Epic Stolen in Dallas- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2010

Epic Stolen in Dallas

Please be on the look out for a 2011 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29er, size large, Shimano M770 SPD's, Ignitor front, Crossmark rear, bars chopped to 25 or so inches wide. Stolen sometime in the last week. I have the serial number but don't plan on posting it publicly. Currently waiting for the police to get here to file a report. If you have any information about out it please send it my way.
    Last edited by anotherguy; 06-21-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    AG

When in doubt, lean more. 95% of the time it will solve the problem; the other 5% of the time it'll end the suspense.

mtbr member
    OUCH!!

How did it get stolen, did they break a lock or did you leave it in the garage with the door open?
    "The eyes are the windows into the brain" -Timothy Leary

Made in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    Please be on the look out for a 2011 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 29er, size large, Shimano M770 SPD's, Ignitor front, Crossmark rear, bars chopped to 25 or so inches wide. Stolen sometime in the last week. I have the serial number but don't plan on posting it publicly. Currently waiting for the police to get here to file a report. If you have any information about out it please send it my way.
    Best of luck with that, I hope the police in your area can do something for you. Got my bike stolen early last month, and no word. I hope you have better luck than I did. Bike thieves are %^@$!
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamim View Post
    OUCH!!

How did it get stolen, did they break a lock or did you leave it in the garage with the door open?
    Neither. Pretty sure they opened the garage by pulling up the door.
    AG

When in doubt, lean more. 95% of the time it will solve the problem; the other 5% of the time it'll end the suspense.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Also of note on the bike are an Easton EC90 seat post and a WTB Rocket V SLT.
    AG

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Don't you guys feel like setting up some bikes, lock them up, and wait for some thieves to show up and try to steal it? And then you bust their ass, and get them w/ a permanent felony record for grand theft? This way, it will be hard for them to find a job for the next 7 years or so until they can get the felony record expunge or drop to a misdemeanor.

Best lesson you can teach a criminal...ruin their lives for the next few years when they finally decide to clean up.

Trick the thieves to thinking the guy who's sitting near the bike is not the bike owner and the guy in the bike outfit and helmet is far away in the corner watching TV, reading a book, etc.. How? Guy near bike is in some casual wear w/ his car keys on the table and coffee mug on the table. Everyone who look at him will never expect him to be the bike owner. Lastly, put the bike in granny gear. Just some ideas...

I want to do it one day w/ a bunch of friends, 5-10 guys, w/ small cameras, cells, etc... all video taping and others on bikes and cars to prevent the guy(s) from getting away....VIGILANTE!!!
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron10101; 06-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I like JimmyNeutron10101's idea. Still mad about my Mongoose getting jacked when I was 11. I'm in the DFW area, what color is your Epic? I'll keep a lookout for it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyNeutron10101 View Post
    Don't you guys feel like setting up some bikes, lock them up, and wait for some thieves to show up and try to steal it? And then you bust their ass, and get them w/ a permanent felony record for grand theft? This way, it will be hard for them to find a job for the next 7 years or so until they can get the felony record expunge or drop to a misdemeanor.

Best lesson you can teach a criminal...ruin their lives for the next few years when they finally decide to clean up.

I want to do it one day w/ a bunch of friends, 5-10 guys, w/ small cameras, cells, etc... all video taping and others on bikes and cars to prevent the guy(s) from getting away....VIGILANTE!!!
    I work for a police dept. in addition to the ground units we use gps tracking units on our bait bikes. the purps can run but they cant hide. problem is though like everywhere. manpower. we can only run the stings a few times a month.

good thing the serial number is recorded. you would be surprised how many owners of high dollar bikes never record the serial numbers. that and use a $20. lock on a $2,000. bike.

if a crack head stole the bike most likely it'll turn up in a pawn shop and there's a good chance of getting it back.

however, unfortunately, there is an ever increasing demand for premium bikes (and parts) that are being moved on the street.

my wife *****es because of how anal i am about the security of our house. but then again she leads a sheltered life the little lamb.