Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    PMs have been exchanged. Unfortunately, it's turning nasty weather-wise here. That said, I am going to do my best to at least meet with these gentlemen for a coffee. With any luck I will be able to get out on one of their bikes prior to Canadian Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I have a badly strained MCL. While I am still riding and commuting daily (per the direction of my physio), I am doing so with much greater care.

***off topic alert***

On a side note, LyNx, I just completed another Western Canada bike trip. It made me (again) appreciate how good Calgary is. West Bragg Creek and Moose Mountain each alone have significantly more riding (more diverse, and more trails) than MANY other ENTIRE areas. Some of the stuff off Moose has as much gnar as anyone could possibly want.

https://mmbts.com/trails/

Trail Maps – GBCTA – Volunteer Trails Assoc.

Add to that all of the various sub-regions of Kananaskis Country (Prairieview/Jewell/Razor's Edge/Baldy area, Cox/Jumpingpound area, Powderface area and others), plus Canmore (including the Canmore Nordic Centre), Banff (including Minnewanka and the Tunnel Mountain network) and even Canada Olympic Park if you want some lift assisted stuff, all of which are within an hour of my driveway, and Fernie and Golden, which are both within striking distance (2.5 hours for each) and yeah, Calgary is an incredibly under-rated biking epicentre. And 95% of my daily commute from the extreme west side of Calgary to downtown, is on one of two car-free bike paths (one on each side of the Bow River), with a decent 5 minute twisty downhill dirt blast in the middle that's a great eye opener each morning. Don't overlook the riding in the Calgary area - it's awesome - stay a while. Hang with the Structure Bike gang.

Attachment 1218004

The trailhead for that pic is 35 minutes from my driveway...

***back on topic...***
    It's kind of a perfect place to develop a bike to handle everything a mountain can throw at you.

This is from Mount Baldy, about 50 minutes from Calgary.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'd be there in a heart beat if it didn't take me 2 planes and about 6600 KM to get there But next time I'm heading for Edmonton, the plan is to also head south and west to get in some riding in those areas. Now if by chance you want someplace that's always nice and hot for people to come test a bike, I could probably fit one more into my place, would definitely cause some serious looks on such a small island as Barbados

Quote Originally Posted by StructureBikes View Post
    We want as many people as possible to ride our bikes, but it's kind of like wanting everyone to have an opportunity to drive a Formula 1 car. Our volumes will be low, and ride and build quality have to be perfect, so it will take time to make bikes and opportunity available.

One possibility: We would be happy to license linkage chassis technology to a brand who wants to offer bikes at a mid-market price point, making the advantages (extra stability, 40% less brake dive, amazing bump compliance) available to more riders.

In the meantime, Canmore, Banff, and BC are where we ride, so come on out!
    Thanks for the heads up, research already showed me that there's so much great riding in that general area, was already in the plans. The first year I started mountain biking, just a few months after I visited the Canmore Nordic centre without a clue and just had no gear or anything with me and was just passing through with my Mum and friends and could go ride, that was 14 years ago and haven't gotten back there yet, so way over due for a visit.

......***off topic alert***

On a side note, LyNx, I just completed another Western Canada bike trip. It made me (again) appreciate how good Calgary is. West Bragg Creek and Moose Mountain each alone have significantly more riding (more diverse, and more trails) than MANY other ENTIRE areas. And that is just scratching the surface. Some of the stuff off Moose (and Razor's) has as much gnar as anyone could possibly want.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    ...Thanks for the heads up, research already showed me that there's so much great riding in that general area, was already in the plans...
    That Pinkbike link from yesterday includes about 1% of the riding around here. Maybe less. Hell, I haven't even heard of Blackrock Mountain, which is Part 3 of the article.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/east-o...mountains.html

Anyway, the photography in that article is representative of a lot of the riding around here. I was out with my daughter last night and I stopped and told her to look around for a minute and to take it all in. I am blown away by the beauty that surrounds me on every single ride.

My offer for the beer stands. I am good for it.

Structure Bike guys - snow. Just like I feared. I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Nonetheless, I will be in touch.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    That Pinkbike link from yesterday includes about 1% of the riding around here. Maybe less. Hell, I haven't even heard of Blackrock Mountain, which is Part 3 of the article.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/east-o...mountains.html

Anyway, the photography in that article is representative of a lot of the riding around here. I was out with my daughter last night and I stopped and told her to look around for a minute and to take it all in. I am blown away by the beauty that surrounds me on every single ride.

My offer for the beer stands. I am good for it.

Structure Bike guys - snow. Just like I feared. I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Nonetheless, I will be in touch.
    Turning to rain slowly but surely. 'Tis the season. The weekend looks a bit better, though.

Did I mention the downside to developing product in the Rockies...? Goodbye summer. You will be missed.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by StructureBikes View Post
    Turning to rain slowly but surely. 'Tis the season. The weekend looks a bit better, though.

Did I mention the downside to developing product in the Rockies...? Goodbye summer. You will be missed.

Im on it. Mountain Collective passes in hand. Louise, Sunshine, Kicking Horse and Revy all teed up. Again, what an incredible place to live.

And Utah, Cali and Jackson Hole all on the agenda for a few getaways. Oh yeah...and Whistler.

Wish I could keep biking on dirt year round but when in Rome... Calgary is a great home base.

mtbr member
    I haven't been following motorcycles so this is old news, but the 2018+ Gold Wing has a wishbone front suspension. Just another example...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12