Easy on - easy off electric kit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Easy on - easy off electric kit

Hi people,
    I love biking and I want to ride my bike to everywhere I want to go.
    I own a mountain bike and i want to use it not only on the mountain but for commuting also. The kits I have seen, until now, are permanently installed on the bike. I want to take the kit off when I am going to the mountain and put it on next mornint when i go to work.
    Is there anythnig like it out there?

I know someone will suggest to buy a second bike for commuting but I cannot have another one in my appartment (the wife will have me sleeping in the stairs!)

Regards,
    George

mtbr member
    I'd suggest getting a small front hub (like a cute) shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to put the whole assembly motor, battery and throttle on an off.

Another option is Friction Drive
    http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...hp?f=4&t=22026

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike
    I'd suggest getting a small front hub (like a cute) shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to put the whole assembly motor, battery and throttle on an off.

Another option is Friction Drive
    http://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...hp?f=4&t=22026
    Thank you for your answer.
    As time goes by and i am looking for all possible solutions, the front wheel is the best and fastest way to do. I have to put a disc brake on it though.

The Friction drive is interesting but not good for off road knobby tyres!
    Also, the friction costs a lot in power consumption. Also there is the parameter of water. If you go over water say goodbye to traction!

Thank you.

mtbr member
    I would also say a front kit is your best bet. You will need a rack or basket for quick battery installation. A front basket would be easiest. Use a thumb throttle or pedal assist sensor and you won't have to deal with a normal throttle being in the way of your standard grip.
    owner, Holmes Bikes

Members who have read this thread: 0