How to deal with trolls. *Complete Guide*- Mtbr.com
    That's what she said...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! How to deal with trolls. *Complete Guide*

Its hard these days to enjoy a nice forum as MTBR, without having to deal daily with those trolls.

But now you will have a better day with this guide on how to deal with them.

First, how to identify them :
    1. They smell bad (no offense to CHUM)
    2. They are always online.
    3. They have a bloody taste for red chicklets.
    4. They are always negative, even when its your birthday.
    5. They will never named themselve when confronting someone else.
    6. They're using Vista.
    7. They do not know what SS means.
    8. They are always reading on the beer forum, but drink only poppers.
    9. They have a bad sig.
    10. There post count is set at 27 since 2 years.
    11. They never post on the thread they neg rep'.
    12. They are proud of the "MTB Extreme" decals on the side of their Walmart bikes...

Second, how to deal with them :

1. Do not try to reply to them, that's want they feed on.
    2. Do not try to search for them in the thread. They're not there (too puss y to post anyway).
    3. Don't mind of their neg rep, they have to hit lot more other people before comming back at you again.
    4. Don't pledge against them unless you want to be eaten alive.
    5. Ask your friends to help you out... They are the best ressource available here.
    6. Mods won't do nothing about them, even if you start spaming the whole forum.
    7. A shotgun is sometime the only way to go... But don't forget to double tap the shot, as they are strong bastards...
    8. The second best way to work with is to stop feeding them by ignoring... no food equal certain death out there.
    9. Just close the computer and go ride along with your buddies !

Third, how to make fun of them...

1. You can't make fun of someting that has no soul. (no ginger jokes here pls)

Now that you've learn how to deal with trolls, grab your ride and rip the trail ! Trolls are fat and lazy, so they can't follow you back there.

Now lets watch them crawl around here...
    Anything written above this line is copyrighted and cannot be quoted without written permission of the original owner.

I4NI
    Takes one to know one
    There....Are... Four...Lights!

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by S_Trek View Post
    Takes one to know one
    Lol, lot of researches got me pretty good at dealing with them
    Anything written above this line is copyrighted and cannot be quoted without written permission of the original owner.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ummm...I'm a little confused here.

You repeatedly state that a troll does not post. If a "troll" doesn't post, what makes a troll a troll?

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Ummm...I'm a little confused here.

You repeatedly state that a troll does not post. If a "troll" doesn't post, what makes a troll a troll?
    He simply neg rep others, or crash the party on a funny thread... but never "post" real thing or something valuable to the forum community... and he usually sleep during the day.

But you need to know that they are a lot of them and then they don't need to post often to stay alive... once in a while, they will close the p0rn webpage and try to eat us, but otherwise they are quiet playing xbox live... and trolling on internet vids.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    [QUOTE=RideMe;8251855]He simply neg rep others, or crash the party on a funny thread... but never "post" real thing or something valuable to the forum community... and he usually sleep during the day.

I cant be the only one finding this part of his post funny...Hello pot, have you met kettle?

mtbr member
    How about people who neg rep you just because they disagree with you? Are they trolls? When did this rep system start anyway?

Hissatsu Jitensha-nin
    #6. They're using Vista.

Virus and troll free!

mtbr member
    I think all the trolls read this thread and just left realizing it was already too bad to ruin.

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
    I think all the trolls read this thread and just left realizing it was already too bad to ruin.
    That's the way it work.

They don't attack a group of people.

BTW, this is suppose to be some funny ****, not something to shoot the hell out of it.

Having fun is all that matters here
    Last edited by RideMe; 07-19-2011 at 06:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Ok, I get it bro. Clearly you know the site very well, even though you just signed up this month. You say trolls don't have cool signatures but clearly you have the worst sigs under your name and post. I bet you've been banned from mtbr a minimum of 10 times and to you its a badge of honor. You are the troll! You got me, but that's ok. I think the trolls can be pretty funny sometimes. This guy was the ultimate before the whole internet thing was around:

Bravo, Rideme. You win the Andy Kaufman award of the night. What do I get for figuring you out?

That's what she said...
    Well not 100%...

I know the site well, but never register before. Not a troll.

I got to admit this sig isn't the best, but who can be perfect out there ?

Trolls cannot make a thread about themselves or about other trolls, so not a troll.

Nice try anyway.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMe View Post
    [*]They're using Vista.
    Builds up their rage ^
    08 giant reign x1
    09 mongoose tyax elite
    09 avanti derelikt

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    I got to admit this sig isn't the best, but who can be perfect out there ?
    You don't need a sig. Same thing with the Tapatalk sig. It annoys the crap out of me. "Sent from my iPhone while bikin'." If anything, the standard "Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk" is better. At least it shows you don't even care. Do you realize that most of the guys using Tapatalk have changed their sigs to the former? ****ing hipsters. Moving en masse to something that once was not mainstream. I guess the good thing about that is that the fixie craze is finally dying down, especially right as I'm building up a fixed CX bike. **** yea.

Also, I'll admit freely that:
    A) I converted to singlespeed a few years ago because I was bored with gears, and it seemed like the cool thing to do. I now realize and fully and readily agree that we're the biggest bunch of sorry, nerdy, losers around. We're surpassed only by the Electric Assist Crowd. I'm not even sure if anyone even visits that forum. So that puts us singlespeeders right at the top for "most nerdy." Right where we belong.
    and
    B) I've done my fair share of trolling. Mostly here. Usually just something to stir up the pot again. I don't do negative rep though. If I don't agree with someone, I'll do so on the thread. No need to get weird and private about it.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

mtbr member
    [*]They do not know what SS means.
    My New Holland tractor has SS, great feature, turns on a dime! Not sure what that has to do with MTBR though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    ...Trolls cannot make a thread about themselves or about other trolls, so not a troll...
    Glad you cleared that up. Could you go ahead and list all of the rules for you troll/not troll types. I seem to be missing a few.

That's what she said...
    Glad you cleared that up. Could you go ahead and list all of the rules for you troll/not troll types. I seem to be missing a few.
    Editing a thread tags to insult someone else can be one of them for a troll... just another free way to save their a$$ by not having a direct confrontation with the one chosen.

Making long post about how a thread is boring, taking down this OP and trying to make fun of him is also a rule of trolling.

Bringing fun jokes to stop a thread from going down is not a mark of being trolling.

Accusing someone to be a troll because he made a thread about how a troll can be identify is not a good thing either.

Coming back at the OP for every single thing he wrote on his post to try to annoy or made a fool of him is a sign of trolling.

Harassing new members is also an other sign of trolling.

Asking pertinent questions is something good.

Trying to trap a member by changing the meaning of a quote or by speculating on his behavior is a sign of trolling....

Now there's a lot of others, but I think you got pretty much a global idea.

mtbr member
    I am a big fat hairy troll.
    Finally, I agree with something you said.

banned
    Call me troll....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to deal with trolls. *Complete Guide*-carecup.jpg  

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by RideMe
    I am a big fat hairy troll.
    Finally, I agree with something you said.

If you think that what I post is hurting your feeling about the way you are using the internet, then I'm sorry. But being arrogant and openly aggressive about someone else on a forum and keeping on harassing him for his opinion is not something that should not be tolerated here.

If you are getting that angry about someone that you need to send him insults comments, make fake quote, try to shoot him down with sarcastic comments and bad tags, harassing him until you risk your own reputation for it, then I think its time for you to review your life manners and chill out a little bit.

I'm not insulting you, sending bad comments, making humiliating tags, making fake quotes or even naming you as to be someone who's fit the OP bill...

I think that you should show some respect to me, because I do not think that anything is justifying what you are trying to do against me.

I never disrespected any of you here and I do not know why in the world you should do so.

Regards,

Ride

AZ
    banned
    :d.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fart smeller

If you think that what I post is hurting your feeling about the way you are using the internet, then I'm sorry. But being arrogant and openly aggressive about someone else on a forum and keeping on harassing him for his opinion is not something that should not be tolerated here.

If you are getting that angry about someone that you need to send him insults comments, make fake quote, try to shoot him down with sarcastic comments and bad tags, harassing him until you risk your own reputation for it, then I think its time for you to review your life manners and chill out a little bit.

I'm not insulting you, sending bad comments, making humiliating tags, making fake quotes or even naming you as to be someone who's fit the OP bill...

I think that you should show some respect to me, because I do not think that anything is justifying what you are trying to do against me.

I never disrespected any of you here and I do not know why in the world you should do so.

Regards,

Ride
    No, wait. You're serious?

And you could change that little thingy under your avatar, if you would, please.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention."

Heather Heyer

mtbr member
    I'm a troll. I just suck at it.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    No, wait. You're serious?
    Yes, I'm serious. What you think ? Insulting people over the Internet is your primary right ? That harassing someone is the third thing that is written in the American Constitution ?

Are You serious ?

Retired User
    Yes, I'm serious. What you think ? Insulting people over the Internet is your primary right ? That harassing someone is the third thing that is written in the American Constitution ?

Are You serious ?
    This thread is really fucking stupid. OP, I'd recommend you sell this shit HERE, where someone might actually take you seriously.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wbmason55 View Post
    This thread is really fucking stupid. OP, I'd recommend you sell this shit HERE, where someone might actually take you seriously.

Our noobs for the most part are more intelligent than to buy this load of carp. Please stop feeding the troll.

Stucco Bucket
    troll food

canuck
    man, I swear I recognize the accent in these sentences from somebody in the past... I have seen posts like this before...

hhmm just can't place it ...

Ride me, are you in Texas?

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    It's funny 'cuz it's ironic. It's ironic 'cuz it's funny. I mean, the original post is pretty damn stupid, but the OP's attitude is still pretty damn funny.

This is teh interwebz, dood. If you take everything that everyone says 100% seriously, you're ****ed big time.

mtbr member

Ok, OP, my feelings are not hurt and hopefully your feelings are not hurt. No matter how much thou doth protest, I still know you are full of it. Let's just be friends, huh?

(ps - I'm the more fuzzy kitten)

So, s/he made a thread that was a definite target to get trolled like a mother and gets butt hurt when s/he's trolled? Hahahaha. Thats amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Ok, OP, my feelings are not hurt and hopefully your feelings are not hurt. No matter how much thou doth protest, I still know you are full of it. Let's just be friends, huh?
    (ps - I'm the more fuzzy kitten)
    ...Can we be friends, Scott?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I need a friend too. Somebody neg rep'ed on this thread and my feelings are hurt.

OK...I'm done feeding s/he the not troll.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I'm a troll. I just suck at it.

No no no, I've read alot of your posts and actually, I think your really quite good!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Fear not, I'll Pos Rep you a little sweety! See, you look better already!

I need a friend too. Somebody neg rep'ed on this thread and my feelings are hurt.

OK...I'm done feeding s/he the not troll.

That's what she said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron D View Post
    Ride me, are you in Texas?
    Nope, not in Texas, in MD, but never post here before, only had to read around since a while ago...

And yes Scott, we're cool

Honestly, I can clearly said that I was not expecting anyone here to agree with the OP and not to neg rep me about 10 times by sayin' "troll"

Erick, you are sometimes kinda lame, but you're awesome this way

Now everything has been said.

Happy week everybody

Bro
    Content from my avatar
    Erick, you are sometimes kinda lame, but you're awesome this way

Now everything has been said.

Happy week everybody
    Trollin' the troll who trolled the troll?

I'm just confused as to how anyone, even a troll, would think I was awesome in any way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread.

canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGator View Post
    I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread.
    that deserves a neg rep yo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    So does this lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron D View Post
    that deserves a neg rep yo.