Googles for Trailriding???- Mtbr.com
    "El Whatever"

Goggles for Trailriding???

Hi all!!

Anyone have/had used goggles for average trailriding??

My riding spots are usually tight singletrack with lots of branches sticking out right at eye height. I use glasses but somehow I cannot avoid to close my eyes when I pass by a branch.

This causes me to go blind at some spots... no incidents, though but it ain't funny. I'd prefer to go full out on the bike instead of having to slow down because of the darn branches.... No way I would quit riding singletracks!

So, I was thinking maybe the increased protection of the goggles would be a nice match.

Have anyone used them for trailriding??
    Do they fit well with a normal helmet and not a full face??

Any feedback is well received (even if it's for telling me I'm mad or simply dumb).

Thanks everyone!
    El Warpo
    Last edited by Warp; 11-22-2005 at 04:40 PM. Reason: My english is not quite good enough...
    Check my Site

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    I use goggles when the trails are very dusty. No issues with fit though I use a Giro Semi which was designed for goggle use as a snowboard helmet. I have used goggles with "regular" XC helmets, too. Just takes a bit to figure out how to position the strap.

But they may not help your problem. Your instinct will still be to close your eyes for protection.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    I use goggles when the trails are very dusty. No issues with fit though I use a Giro Semi which was designed for goggle use as a snowboard helmet. I have used goggles with "regular" XC helmets, too. Just takes a bit to figure out how to position the strap.

But they may not help your problem. Your instinct will still be to close your eyes for protection.
    Thanks Shiggy.... I was thinking I could possibly "fool" my eyes with the bigger protection and work my way down to normal.

Maybe I just have to get brave and get used to it, knowing normal glasses will work just as good.

We have tons of dust here too... nice tip.
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0