Hello from a first time poster- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hello from a first time poster

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking here for a while now but I feel its time I become a little more active on this fine site.

My Name is Dane, I am from Santa Clarita, CA and am current a graduate student at Virginia Tech. I live in VA during school and live back in CA during my breaks.

I have been riding bicycle and dirt bikes all my life. Started with BMX and dirt jumping with friends after school. Always wanted a mountain bike but never had the funds, dirt bikes usually took priority. In 2006 I finally bought my first mtb, a 2006 Cannondale Prophet 600. After having warranty issues with it, Cannondale replaced the frame with a 2009 Moto frame which I built to my liking. Although I am having issues with it as well, but I will post more about that later. I also have a 2010 Diamondback Overdrive 29er that I use as my commuter / trail riding machine while in VA.

I originally got into mtb because living in southern California there are so many great trails around and I cannot ride my dirt bike on many of them. So the mtb allows me to experience these great trails it a different way, as well as give me a great workout. In one year of riding my bike, and eating a little healthier, I managed to lose 55 pounds. I am 6'3" and weighed 240 pounds. I now weigh 185 and contribute most of that to the terrific exercise that riding a mountain bike provides.

I am also an avid wakeboarder and snowboarder.

Anyways not trying to make this too long. Just thought I would introduce myself and say hello.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Welcome. Also, good job on the weight loss. Amazing how excersise is the best diet.....