DMR death grip Reinstall- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

DMR death grip Reinstall

I put a set of DMR death grips on my bike when I bought it. Bars that came on it are 780mm and need to be cut down a little. The grips are a single clamp with a tapered core lock-on.

Has anyone removed and re installed a tapered core lock on?

I am worried it might slip around after being removed and reinstalled. I had to pound the crap out of these to get them on.

I have some down time while recovering from a fresh plate install on my collar bone and just really got to the point of using my hand again. Gotta fight off the jonesing and boredom for a couple more weeks.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

mtbr member
    Probably no more difficult to remove without destroying them than traditional non locking grips, assuming there's a small hole on the end where you can shoot some air pressure (assuming you have access to a compressor) in to expand the grip a little.
    You didn't quit riding because you're old, you're old because you quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fredcook View Post
    Probably no more difficult to remove without destroying them than traditional non locking grips, assuming there's a small hole on the end where you can shoot some air pressure (assuming you have access to a compressor) in to expand the grip a little.
    It is a hard plastic core. air still may help the one and a half arm man. Really just concerned with once they are back on again will the stay put.
    I don't always listen to slayer, but when I do so do the neighbors.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2obscura View Post
    It is a hard plastic core. air still may help the one and a half arm man. Really just concerned with once they are back on again will the stay put.
    1.) If they were that tight going on, expect a fight getting them off. Don't hurt yourself doing so, seriously. Tilting the bars to allow some WD40 to penetrate from the clamp end down to the other end may help. It evaporates pretty quickly and will not impact reinstall. (used to install golf grips all the time)

2.) I have not used them specifically, but I would expect they would still grip upon re-install.