Hey OLN! Where's the cycling in this year's Tour de France?- Mtbr.com
    VTT
    mtbr member

Hey OLN! Where's the cycling in this year's Tour de France?

What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.

Haud yer wheesht!

And...

Quote Originally Posted by VTT
    What has happened to OLN's broadcast of the Tour de France?! Do we get to revel in the excitement of hours of dazzling cycling competition??? NOOOOoooooooo, we get to see a few minutes of cycling during commercials. And on top of that, we get pulled away from our precious few moments of actual racing for some trivial feel-good story. And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot. Alas, we'll just have to wait for the video to enjoy this year's Tour.
    ...don't forget the Tour De France in the 'buy this product' thingie at the bottom of our posts.

fp
    tRump is SCUM.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Well... considering the lack of cycling coverage here in the US... better that than nothing.

Beggars can't be choosers.

Nat
    mtbr member
    The live morning broadcast is best. Just Phil and Paul's familiar voices.

Lucky One
    Jan 2004

Al made the call

And we have to endure Al Trautwig's inane chatter and embarrassing lack of cycling knowledge, to boot.
    Al made the call in the booth. He said it woudl be LA and Basso in the end and the other two acked as if he was crazy.
    The next best thing to playin' and winnin' is playin' and losin'

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Record the live AM coverage. It is the better coverage.
    Also remember what we had 10 years ago: Maybe 15 min of daily highlights (the finish) and a 1 hour weekend show.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Don't touch me!

And I thought I was the only one sick of Trautwig.

His segue's(sp?) are the worst. Bob needs to slap him upside the head and tell him to lay off the cheese. I remember this time last year everyone was complaining about Kirsten Gum. I think its poll time.

Jul 2004
    Gum really needed to have a better good looking / anoyance ratio. She isn't in the booth now thank goodness. Just for the record I think she got breast implants.
    I think it's th highly repeptitive commercial that put me in a bit of a bother. COverage is fine with me.

They say I have a problem
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy©®™
    Record the live AM coverage. It is the better coverage.
    Also remember what we had 10 years ago: Maybe 15 min of daily highlights (the finish) and a 1 hour weekend show.
    Exactly!!!

Been recording the morning broadcast since day one....That way we can fast forward through all the annoying commercials and any other annoying parts...

Rich
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

Am I getting too bulky?

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by rbart4506
    Exactly!!!

Been recording the morning broadcast since day one....That way we can fast forward through all the annoying commercials and any other annoying parts...

Rich
    Ditto. I also record the daily prerace show. I watch the prerace show when I come home for lunch, and the "live" coverage after work. I think it's been terrific coverage. Thank you Tivo!
    I gotta roll, can't stand still, got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Get up early and watch the live broadcast.
    Much better.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Watch or record the live broadcast. Only Phil, Paul & occasionally Frankie.

recovering roadie
    Thank God Frankie's only on occasionally. I'm beginning to think he's retarded. Did anyone catch his butchering of "Domina Vacanze" in yesterday's coverage?

Oh yeah, and those BONE-trager wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Watch or record the live broadcast. Only Phil, Paul & occasionally Frankie.

Toby Wong?
    you're kidding, right? Trautwig is super smooth compared to Bob "Finger-Globe" Roll's stuttering and butchering of the French language. He might not be Phil Ligget, but I'll take him over Roll anyday. "Tour de Frayynce"? Please Bob, stop it!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tappoix
    "Tour de Frayynce"? Please Bob, stop it!
    No, no, you said it wrong. It's "Tour day Frayynce"

mtbr member

it could be worse

You could have Marv Albert --I think that is his name, yknow that cross dresser who covers the Knicks games

or... Where's John Madden...sitting on the side of the Tour with a giant BBQ

Or how bout the "The tour with the Giffords", Frank being caught with some French maid and Kathi lee telling everyone " Cody could beat LA"

Or....ah **** whats her name, the one with the fake face and lips, loud, very loud
    she has a dughter that could be hot, but has her mothers face. I cant
    remember her name now, fake blonde

Or.....what could be worse....anyone else