Which handlebar is this? MTB drop bar, similar to dirt drop, junebug, midge, luxy etc- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Which handlebar is this? MTB drop bar, similar to dirt drop, junebug, midge, luxy etc

I saw a video some time ago that showed a handlebar which seem to have everything I search for, but I can't figure out which maker and model it is... Please help me, forum!

It's longer in the grip than the Midge, just a bulge at the mount unlike the Luxy, softer bends than the Junebug, not flaired as much as the Woodchipper, less drop than a Dirt Drop... and whatever I've looked on it seems to differ at the details and angles.

The logo, if it is a logo and not just a center mark, is very small and unobtrusive:

Which handlebar is this? MTB drop bar, similar to dirt drop, junebug, midge, luxy etc-bar.png

Which handlebar is this? MTB drop bar, similar to dirt drop, junebug, midge, luxy etc-vos_styre3.png

(alt. link imgur.com)

Video:

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It appears to be an unbranded version of the Origin 8 Gary bar.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by esXso View Post
    It appears to be an unbranded version of the Origin 8 Gary bar.

Looking at the shape I would concur. If you do try to purchase one, be aware there are differences in bend, flare, and drop between the Gary I and Gary II....in most cases....

I say most cases because I have owned what measured out as a Gary I marked/etched as a Gary II (also did not accept bar-end shifters, something the Gary I's were known for)...and also had a version marked as a Gary II that seemed to have the flare of the Gary I but the drop of the Gary II (and accepted bar-end shifters like the Gary II is supposed to)...so nothing is certain with what you will get....must be due to different manufacturing runs and/or different sub-release design changes.

Two sites with info on the differences between these bars (and a comparison with other dirt drop bars_)

Two Wheels - Six Strings: Still Obsessing Over Handlebars

Guitar Ted Productions: Off Road Drop Bar Comparison.

Guitar Ted Productions: Origin 8 "Gary" Bar: Update

Guitar Ted Productions: Origin 8 Gary II Bars: Update
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I discovered it's a Satori Beach Classic handlebar, made especially for these Dutch beach racers, hybrid bikes quite similar to monster cross bikes. It's a little more flared than a Gary bar, and have longer grips.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by Naugas View Post
    I discovered it's a Satori Beach Classic handlebar, made especially for these Dutch beach racers, hybrid bikes quite similar to monster cross bikes. It's a little more flared than a Gary bar, and have longer grips.
    It looks like Satori makes several flared drop bars, even ergo models. SATORI - Riding fueled innovation

Good chance their bars come from the same source as the Origin-8 and On-One models.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"