Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Do you wear rings while riding?

Last Friday I took a tumble and braced my fall with my left hand. Right away I knew I hurt my hand and immediately took off my wedding ring. By the end of the ride my hand was swollen and my ring finger looked like a sausage. This is the second time I've fallen and hurt my ring finger (and also why I knew to remove it immediately).

Do people that wear rings take them off before a ride? I have a nice black and blue mark now on my ring finger. Since this the second time this has happened, I'm thinking of no longer wearing my wedding ring while I ride.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    I take mine off every ride now. I have smacked my fingers on trees a few times and have bent my wedding band in the past.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I always take it off and stick it in a particular pocket in my backpack.

Kick Start My Heart
    My wife and I have a long standing agreement that I only take of my wedding band for medical necessity, (an MRI). This may not be safe, and I may take a risk, but for this woman, I take that chance.
    -side note, she really liked a titanium ring and I pushed it off, wondering, ,'will the ER have the tools to cut that off?'

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    It's on for life.

I am not married to my bike. My wedding ring is symbol of the priority in my life.
    So many trails... so little time...

mtbr member
    I once had to pick up a man's finger off the trail because he was wearing his wedding ring and it caught on a brake lever whilst he crashed. The ring stayed with the lever and so did his finger, briefly.

If have also had to do this twice at football (soccer) games for two separate goalies getting wedding rings caught on the net hooks of the goal.

Always take rings, necklaces and other solid jewellery OFF before doing sports!

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    I agree.....all rings go off. What if you dislocate your finger and the swelling makes it impossible to remove ring? Chance are medical staff will saw that metal tourniquet apart.
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

mtbr member
    My job as an electrician is not safe wearing rings. My wife knew this and I don't even have a wedding ring. We used a cheap one for the ceremony but that's it. Don't need a ring to know I love her

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by banditpowdercoat View Post
    My job as an electrician is not safe wearing rings. My wife knew this and I don't even have a wedding ring. We used a cheap one for the ceremony but that's it. Don't need a ring to know I love her

Sent from my iPhone while my Heli plays with the gophers
    Similarly I'm a captain of a fishing boat, I don't typically wear a ring at all. Usually my hands are too mangled and swollen to fit the darn thing and the rest of the year it comes off when I'm on the bike or skiing.

mtbr member
    Nope nope nope. Don't image-search that.

mtbr member
    Biking I'm not too worried since its in a glove, but working around high current sources, rotation machines, or rock climbing it goes on me carabiner key chain. Real don't google the pictures from rock climbing with rings on.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    It's on for life.

I am not married to my bike. My wedding ring is symbol of the priority in my life.
    Zzzzzzzzzz

mtbr member
    Lost my wedding ring a long time ago. But I would take it off for riding if I still had it for all the reasons listed above.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    My wife and I are outdoors most of our life, we spend time hiking, backpacking, trail riding, road riding. We both bought each other Qalo silicone rings this summer. I lost enough weight to where my wedding band fell off one day and I never found it again, so I found these and so far it's worked well.
    The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn't even think to ask

There's always next year.
    Since I ride with gloves 98% of the time, I don't bother taking them off anymore. When I first got married, I did take take off the ring, but now I'm more paranoid about either losing them or having them stolen during the ride.

Wanna Ride Bikes?
    Jun 2014
    I don't take my wedding ring (the only jewelry I own) off when I ride because I wear full finger padded gloves. So far, so good.
    I do take it off every day at work (mechanic) though.
    I've got a buddy who captains a lobster boat, his wedding ring is tattooed on.
    Hold my beer and watch this!

mtbr member
    I don't wear it at work (railway), or while riding, or while just around home doing stuff where it could get caught, damaged or lost.

mtbr member
    For many reasons I started wearing a silicone wedding band about a year ago. All of the injuries mentioned here can be prevented and you can still wear your ring. Mine is a Qalo ring. I've been very happy with it, but I'd say to go a size or half size smaller than your normal size.
    I used to get my ring cutting into my finger during races, but this one feels great. If it gets caught during an unintentional dismount it will just break. If they need to remove it at the hospital I'm only out $20.

mtbr member
    I take my wedding band off for riding and for work (wrenching on bikes). I worked as a commerical electrician for a while and I had to take it off for safety reasons too. if I ride with it on, the skin under my ring gets chewed up and infected. at work, I have to frequently scrub my hands with gritty soap to get old bike grunge off my hands, and that stuff scratches the daylight out of my ring. I keep my keys on a small caribiner in my pocket, so i just hook my ring on that while working and leave it in a safe place at home while riding.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Brisk Eddie View Post
    I've got a buddy who captains a lobster boat, his wedding ring is tattooed on.
    Lol, great idea!

mtbr member
    If you or your spouse are worried about what might happen when/if you take your ring off to avoid infections or ripping your finger off your hand, you have some deep issues in your marriage.

mtbr member
    Off for any kind of sport ^^

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ô
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Here's a picture of me with my rings which I never take off, but I ride XC.

Name:  Flavor-Flav-facing-restaurant-eviction-black-enterprise.jpg
Views: 1304
Size:  109.7 KB

mtbr member
    You've let yourself go a bit o_0

Do you wear rings while riding?-uploadfromtaptalk1441683402889.jpg

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad ô

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    I once had to pick up a man's finger off the trail because he was wearing his wedding ring and it caught on a brake lever whilst he crashed. The ring stayed with the lever and so did his finger, briefly.

If have also had to do this twice at football (soccer) games for two separate goalies getting wedding rings caught on the net hooks of the goal.

Always take rings, necklaces and other solid jewellery OFF before doing sports!
    Words of advice ladies and gentlemen straight from a first responder.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Nope. I've seen enough people get their fingers degloved to know better. It's pretty gruesome to say the least.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I never take my ring off and I've had it on for a long time. Never had a problem. I also always
    wear gloves when I ride and that keeps it from getting caught on anything.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I take it off to ride road bikes.

I don't want them to know I'm married.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Mine stays on.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    I ride with full finger gloves, but I still take my ring off.

While I respect the people who say, "stays on for life," I have to say that my marriage is more than just a piece of metal. If I take it off, we are still partners for life.

I would say I wear my ring about 90% of the time. Fitness being the majority of that 10% where I don't wear it. Swimming, cycling, running, mountain biking, weight work; I don't want to worry about if my ring is still on. (It is fairly loose now since I have lost about 40lbs since we got married.)

While the safety factor of having a rigid structure attached to a "soft" structure in a crash is certainly a valid concern, I guess it never really crossed my mind. I do wear a RoadID braclet to help paramedics if I do take a header!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I keep my ring on at all times, never know when I need my trusty bottle opener.

My arm hurts a little
    I always take my ring off. Feels like i still have it on in my glove though.

But only reason is a read a story where a guy crashed and his ring bent into his finger and made a perfect circle cut on his skin. Peeled the skin right off his finger.

Pretty much de-fleshed his ring finger.

Yah f-that!
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    I don't wear rings, period.

mtbr member
    In 20-some years or riding and racing, I've not once given it thought until this thread, nor have I had to.

Given my track record, I will continue to wear it in all events biking.
    You can't get a suntan on the moon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    In 20-some years or riding and racing, I've not once given it thought until this thread, nor have I had to.

Given my track record, I will continue to wear it in all events biking.
    Same here, i dont get the fear of ring injuries. Considering the trails and risks we all take while riding, my ring finger is the least of my worries.

9 lives
    I wear my ring and full fingered gloves... remained that way since I took up mtb and got married

My hubby is the same ... wears his ring and gloves.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    My ring never comes off also, it's Ti so it doesn't bend at all nor is it "stuck" on my finger.. slips right off.
    Like many here I have crashed many times and I never thought of my ring being an issue nor has it so I'll prolly just keep on RIDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've only been married 2 years so I thought I would get used to riding with my ring on. Lately I've keep putting this deep cut in my ring finger on abrupt hits while biking. So no wedding ring while riding any more.
    Vermonter - bikes, beers and skis.

mtbr member

Do you wear rings while riding?

I have happily worn my ring for the past 8 ears. But after last years "accident" @ work. I am really considering getting it tattooed. Just need the wife to find something she likes.

Do you wear rings while riding?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1441737624.814284.jpg

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky
    Last edited by 2Canches; 09-08-2015 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Took a pic

mtbr member
    Injuries do happen ^^ use to ball back in the day and a guy I played with told me the most horrific story... of a teacher who was in a pick up game... he hadn't taken his ring off, he went up to the rim and his ring got caught on the hoop (net hook)... stripped all the flesh off of that finger!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    'GET OFF MY LAWN!! YA DIRTY HIPPIE!!'

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Gloves aren't necessarily going to prevent the sort of injury that will be made more dangerous by wearing a ring. The most obvious scenario is slamming your hand against something causing swelling or broken fingers, gloves won't help you here, but rings could potentially make the situation way worse.

"It hasn't happened yet so I'm not worried about it." is also a flawed line of thinking in this case IMO.

mtbr member
    I had one until it had to be cut off. Slid out on the first switchback down from the rock on SJT, dislocated my ring finger. Pulled real hard, couldn't straighten the finger so I had a trip to the ER. I cut the ring off at home before going, due to swelling. Haven't wanted a ring since.

Ride More, Work Less
    I've been happily married for 18 years, but I haven't worn my wedding ring for over a decade, but when I did, I would take it off for most physical activities, particularly those that involved long duration where natural changes in hydration and swelling could occur. I stopped wearing it because I had a near miss with a swollen finger. That's scary if you haven't experienced. I respect the symbolism of the ring, but the ring doesn't make a marriage successful. Compromise does.

mtbr member
    ^^^^^^^

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

mtbr member
    I only put my wedding ring ON for special occasions.

I dislike jewellery of any kind, find it annoying and it is a hazard. Even as a kid I remember my coke bottle necklace swinging up and smacking me in the teeth. And in my teens my girlfriend's earring ripping my nose.

I remember my mother in tears while my dad cut off her stuck wedding ring with a hacksaw. If you watch Ewan Mc Gregor's 'Long Way Round' you'll see the blood dripping from his finger as he works on his bike with his wedding ring on.

Rings are an unnecessary risk. I'll never wear one while doing any kind of manual/physical activity. The tattoo is a good idea though.

mtbr member
    The Ring comes off for all athletic endeavors. I lost my first one when I took my glove off snowboarding and didn't notice it was gone until I was back at the lodge.

mtbr member
    I have had rings lost, stolen or left behind when I used to take my ring off for anything athletic. Now it never comes off. My wife was getting suspicious.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DenVen1 View Post
    Now it never comes off. My wife was getting suspicious.
    If you were going to have an affair I hardly think that a small metal ring is going to stop you.

mtbr member
    After 20 years of very traditional gold band for me and gold ring with set stone for her we went with $10 thin tungsten rings from Amazon. I think 2mm wide. Matching...
    We both love them. Looked at titanium, which gave more of a traditional look of silver rather than gold, but most Ti scratches so easily.
    These things take whatever and look like they day they showed up in the mail in a cheap bubble pack!
    For the most part the gold now just stays in the jewelry box.

Cutting tungsten isn't easy, and I have regular finger sprains and worse but really like to have my ring with me.

Solution is to take my ring off and thread it onto the band of my cheapo light weight plastic casio watch that I use for riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pig View Post
    If you were going to have an affair I hardly think that a small metal ring is going to stop you.
    It's not you it stops. It's the woman you're hitting on.
    "Lock S-Foils in attack position"

All fat, all the time.
    Ring off for riding or any other sport where it could be a danger(cold lakes anyone? bye bye ring...always a good laugh to watch while floating).
    Same with watches (haven't worn one in years) or other jewelry.

The persons actions mean more than "keeping the ring on all the time" but whatever floats your boat

RAKC
    I have never been able to wear mine while riding and at work either. So it's been special occasions only.

Till my wife found www.qalo.com. Got me an orange one, can wear it all the time including riding. No discomfort or anything. Can wear it at work too. So it gets worn most of the time, my actual tungsten carbide wedding band is only worn for special occasions.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogueldr View Post
    Voice of experience?

Besides, if you were the kind of guy who would cheat I'm sure you would have no problem leaving the house with the ring and making it disappear before you got to your chat-up venue.

Land of the 230+
    I wear my ring like I wear my watch. Its on for work or when I'm out, but usually off at home, when playing guitar, at the gym or when riding. Thanks to the beauty of social phobia, the wife has no concerns about me picking up random women.

mtbr member
    I get the wanting to keep it on as a sign of respect and commitment -- I used to religiously keep mine on. I take mine off mostly for long rides as it really wears a callas into the palm of my hand. Out of habit I still sometimes leave it on even when I should take it off, like when working on my car for example, just because I don't really think about it being there until it gets in my way and I'm reminded.

But, I see no issue at all with taking it off when safety warrants it. Think of it as preserving the ring or preventing damage to it and you. I'm sure your wife would rather you be whole and without injury. If not, then you married the wrong woman.

ben

MoJo Moto
    Been maried close to 25 years... haven't worn a ring in close to 25 years..

I like to wrench...ring would gert caught on stuff..ouch.

Then there is Jimmy Falon..... his hand is wrapped up, ring got him.
    Ride Hard or Ride Home Alone.

Ride More, Work Less
    Good grief...I'm feeling sick.

Jimmy Fallon => google Jimmy's segment where he talks about this injury => "Ring Avulsion" => googling against his warning => sick => campaign to stop the world from wearing rings

Okay, maybe I'm being over dramatic, but definitely do not google Ring Avulsion.

Ride More, Work Less
    Seriously, do not google it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    As an EMT, I'll give you some reasons why wearing any type of jewelry during an action sport is a no-no.

1. Increasing heart rate while wearing jewelry can cause minor blood flow issues
    2. Jewelry likes to get snagged on things. At high speeds, firmly secured jewelry that gets caught on a branch, brake lever, hits a rock, etc. can break bones, tear muscle, and in extreme cases, dislocate or even remove the extremity completely
    3. You're participating in an inherently dangerous sport. adding extra objects to the body that are not there purely for safety increase the risk of injury.
    4. I once had a friend who got his bracelet caught on a short tree branch. His arm was so dislocated that they had to take him immediately in to surgery.

It's just simply not worth it. Take it off. As bad as this is to say, you only get 1 body. You can get another wife, if need be.

Land of the 230+
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwcold55 View Post
    As bad as this is to say, you only get 1 body. You can get another wife, if need be.
    Please note; you are cautioned NOT to use this exact statement in your argument.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitsBoy View Post
    Please note; you are cautioned NOT to use this exact statement in your argument.
    There will be yelling, tears, and very likely a broken bike.

Cholla magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueldr View Post
    My dad (a mechanical engineer) laid this on me after his divorce:

Engineers have yet to design a ring that can plug a hole.

(As an aside, ring comes off for rock climbing, stays on for everything else)

mtbr member
    I wear a qualo ring also! Love it!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TRANCER
    I wear all my rings when i ride

Name:  face_ache.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  35.3 KB
    Ride

> /dev/null 2&>1
    I used to wear my Lord of the Rings Sauron ring, which was good for poaching trails. Because I was invisible. But it became too much of a burden.

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by Procter View Post
    I used to wear my Lord of the Rings Sauron ring, which was good for poaching trails. Because I was invisible. But it became too much of a burden.
    Did the skeleton dudes on black horses come after you when you wore it?
    Ride

mtbr member
    There is one ring always on deck... sometimes it's a little taught if the trail is particularly gnarly ;-P

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    'GET OFF MY LAWN!! YA DIRTY HIPPIE!!'

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I guess no more Camelbaks because we could hang our self.

Fat-tired Roadie
    No, camelbaks are okay because they're more likely to save your spine than strangle you.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    It's on for life.

Symbology is great and all, but it's only been half a century since the female version of love and devotion (the diamond ring), was promoted and became a staple of every wedding expenditure list.

I'm not married to my bike, OR my wedding ring. Both are things fashioned by man that have zero bearing on being a good husband. My ring does nothing more than signal to women that are not my wife that I am not available. My ring does not assure my wife that I am devoted to her. My actions are responsible for that.

I'm more inclined to feel attached to my bike over my ring. I interact with my bike a thousand fold more than with my ring. The ring just sits there day in and day out, occasionally receiving a cleaning and polishing, but nothing else. I work on my bike, clean it, tweak it, update it, improve it, and use it to bring happiness and joy into my life and the life of others. My ring only brings two tan lines and some sweaty skin into my life. My wife is much more exciting to be with than my ring, so she gets first dibs on everything, while the ring must take the back seat.

Incidentally, my ring is an imposter. It's not the ring I married. The ring I married abandoned us both on a romantic beach. I can't say either of us felt a loss other than financial.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I take it off and leave it at home whenever I do sports. Wife does the same (judoka), so no problem there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Wedding ring is on. Finger will swell up and makes it hard to take off at work.

Rabid Lana fan
    I wear mine, but then, I also wear knee pads, too.

I guess I'm a walking study in hypocrisy!
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigflamingtaco View Post
    My ring does nothing more than signal to women that are not my wife that I am not available.
    So what's going to happen if you forget it one day. End up in bed with the first woman you pass on the street? Have hardly worn my wedding ring in over twenty years and, by some weird fluke, have managed to stay faithful.

Cholla magnet
    So what's going to happen if you forget it one day. End up in bed with the first woman you pass on the street? Have hardly worn my wedding ring in over twenty years and, by some weird fluke, have managed to stay faithful.
    I think his point was that it would keep other women from trying to take his sweaty, jersey tanned, bike riding self into the woods for a cuddle. Having the ring on saves him the time and potential embarrassment of having to explain to this forest nymph that he's not interested. For him it's more of a time saver than anything else.

Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it...

> /dev/null 2&>1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biohazard74 View Post
    Did the skeleton dudes on black horses come after you when you wore it?
    Yes, crazy. What was that all about. I jumped in a bog and hid. I guess the equestrians are extremely aggressive, these days.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmonkEP View Post
    I think his point was that it would keep other women from trying to take his sweaty, jersey tanned, bike riding self into the woods for a cuddle.
    Yeah, falling at my feet they are. Two of the poor souls tried to drag me off my bike just the other day. I was yelling 'Stop, stop, I'm, married' but they pointed to my left hand and refused to beleive me. In the end I had to shoot one of them. Kinda messy but I was going to be late for my dinner.

Rabid Lana fan
    So you went with murder over infidelity?

Village Idiot
    Yeah, falling at my feet they are. Two of the poor souls tried to drag me off my bike just the other day. I was yelling 'Stop, stop, I'm, married' but they pointed to my left hand and refused to beleive me. In the end I had to shoot one of them. Kinda messy but I was going to be late for my dinner.
    Harsh.

mtbr member
    I'm more inclined to feel attached to my bike over my ring. I interact with my bike a thousand fold more than with my ring. The ring just sits there day in and day out, occasionally receiving a cleaning and polishing, but nothing else.
    :chortle:

He said ring ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------
    'Yes! I'm an opinionated Mofo... Next question'.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    So you went with murder over infidelity?
    Had they been better looking it might have been a tougher call.

mtbr member
    I wear a Saferingz silicone ring when I am riding or doing work that involves electrical current or something where my finger could get caught on something. I will wear my good one other times. Super cheap, and I still get to wear a ring while working and riding!

Rabid Lana fan
    Had they been better looking it might have been a tougher call.
    Hey, who hasn't buried a hooker in the desert from time to time, right?

Flat Pluto Society
    Symbology is great and all, but it's only been half a century since the female version of love and devotion (the diamond ring), was promoted and became a staple of every wedding expenditure list.

I'm not married to my bike, OR my wedding ring. Both are things fashioned by man that have zero bearing on being a good husband. My ring does nothing more than signal to women that are not my wife that I am not available. My ring does not assure my wife that I am devoted to her. My actions are responsible for that.

I'm more inclined to feel attached to my bike over my ring. I interact with my bike a thousand fold more than with my ring. The ring just sits there day in and day out, occasionally receiving a cleaning and polishing, but nothing else. I work on my bike, clean it, tweak it, update it, improve it, and use it to bring happiness and joy into my life and the life of others. My ring only brings two tan lines and some sweaty skin into my life. My wife is much more exciting to be with than my ring, so she gets first dibs on everything, while the ring must take the back seat.

Incidentally, my ring is an imposter. It's not the ring I married. The ring I married abandoned us both on a romantic beach. I can't say either of us felt a loss other than financial.
    Pretty much what I said.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker View Post
    Hey, who hasn't buried a hooker in the desert from time to time, right?
    Like I say, hookers offer to pay me! Hansom pig I am, although my pecker is very small...

All fat, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrwSwitch View Post
    No, camelbaks are okay because they're more likely to save your spine than strangle you.
    That is true more times than once for me.
    OTB twice in Pisgah (pilot rock switchbacks) landed on my backpack/bladder instead of sharp rocks. Another time OTB high speed upside down stopped by a large cut log. Smashed my cell phone that was in the upper pocket, just a few inches from my neck.
    yikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I think if you ride where there are a lot of trees its better to wear
    a ring. The ring could protect your finger from getting smashed by
    a tree.

WillWorkForTrail
    No rings. My wedding band is a tattoo.

Village Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    a tree.
    Sarcasm, I assume.

mtbr member
    Yes, it's normal for the rings to wear while riding, along with the chain.

Hope this helps...

Upcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Actually these rings can complement any outfit, no matter the occasion. I got los of compliments regularly
    Will they compliment my latex bondage suit? How can you even see a ring thru the gloves?
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to accept my use of cookies.

Always in the wrong gear
    Holy thread necro. 3 years old? Nice.

I wear a QALO (or similar brand) silicone ring pretty much full time due to my job, I only wear a real ring if itís a Ďfancyí event where a gold band is expected.
    Silicone rings are cheap and comfortable.
    I have like 3 of them, a black one, a grey one and an orange one.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

In dog years, I'm dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    a tree.
    Yeah, I once bashed my left hand between a tree & the handle-bar. Wedding ring on under a glove. I was surprised that it didn't hurt, but I also use cushy Ergo grips. When I got back to the car & took the gloves off, I was surprised to see the ring crimped into an oval. Still didn't hurt, but was quite tight. At home I used a vise to make it circular again & was able to get it off, but cracked the gold in the process. Repaired by the local jeweler & I still wear it, including riding (I may rethink that after reading this thread).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    Holy thread necro. 3 years old? Nice.

I wear a QALO (or similar brand) silicone ring pretty much full time due to my job, I only wear a real ring if itís a Ďfancyí event where a gold band is expected.
    Silicone rings are cheap and comfortable.
    I have like 3 of them, a black one, a grey one and an orange one.
    I recently trained a women at my work. A newby and a couple of the other women commented on her wedding band. I didnít know until I commented on it. I thought it was titanium but it was silicone. When I found out it was silicone I lit up and thought it was a great idea. She lives and grew up on a farm and any ring around any machinery is not wise. After I commented how awesome I thought it was that she wore such a piece for practical reasons. She told me a couple women there already commented and thought it was a cheap way out for her husband. She told me that she has a high dollar ring for fancy occasions but purposely said nothing of the sort to the gold digger women who inquired. Biches!
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    I donít mountain bike or spin with my wedding band. I donít think the ring finger is safe in a crash with the band on it, and in the gym I donít like the distraction of feeling it once I get sweaty and have a pounding heart beat.

Otherwise itís on, except when I go to sleep. Itís distracting then, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    3 year-old thread, but what the hell. It comes off when I ride and when I go to the bar.

Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

Trail Gnome
    Anyone ever rip a nipple ring out during a crash? Luckily I havenít but, my buddy did in a MX crash at Sac raceway...years ago. That was an ugly site

jcd's best friend
    I wear my ring so the other bikes on the trail know Iím taken. I swear a Yeti grabbed my ass once when I rode past it on the trail. Another unknown bike tried to spike my drink with Shimano mineral oil too.

Trek Emonda | Transition Sentinel

One ring to mash them all
    I dislocated my right ring finger in a crash. Intermediate phalanx went up and over the proximal. Had to reset it on the trail and almost barfed from the pain. Of course it swelled up to the size of a sweet potato before I got back to the car. Really lucky I didn't have a ring on that finger.
    ITMFA

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    I wear my ring so the other bikes on the trail know Iím taken. I swear a Yeti grabbed my ass once when I rode past it on the trail. Another unknown bike tried to spike my drink with Shimano mineral oil too.

Pfffft... Ride a Schwinn and no one will look twice. Ask me how I know.

At least I think it's because my bike is a Schwinn.
    Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast