Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I recently trained a women at my work. A newby and a couple of the other women commented on her wedding band. I didnít know until I commented on it. I thought it was titanium but it was silicone. When I found out it was silicone I lit up and thought it was a great idea. She lives and grew up on a farm and any ring around any machinery is not wise. After I commented how awesome I thought it was that she wore such a piece for practical reasons. She told me a couple women there already commented and thought it was a cheap way out for her husband. She told me that she has a high dollar ring for fancy occasions but purposely said nothing of the sort to the gold digger women who inquired. Biches!
    My wife and I wore silicon rings for a while. For the most part we don't wear rings anymore. If you need a ring on your finger to remind you to love your spouse divorce is probably the best course of action.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    I broke my original gold ring several times over the course of 25 years. Primarily, from opening beer bottles (sort of a parlor trick). For our 25th anniversary, my wife got me a Tungsten replacement ring. Now I can open all the bottles I want and there is nary a scratch on it.

I think some of you are thinking tungsten, not titanium. Titanium is light but not super hard and durable like tungsten.
    Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Most of my rides are pretty casual, just quick spins around an easy local trail to let the dog run. I don't take my ring off then, and usually forget to take my dive style watch off.

When I'm going out for longer rides (and certainly if I'm going to ride DH) I remove my ring for the reasons mentioned here. I'm not worried about it snagging as I wear gloves, but I am worried about hurting my finger and having it impede the swelling and needing to be cut off.

All fat, all the time.
    It's good to wear rings when bumping old dead threads.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    When I was married, I was a dirt bike rider. I didn't wear my ring on dirt bike days. I left it at home (not in a backpack or vehicle or....).

I ride dirt bike far less than a bicycle. I'd probably wear a ring when road biking but I can't honestly say if I would wear it mountain biking.
    I see breaking a finger and not able to get the ring off but I can't see the ring causing a problem.

My brother, in high school, jumped up to grab the underside of an I-Beam. Something happened where the ring ended up cutting into his finger (very bad injury). He ended up with stitches and a cut off ring.
    My dad was a factory worker when I grew up. He taught us early not to wear loose clothing, or jewelry around machinery. He has all his digits but coworkers have been injured. So it isn't too uncommon for me to accept not wearing a wedding band giving certain situations.
    I always removed the ring during home improvement projects too.
    I could feel the ring 'catching' on a grip on my dirt bike and pulling into my finger. I'm sure it would be similar on a bicycle but nothing more than an annoyance, really.

I'd probably talk to the wife to see how she felt about not wearing a ring on a ride. If she was absolutely against it I'd suggest giving it a try (wearing it) but if it felt like a bad thing we would agree to not wear it. (easier said than done since I do not have a wife). My ex wore a small rung, usually a thumb ring. Never seemed to bother her while riding. But that isn't quite the same as a wedding band.

Rides all the bikes!
    No jewelry. I used to be a ships mechanic in the military, jewelry is bad news, and frowned upon. My ex was also a military mechanic when we met. But...we got tattoos for symbolism instead.

On the other hand..tattoos are harder to remove after the divorce

(19 years of my life, I don't feel shame in having the tats, always will be an important aspect of my life).

mtbr member
    I wear rings on my fingers and they have yet to catch on to anything, but I do wear gloves.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Magically Delicious
    Do you wear rings while riding?-wedding-ring-ii.jpg
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wedding Ring II.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	1230154
    Oh. God.

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    That'll buff out.
    Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    That'll buff out.
    Lol
    I needed that after throwing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Magically Delicious
    Just a flesh wound.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Rub some dirt on it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Did Sauron took off his ring?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I dont wear mine period, only wear it for events or dinners i dress up for.

Its ceramic carbide so it ****s stuff up and they cant cut it if i smash my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

slow
    I have worn my wedding ring constantly since getting married nearly 28 years ago and never thought twice about it. I began mountain biking several years before we were married, worked construction for several years, and worked in bike shops for several years without incident. My father-in-law nearly lost his ring finger working construction just a few years after his wedding, so he hasn't worn one for years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12