mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Framed Bike company?

Has anyone ever heard of Framed Bikes? I've been looking around but can't find too much info. Are they a reputable company with good quality bikes or more of a Walgoose?

Thinking about getting the Framed Cable 24 for my 4'9 wife as a first decent bike for easy trails

mtbr member
    Yep. They are a small company in Minnesota. Make great quality bikes!!

mtbr member
    But, the cable seems like more of a kids bike. Its not going to have great components on it for that price.

mtbr member
    Very reputable company. The bike frames and in-house components are solid. Otherwise, it's like any other bike....functionality and durability are related to the drive components installed on the bike.

You can either order online or get a custom build over the phone at their sales outlet..The House.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    thanks so much guys! the Cable 24 is definitely a kids bike but it should be ok for a first decent bike. She's still trying to gain more confidence even riding on a paved bike path. In time i'd love to move her to a 26 with hydro disc brakes etc but for now cable discs should do.
    the kona stinky would be awesome but used, people are still asking $1300...my wife would kill me lol

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev711 View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of Framed Bikes? I've been looking around but can't find too much info. Are they a reputable company with good quality bikes or more of a Walgoose?

Thinking about getting the Framed Cable 24 for my 4'9 wife as a first decent bike for easy trails

They are a catalog-bike company, they outsource their frames and parts to overseas manufacturers and sell direct to customers. As far as things like prototyping and manufacture, the "company" doesn't really exist. Quality is the same for the most part as any major manufacturer. Will they be around in 5 years? That's the real question. They seem to have a pretty good thing going with fat bikes, but when there isn't much actually on the ground (race teams, manufacturing, support network, dealers, etc.), that's always a question to consider.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    They are a catalog-bike company, they outsource their frames and parts to overseas manufacturers and sell direct to customers. As far as things like prototyping and manufacture, the "company" doesn't really exist. Quality is the same for the most part as any major manufacturer. Will they be around in 5 years? That's the real question. They seem to have a pretty good thing going with fat bikes, but when there isn't much actually on the ground (race teams, manufacturing, support network, dealers, etc.), that's always a question to consider.
    Their carbon Marquette frame is built in the US.. The alloy frames come from Taiwan.

On Sale Framed Marquette Carbon Bike Frame 2017

Land of the 230+
    I have a buddy with a framed bike, and another with a framed wheelset. The bike has been flawless as far as I know. The wheelset popped a freehub, but they were quick to replace it under warranty. He's also popped hope and a bunch of other freehubs too, so I dont think it means the hubs are junk. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from framed.

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    They make good affordable bikes, my first fatty was a Minn 2.0 and is still being ridden hard.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Thanks for all the replies. I actually went in a different direction and bought my wife a DB Line off of Craig's list for 250. The thing was a year old but literally never used....still had the little rubber bits on the tread

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Framed bikes are scammers. My son had a framed bike stolen last year. We purchased a new one for Christmas. We paid for assembly. Noticed right away he would be too big for it. Paid for a return so he could get a size bigger. Framed gave a partial refund telling us the bike was bent. On a later call it had scratches and had no protective packaging. How does a brand new item unused full of bubble wrap end up with a bent fork , scratches, and no packaging.they then told us they knew it would have a bent fork before it was returned? And why would you give a partial refund if an item came back damaged? So much for repeat customers. Hope they loose their business licence. We will be looking elsewhere for another new bike.

CEO Product Failure
    I know quite a few riders on Framed fatbikes. They've had really positive experiences. Their expectation was the Framed fatty was going to last maybe a season. And then if they liked fat biking, they'd sell the Framed and upgrade to a better fatty. All of them without exception have kept their Framed bikes and ridden them regularly for 3-4 seasons.

I have heard Framed does sell out or run low on inventory.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Got a framed bike for my daughter, great bike for the money. Doubt I would buy my own, but great for its purpose

mtbr member
    My son is 6'5" and 210 lbs. His Minnesota 2.2 has been spared nothing but has stood up without difficulty. He did replace the fork with a Bluto, and did replace the mechanical disk brakes with some SRAM hydraulics (that was an important upgrade IMHO). The only problem he's had has been an out-of-box failure of the original Truvativ square-taper crank, likely due to failure to properly torque the crank arms during The House assembly (which he paid extra for), and the front derailleur fractured and broke off when it was about a year old). Framed addressed the crank set problem by sending him a new crank and bottom bracket, upgrading him to a SRAM GXP. The front derailleur problem he fixed by just just buying a new one (cost about $12 and bought locally).

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bingemtbr View Post
    I know quite a few riders on Framed fatbikes. They've had really positive experiences. Their expectation was the Framed fatty was going to last maybe a season. And then if they liked fat biking, they'd sell the Framed and upgrade to a better fatty. All of them without exception have kept their Framed bikes and ridden them regularly for 3-4 seasons.

I have heard Framed does sell out or run low on inventory.
    I purchased an Alaskan Carbon frame set 3 yrs ago and built it to my liking. Its been a great bike for its intended purpose and I have no need or desire to do a so called "upgrade".
    It's the original design with the swoopy top tube and 26" in wheels but wide enough to run Johnny 5's. I must say that the "new" design with conventional tubing and ability to run 27.5 wheels is very intriguing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I just received a Wolftrax carbon 27.5 and it has performed flawlessly so far. First upgrade was putting studs in the tires (myself) and Iíve been having a blast on the snow and ice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk