. The one finger technique feels foreign ďto meĒ.

That's planting the flag, and not the point of the thread.

Like I said, if you want to run marathons backwards doesn't mean that's it's the most efficient way to do it or a good "how to" suggestion. A whole lot of people have transitioned from two-finger to one and found it superior. You simply do not get the same level of control on the bar and the lever with two fingers on the brake lever and two on the bars. Something nobody has argued against.

Maybe you don't want to improve, many do, and bad advice is counterproductive. Your age has nothing to do with it, nor does riding motorcycles, those are excuses. It's not anger, it's amusement, don't project your feelings on others.

I find riding well enhances the experience, ymmv. Others are happy to wobble around a couple times a month.

Maybe this forum needs a "Get off my lawn" subforum so people have a safe space to enjoy their resistance to change. The first thread could be "At what point did everything new become worthless."

Like I said, if you want to run marathons backwards doesn't mean that's it's the most efficient way to do it or a good "how to" suggestion. A whole lot of people have transitioned from two-finger to one and found it superior. You simply do not get the same level of control on the bar and the lever with two fingers on the brake lever and two on the bars. Something nobody has argued against.

Maybe you don't want to improve, many do, and bad advice is counterproductive. Your age has nothing to do with it, nor does riding motorcycles, those are excuses. It's not anger, it's amusement, don't project your feelings on others.

I find riding well enhances the experience, ymmv. Others are happy to wobble around a couple times a month.

Maybe this forum needs a "Get off my lawn" subforum so people have a safe space to enjoy their resistance to change. The first thread could be "At what point did everything new become worthless."
    Hmmm. . .maybe, all I know is your ugly is showing again.

Cycologist
    On my hydros, I use one finger. But my hardtail has BB7s and they are a bit grabby. I can brake with one finger but by using two, I'm better at feathering them lightly and avoiding a grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    If pulling your brake lever with one finger results in less than awesome braking, you have sub-par brakes or you have them set up in an irrational way. If that suits you (having shitty bike parts and being a moron), go for it! Otherwise, do something about it and stop being defensive when someone points out that you are doing something foolish.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Only on MTBR would people fight over how many fingers to use on a brake lever, dragging in "engineer" credentials to make the point. Get over yourselves.
    I use no fingers on my brakes. It is the only way to be fast. I also don't use a chain. Also the only way to be fast. Chainless and brakeless are the only way to go through life, son.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

In other words, your way is the right way and any other way is wrong. Uhhh...okay...

The longer a ride lasts, particularly one that has a lot of tech and/or DH, the more likely I'll find myself running an extra finger on my rear brake lever.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    I use 1 finger sometimes but usually 2 because I'm a fool. Also I'm comfortable with it. If you disagree you're wrong.
    I brake for stinkbugs

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjohnson View Post
    I use no fingers on my brakes. It is the only way to be fast. I also don't use a chain. Also the only way to be fast. Chainless and brakeless are the only way to go through life, son.
    Trek Emonda | Transition Sentinel | Transition Scout

Bikesexual
    I use 3 anyone got a beef with that?
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Brakes or no brakes I just send it:

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I do! Start a new thread about it though.

Thread winner.

Up In Smoke
    Nope, but youíre riding cleanup

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Hmmm. . .maybe, all I know is your ugly is showing again.
    Projecting again?

The consensus is that X is superior, you like Y.

You can like Y, you can enjoy it all you want, but that does not mean it is better. When you veer into Y is better, you're not only the one arguing, you're making a bad argument. If there were fewer bad arguments, there would be fewer arguments overall.

Nutrailer
    How To Hold Brake Levers On Trail Ride-fingers.jpg
    What a perfect waste of time

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Projecting again?

The consensus is that X is superior, you like Y
    I remember when the consensus was 20" bars and 10" stems were superior.

Some of us had bad arguments that 'Y' was better.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    I remember when the consensus was 20" bars and 10" stems were superior.

Some of us had bad arguments that 'Y' was better.
    The consensus and the evidence, the evidence ultimately being more important. But blanket statements suck and so do arguments based on semantics.

Threaded
    Oh damn the two finger ride of shame.

mtbr member
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

Cycologist
    Anybody else brake with their thumbs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    I'll add:
    Name:  Match.png
Views: 242
Size:  10.1 KB

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I generally use 1 finger, but on rougher trails I sometimes switch to using my face.

Upcyclist
    Adjust your leevers, it's so simple!

By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to accept my use of cookies.

Nutrailer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    But I can't see how many fingers they're using. 🙁

Now remember class, thereís only one way to do things and thatís the correct way. As taught to you by the one that does everything the correct way. Mr. Richd our class president.

Richd, youíve got the floor now.

Bikesexual
    I dunno but I've had a few laughs!
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

jcd's best friend
    It's been a great off-season this year!

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    On my 86 Trek with canti's I use my middle and ring finger while holding the bars with my index and pinky.
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

Threaded

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post
    On my 86 Trek with canti's I use my middle and ring finger while holding the bars with my index and pinky.
    Hmph. I'm just the opposite. \../ \../

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I prefer 2 fingers for the front brake and one finger for the rear.

I only ride like that because I always try making everybody somewhat happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Rider View Post
    I prefer 2 fingers for the front brake and one finger for the rear.

I only ride like that because I always try making everybody somewhat happy.
    It made me somewhat happy until I saw your last sentence.

Trail Rider

The Missile

Trek Fuel EX 9.8
    Trek Checkpoint SL 6

With no gloves.

Trail Rider
    Projecting again?

The consensus is that X is superior, you like Y.

You can like Y, you can enjoy it all you want, but that does not mean it is better. When you veer into Y is better, you're not only the one arguing, you're making a bad argument. If there were fewer bad arguments, there would be fewer arguments overall.
    Gloves are so Y...
    Trek Fuel EX 9.8
    Trek Checkpoint SL 6

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I only wear gloves when it's cold, and that just started this winter season (California winter).

Its weird because on my dirt bike I'm all protected up and it feels so odd throw a leg over when I'm not wearing only one item, chest protector or gloves or knee guard.

On the mountain bike I hurl myself down the chunk in a short sleeve and shorts and feel out of place if I wear something additional.

It's all about what we get used to as our own "normal".

I think I've been riding for 9 years? Maybe almost 10?

I only wear gloves when it's cold, and that just started this winter season (California winter).

Its weird because on my dirt bike I'm all protected up and it feels so odd throw a leg over when I'm not wearing only one item, chest protector or gloves or knee guard.

On the mountain bike I hurl myself down the chunk in a short sleeve and shorts and feel out of place if I wear something additional.

It's all about what we get used to as our own "normal".

I think I've been riding for 9 years? Maybe almost 10?
    I should talk. Iíve wore full gloves in so many sports , MX, stand up jet skiing etc. But for some reason full finger gloves feel strange while on the bike. Iím a half finger glove wearer all the time weather permitting. Some winter rides Iím forced to throw on the full finger, but I hate it. One thing I will say is I have to have gloves on while mtbing.

mtbr member
    You can skid out the best with a coaster brake. How many fingers does a coaster brake use?
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    You can skid out the best with a coaster brake. How many fingers does a coaster brake use?
    Zero, but you do need a two feet. Miss those old brakes.

mtbr member
    I think I could coaster brake one footed back in the day.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    That's it. I'm summoning tealy. This thread needs greater brake lever expertise.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I think I could coaster brake one footed back in the day.

I knew I shouldnít have went with the two foot excuse. Always a glitch found.

And yes I do believe I probably attempted that back in the day via a Schwinn cruiser model as I was getting off to throw a newspaper onto a door step at age 12. Many a freestyle move was thrown into my paper route. Always in a hurry to get back home and hop on my dirt bike, so I could tear up the local trails until dark.

mtbr member
    There are two legitimate reasons why you would brake with two fingers.

One, you're running cantilevers and you need all the power you can get. Two, you're running modern brakes and you're an idiot.

Want to know why one finger braking is king? Grab a broom stick in both hands. Put two fingers out on each hand like you're braking. Get someone to yank the broom stick out of your hands. Hard to hold on right? Now grab the broom stick with both hands again. Put out your index finger on each hand. Get someone to yank the broom stick again. Easy to hold on. You're middle finger is your strongest finger so you want that bad boy wrapped around the bar when you're shredding the gnar.

If you feel like you can't get enough braking power out of one finger, then either you need to ride more to build finger strength, need better brakes, or need your brakes cleaned/adjusted.

However, modern brake levers are STILL designed for idiots who use two finger braking because lord knows why. So even if you move your lever to the proper position for one finger braking, your lever is at a weird angle under your finger which will never feel right. We have yet to see mass adoption of a technically correct lever. (Refer to my avatar.)

In fact, three finger braking (middle, ring, pinky) is even superior to two finger braking because you have a better hold on the bar with just your index and thumb than you do with your pinky, ring, and thumb. And when I was a kid this is how I rode bmx until I picked up an mtb magazine and saw downhillers rocking index finger braking.

People who middle finger brake are like OGs or weirdos. Yeah you can still hold the bar ok but I feel like you've got less motor control with the middle finger braking compared to the index.

But the winners are people who can ride brakeless because that's 100% badass.
    "You can be clipped in and be boring or ride flats and have a good time." - Sam Hill

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by tealy View Post
    There are two legitimate reasons why you would brake with two fingers.

One, you're running cantilevers and you need all the power you can get. Two, you're running modern brakes and you're an idiot.

Want to know why one finger braking is king? Grab a broom stick in both hands. Put two fingers out on each hand like you're braking. Get someone to yank the broom stick out of your hands. Hard to hold on right? Now grab the broom stick with both hands again. Put out your index finger on each hand. Get someone to yank the broom stick again. Easy to hold on. You're middle finger is your strongest finger so you want that bad boy wrapped around the bar when you're shredding the gnar.

If you feel like you can't get enough braking power out of one finger, then either you need to ride more to build finger strength, need better brakes, or need your brakes cleaned/adjusted.

However, modern brake levers are STILL designed for idiots who use two finger braking because lord knows why. So even if you move your lever to the proper position for one finger braking, your lever is at a weird angle under your finger which will never feel right. We have yet to see mass adoption of a technically correct lever. (Refer to my avatar.)

In fact, three finger braking (middle, ring, pinky) is even superior to two finger braking because you have a better hold on the bar with just your index and thumb than you do with your pinky, ring, and thumb. And when I was a kid this is how I rode bmx until I picked up an mtb magazine and saw downhillers rocking index finger braking.

People who middle finger brake are like OGs or weirdos. Yeah you can still hold the bar ok but I feel like you've got less motor control with the middle finger braking compared to the index.

But the winners are people who can ride brakeless because that's 100% badass.
    I've never used two fingers for braking, even with cantis or V's. I've always used just my middle finger. My single speed has V's and it one finger only, even in the wet. They are a bad ass set up though. Altek levers, Avid Black Ops arms and ceramic rims These have more power than my GF's Magura Martas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How To Hold Brake Levers On Trail Ride-img_20190121_155913533.jpg  

How To Hold Brake Levers On Trail Ride-img_20190121_155843087.jpg  

Ripping trails and tipping ales

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    From an "instructor" standpoint, I usually have people grab their grips with all their fingers and tell them to lift the bike by the handlebars. Then remove their index finger and lift... then remove the middle finger and lift... then the ring finger (lifting only with the pinky). Try it yourself.

Modern disk brakes don't require any more than the force from your index finger to stop. If your middle finger is on the bars, you have the absolute most control over your bike handling, using your index finger to modulate the brakes. The reasoning is that the middle finger is the strongest, followed by the index finger.

If you are using your middle finger to brake, you run into three issues - 1) your brake lever usually hits your index finger, 2) your middle finger is actually too strong and will cause your brake feel to be "on/off" instead of modulating (like a dimmer switch), 3) you don't have as much control over your bike, which will lead to arm pump - which will lead to bad form - which will lead to bad riding because you are overly tired. Btw - Missy Giove using her middle finger to brake (in the image above) almost went over the bars during that race run.

Two finger braking is also too much - which leads to excessive "oh shit" moments where you are grabbing the brake too hard. Its just as bad as not covering your brakes at all. Two finger braking is really not necessary on bikes that are 30 years newer, and its an extremely bad habit that needs correcting to progress your riding.
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    I run my lever pointed pretty far downward. Like 60-ish degrees down from horizontal.

I also adjust the reach so the levers are very close to the bar.

I have been going one-fingered pretty much ever since I switched to v's from cantis 20 years ago. I did not realize just how ingrained it was in my brain until I rode with lobster gloves a few weeks ago.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thustlewhumber View Post
    an extremely bad habit that needs correcting to progress your riding.
    lol!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    I wish I knew how many fingers I used while braking.
    A recent picture I had one finger, in older pictures I think I used 2 fingers. Different bikes.

I wish I could get out of my head and remember this thread when I'm bombing a descent. Then I could come back to accurately update this thread.

I think what happens when I'm bombing a hill instead of thinking of this thread is doing what feels natural with my braking efforts.

I wonder why I am one of few here that can't remember what my braking technique is, unlike all you guys.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    The fact that we are debating one vs two fingers is a really good sign.

When I first started trail riding back in the days of cantis, 4 fingers was not uncommon for me. If I had more fingers I would probably have used them.
    15mm is a second-best solution to a problem that was already solved.

One ring to mash them all
    I wonder why I am one of few here that can't remember what my braking technique is, unlike all you guys.
    Probably thinking too hard about your attack position.
    ITMFA

cmg
    left side two fingers, right side one finger ( l need the other finger to control the volume on my bluetooth speaker)

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I know -leave me alone. Just want riding a bike to be comfortable.

Threaded
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Yes!!!
    It's not your bottom bracket

Threaded
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    left side two fingers, right side one finger ( l need the other finger to control the volume on my bluetooth speaker)
    I use a pencil, and a biro for the really techy downhill stuff...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It's not your bottom bracket

No known cure
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post
    From an "instructor" standpoint, I usually have people grab their grips with all their fingers and tell them to lift the bike by the handlebars. Then remove their index finger and lift... then remove the middle finger and lift... then the ring finger (lifting only with the pinky). Try it yourself.

Modern disk brakes don't require any more than the force from your index finger to stop. If your middle finger is on the bars, you have the absolute most control over your bike handling, using your index finger to modulate the brakes. The reasoning is that the middle finger is the strongest, followed by the index finger.

If you are using your middle finger to brake, you run into three issues - 1) your brake lever usually hits your index finger, 2) your middle finger is actually too strong and will cause your brake feel to be "on/off" instead of modulating (like a dimmer switch), 3) you don't have as much control over your bike, which will lead to arm pump - which will lead to bad form - which will lead to bad riding because you are overly tired. Btw - Missy Giove using her middle finger to brake (in the image above) almost went over the bars during that race run.

Two finger braking is also too much - which leads to excessive "oh shit" moments where you are grabbing the brake too hard. Its just as bad as not covering your brakes at all. Two finger braking is really not necessary on bikes that are 30 years newer, and its an extremely bad habit that needs correcting to progress your riding.
    I've been riding and racing since 1985 and I'm not about to change my braking style. It's worked for two state DH titles, numerous podiums and I've never once even thought about my hands coming off the bars. I crave technical riding and it's always worked for me. I've never had a problem with modulation or the lever blade hitting other fingers. At the end of the day, I'm still braking with four fingers wrapped around the bar. It's not something I've ever put much thought into except when building a bike for someone else or instructing. Then I'll always go with the pointer finger.
    Ripping trails and tipping ales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12