flat pedal recommendations?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

flat pedal recommendations?

i am looking for some new pedals to upgrade to. i am undecided between the dmr vault and spank spike pedals. i also hear there is alot of play and squeeking when using spank spike pedals. what flat pedals do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.amazon.com/DMR-DMR-VAULT-...=ILIGF5BTMWIZY

http://www.amazon.com/Spank-Spike-Pl...=IW73GAWCLC2EB
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    I bought these for my son and he loves them. No issues so far and about $50.00 less then the 2 you posted:

Azonic 420 Flat Pedals Black

mtbr member
    May 2012
    2nd on the Azonic Flat 420 pedals.

That being said, you'll likely get a ton of recommendations on which to get. Find a set that are within your budget and give them a shot.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i have straitline pedals and LOVE them. no problems at all, super grippy, and just overall great pedals, in my opinion.

DeFacto Pedals

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Other than objective stuff like weight and materials/durability,

relevant variations in flat pedals are concavity, height(probably a formal term for this, i.e., distance between surface of pedal and center of axle), pins vs. toothed, and texture

I always go with sealed/cartridge bearing pinned bmx pedals such as the odyssey cielencki's super good warranty if you ever need it.

this pic is not cartidge/sealed but other than the end cap they'll look the same.
    Amazon.com: Odyssey Cielincki Pedal, Sealed Bearing 9/16" Magnesium Black: Sports & Outdoors

I would worry about breaking the body of those DMR's on a rock

see me rollin, they hatin
    having a thin profile cuts back on the dreaded "roll over" which then impales your heel on the pins (picture rolling a brick over and over with your foot. the thicker the pedal, the more easy it is to do that).
    for the price, these are just as good as the pricier ones. FORT� Product Reviews and Ratings - Mountain Pedals - Fort� Convert Platform Pedal from Performance Bike

my other spare platforms are the Lo pro Mags by specialized, but i didnt find them any better that the fortes.
    fap

I like mtn biking, too
    I haven't tried them all yet, but Straightline AMP (all mountain pedal) have treated me well. I use them on 2 of my bikes. These are thin and extremely durable. The pins have stayed in for me despite rock strikes where I would have sworn they should have been knocked out. Universalcycles has great selection and OR has no sales tax....
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    These

Fire Eye , Hive

edit- Should add that recommendation wise,i've only had a shot of them once, but loved them and am currently waiting on my own, the blue ones showing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flat pedal recommendations?-fire-eye-hive.jpg  

I scurry away with my hardtail between my legs

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Got a pair of odyssey cielencki like the post above, they are quite heavy, but so much more comfortable than the shimano spds convertables i had with the bike.

What gear are you running
    I am running the Deity Decoy's and LOVE them.

deity Decoy Pedals

mtbr member
    This was started in the DH forum:

http://forums.mtbr.com/downhill-free...at-607155.html

If you can't find a good flat pedal after reading this thread... give up and go clipless.

Members who have read this thread: 0