Electric Bike- Mtbr.com

Thread: Electric Bike

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Electric Bike

A friend and our IT person asked me the other day about a new bike he was thinking about getting. Kind of surprised me to see some decent parts on this electric bike. He keeps telling me how fast he is going to be. I can't wait for the battery to die at the bottom of a climb!
    Mayo Clinic Phx. Kidney TX 06-20-2019

mtbr member
    Wow
    This just renewed my belief that people are always looking for an easy way out of sweating a bit....

Low speed, High Drag
    I'm gettin' me one of them! No sweating, no hard breathing, no chance of an asthma attack? Sign me up!

more beers, lees gears.
    wow, $5500. Might as well just buy a dirt bike.

Why do people always miss the point of mountain biking. I personally love the climb. I may be swearing, puking and whining at the moment of the climb, but by the end of the ride, im always pretty stoked about how cool the ride was.

I dont think Id be as stoked if I rode the same trail with no pedal effort. In fact, id probably ride less due to sheer boredom.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    Why do people always miss the point of mountain biking. I personally love the climb.
    I hear you on this one. I do not climb very well do to a couple issues. Fat and on a yuppie bike. But I also get into clearing a climb, Guy is a friend of mine, so I'll just shake my head and let his wife deal with his electric bike issues.

Low speed, High Drag
    Tim, let us know when he gets it, so we can all go out and watch him ride it. I'm gonna tell him up front, that if the battery dies, I ain't pushin' it.

more beers, lees gears.
    its probably 40+ lbs.
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

Occidental Tourist
    if yer gonna do it, do it right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

igoslo
    Quote Originally Posted by YuriB
    if yer gonna do it, do it right
    Word.

I'm thinking big dummy.

Perfect for a stokemonkey.

Low speed, High Drag
    I like how the one in Yuri's photo, has to have the rear wheel supported, so it doesn't break that bike stand. Nice.

Feb 2007
    I think a lot of people miss the point, that there's more to mountain biking then just climbing! It seems that a lot of people that can climb well look down on those of us that can't or those of us that shuttle! Some ride for fun, some ride for health, some both. Doesn't matter to me which category anybody falls in, just quit talking sh!t about the category I fall in!

Low speed, High Drag
    What in the hell are you talking about, GETSTUPID? I don't think anybody here, is making fun of people that can't climb, they're making fun of the fact that somebody would buy an electric bike, to ride off-road. What's the point?

I'm one of the slowest climbers on the planet, and have witness' to prove it, but I'd never consider an electric bike to make me a better climber.

mtbr member
    Obviously you have never seen me climb a hill before. Trust me its not a pretty sight! You hear talk about a, b and c class riders. Well I'm a g or h at best.

I'm not really making fun of anyone, that includes my buddy that pointed this out to me. I just found it interesting that this electric bike had some nice parts on it. Also looked to be a legit attempt at a consumer product. But as its been mentioned. I'm not helping him back to the trail head if his battery fails on him. He can ride or walk it home, I'll wait.

Feb 2007
    My comment wasn't directed towards anybody on this thread, apologies if it came across that way. I'm in the same boat as you, I don't even bother even trying to climb anymore, hurts too bad....hopefully the MRI on friday will tell me why, knee woes haha!

Low speed, High Drag
    Sorry, I saw this thread headed towards another DH vs. XC controversy.

Meatpuppet
    Quote Originally Posted by GETSTUPID
    Doesn't matter to me which category anybody falls in, just quit talking sh!t about the category I fall in!

i believe he was making himself the butt of his own joke.

I thought it was funny
    My Third Eye Has A Cataract

Feb 2007
    I'm not talking about just this thread guys damn! I'm talking about in general, I hear it a lot. Hell some guy I met at the top of Eldon had the "if you don't earn your way to the top you don't belong on a bike" attitude. I even said in my op that I can't climb worth a sh!t! But after going back and reading my op, I guess it did sound like I was bein a dick huh. Anyhow, wasn't meant to come off like that.

zul
    Will Guide for Beer

How about that $5500 price tag

I thought I was crazy to have $4000 worth of bikes in my garage, and that's two bikes. How about the legal end? Would it be legal or premissable to ride/drive this thing on trails?
    If lovin you is wrong, I don't wanna be right

It rains here. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by mattKHS
    its probably 40+ lbs.

The one trb2929 references is 57 lbs!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    loupurdie: start your own thread! this thread is like 4 years old!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Great idea.

Members who have read this thread: 0