Hello from Tampa

Printable View

• 06-16-2011
    ZBoater
    Hello from Tampa
    Hi everyone,

My wife and I just traded our Giant Suedes for a couple of GF Treks (Nekko SL for her and X-Caliber for me). Took them out yesterday for the first time, and all I can say is WOW, what a difference. Ive been reading and learning a lot from this site, so thank you everyone!

:thumbsup:
  • 06-19-2011
    ryjack70ss
    Tampa
    Hey,

My fiance and I live in Tampa as well. Moved here a couple of years ago from St. Louis. Bought bikes from Trek store here. I got Trek 6000 which is awesome. I bought her the Trek 3700 Disc for Christmas because not sure if she would ride much. Not an awesome bike but gets the job done. She really likes it and we have been riding at Alafia River State Park at least once a month (I work 2/4 weekends). Welcome to Tampa
  • 06-20-2011
    deputydog2003
    Where else are their good trails in Tampa besides Alafia and Flatwoods?
  • 06-20-2011
    blunderbuss
    Balm Boyette, near Alafia, is great. Also awesome is Loyce Harpe fka Carter Rd in South Lakeland/ Mulberry. Sounds far but takes less driving time than Alafia for most Tampons.
  • 06-21-2011
    A1an
    Croom up near Brooksville is also worth checking out. I'd suggest you go out with SWAMP (www.swampclub.org) on their group ride the first few times at Croom since it is easy to get turned around if unfamiliar. Welcome to Tampa!
  • 06-21-2011
    Pokey_Racer
    +1 for Croom - I think it's my favorite local system even though Wilderness Trail/Flatwoods is closest to me. I just went to Balm Boyette for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and haven't been to Alafia in a few years.

Definitely check out SWAMP Club.
  • 05-14-2014
    deputydog2003
    Hello from Tampa
    Quote:

Originally Posted by A1an View Post
    Croom up near Brooksville is also worth checking out. I'd suggest you go out with SWAMP (www.swampclub.org) on their group ride the first few times at Croom since it is easy to get turned around if unfamiliar. Welcome to Tampa!

Checked out Croom. Now I'm a regular!
  • 05-14-2014
    johnb
    It's a little further away, but also check out Santos, it's worth the drive.
  • 05-14-2014
    deputydog2003
    Quote:

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    It's a little further away, but also check out Santos, it's worth the drive.

It's on my todo list for sure, John!
  • 05-14-2014
    SycoCell121
    Get to Alafia and Balm Boyette. I just moved from Tampa this past month. Best riding places ever! Just be careful, my crew and myself had our cars broken into at Boyette during my last ride there ever....
  • 05-14-2014
    Bruce in SoCal
    Break-ins can happen anywhere. Never leave anything valuable in an unattended car. If you are in a high-risk location, leave the car unlocked with a note saying its unlocked.