Greetings from the South...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Greetings from the South...

Hello everybody, I'm Lucas from Argentina.
    I'm happy to be part of this awesome forum, and I hope to stay here for a long time

I've been riding MTB for a long time, since I was 10 back in 1991

Photos from the surroundings of San Luis, Argentina (San Luis is the city I actually live) and some photos of San Juan (the place I was born)

Hope you like them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greetings from the South...-11694.jpg  

Greetings from the South...-11696.jpg  

Greetings from the South...-11700.jpg  

Greetings from the South...-dscf5338..jpg  

Greetings from the South...-dsci0308.jpg  

2013 Moots MootoX YBB

the test dummy
    nice bike cool pics
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

www.derbyrims.com
    Welcome! Looks like some great riding there in Argentina too. Is mountain biking very popular in your area, are people building trails for riding?

mtbr member
    Thanks...

MTB is indeed popular in Argentina, especially in San Juan (of course not even close to soccer, car racing, basketball, tennis or field hockey but popular enough)

If you like you can check out these sites:
    www.mtbcuestadelviento.com.ar or www.andesmtb.com , both from San Juan
    Rally Trasmontaña www.rallytrasmontania.com.ar The biggest couples race of Argentina in Tucumán
    Desafío al Valle del Río Pinto www.desafiopinto.com.ar The most popular race with more than 4000 bikers, in Córdoba (photos here --> http://picasaweb.google.com/moraleja...to2010Galeria1)

I'll post more photos, but I don't know if this thread is the right place or I've to open another one in other sub-forum
    2013 Moots MootoX YBB

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Good to hear from you LucasARG. I travel from the US to Argentina on business several times each year and have often wondered how the mountain biking and road biking are there. The majority of my trips have been to the Cordoba region but I was in San Luis for the first time in July of this year. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the hotel where we stayed. It is the one up by the lake, adjacent to the Indy-style race track. While there I was told that one of the biggest road bike races is held each year in San Luis. Have you cycled in the Patagonia region? I understand it is quite nice there.

mtbr member
    stumpbumper you stayed in the Hotel Potrero de los Funes, you can see it and the race track in this photo

Next time you travel to San Luis send me a PM and if you like we can ride together

Saddly I've never cycled (yet) in Patagonia, and yes... it's quite nice... you could say it's wonderfull over there
    Last edited by LucasARG; 01-01-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    2013 Moots MootoX YBB

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Yes, that's the hotel. I recall looking from the window of my room at the mountains across the lake and wondering if there were any good mountain biking trails there. Thanks for sending the nice photo.

I now remember the name of the road bike race that was described to me during my visit. It is called the Tour de San Luis and the 2010 race was held in January.

If ever I am in San Luis again I will most certainly contact you about doing some mountain biking.

Here are a mountain biking photos from my part of the world.

mtbr member
    WAW nice photos!!! and great bike! I only have hardtails... but I'd love to ride a full suspension
    I'm sure you notice than here the weather is drier (Where are you from?)

This photo is a trail just in front the hotel

In January is the next edition of the Tour de San Luis (though I'm not a great fan of road bikes)

by the way Happy New Year
    Last edited by LucasARG; 01-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    2013 Moots MootoX YBB

That’s no moon.
    Welcome, and nice pics! My brother-in-law is from Armstrong Argentina. I hope to visit there one day, don't think there are any mountains around there though...

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for sharing the pictures. I visited southern Chile and Argentina to do some hiking years ago. Unfortunately, it was before I mountain biked so now I need to go back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

mtbr member
    cackalacky Amstrong is in Santa Fe and, as you point, there are NONE mountains around

WickedGood you are welcome any time you want to visit San Juan or San Luis..
    2013 Moots MootoX YBB

Bike to the Bone...
    Lucas, I'm from Mexico. Thanks for posting your pics, I really like Argentina, although I only know Buenos Aires. Great riding!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    How are the trails in Argentina? Are there a lot of accessible trails open to the public? Looks like awesome riding.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Rallyman in San Juan there is no prohibition to ride a bike, being 95% desert. Only you have to be careful not to go alone, bring enough water and minimally meet the course. It goes almost cold, but in summer we got to the 45 ° temperature.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasARG
    stumpbumper you stayed in the Hotel Potrero de los Funes, you can see it and the race track in this photo

Next time you travel to San Luis send me a PM and if you like we can ride together

Saddly I've never cycled (yet) in Patagonia, and yes... it's quite nice... you could say it's wonderfull over there
    What race track is that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    What race track is that?
    it's a semi-permanent circuit called like the place in wich is allocated, "Potrero de los Funes"

FIA GT is the only international race, which visited this track. Also the Argentinian touring car racing series, TC2000 and Turismo Carretera (the oldest car racing series still active in the world) took place here.
    2013 Moots MootoX YBB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasARG
    it's a semi-permanent circuit called like the place in wich is allocated, "Potrero de los Funes"

FIA GT is the only international race, which visited this track. Also the Argentinian touring car racing series, TC2000 and Turismo Carretera (the oldest car racing series still active in the world) took place here.
    As a big racing fan, I think that is very cool!

Members who have read this thread: 0