Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post
    (Mod edit: Oh, look! Copy & Paste)

However, I still contend that the sport of mountain biking changed with the introduction of suspension.
    Hmmm, as someone who saw, used and abused all the various technologies thru the years that off road cycling developed, yes, I agree any new tech changes the sport, but the rider stays the same. I embraced most all of useful technology because it allowed me personally to reach places that may have been more difficult otherwise. BUT, emphasis on the BIG BUT!!! One thing is very different in this: the sport of CYCLING is different to the sport of MOTOR CYCLING, which is essentially what e-biking is, no matter how much lipstick you smear all over it. I have little doubt that I would enjoy riding one myself, as I do all 2 wheelers, but I would not want to take one out on singletrack trails I use on my MTB. Comparing the advent of suspension to the coming of e-bikes is a non-argument.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    "But by the time 1994 rolled around, suspension forks were beginning to appear"
    That part of the article is wrong, you started seeing suspension forks in the late eighties, by 1991, pretty much everyone was running a suspension fork. It was around 1994 when rear suspension was starting to come into play, although there were some early designs dating back to the early eighties.
    EXODUX Jeff

Bipolar roller
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    "But by the time 1994 rolled around, suspension forks were beginning to appear"
    That part of the article is wrong, you started seeing suspension forks in the late eighties, by 1991, pretty much everyone was running a suspension fork. It was around 1994 when rear suspension was starting to come into play, although there were some early designs dating back to the early eighties.
    Suspension forks were still a very rare sight back in 1991 and almost no one was running one. They were pretty much an aftermarket add on in 1991. I got my first MTB in 1991, a Trek, and that year Trek only offered one bike model that came with a sus fork and that was their very top of the line model. I don’t think suspension correct frames was even a thing until about the mid 90’ and by then, front forks were a more common sight. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/...0treksmall.pdf
    Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

the discerning hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrackmack View Post
    Suspension forks were still a very rare sight back in 1991 and almost no one was running one. They were pretty much an aftermarket add on in 1991.
    The first run of the RockShox RS-1 was in the second half of 1990....they produced 100 units.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    I started mountain biking in 83, worked in shops since around 1985 and heard all forms of bike gossip daily. The suspension deal has nothing in common with the electric bike controversy.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm not really sure there is a "mountain bike culture" for most of us. It's not like surfing.

I don't use mountain bike slang, dress a certain way, base my life on a recreational activity, or stand out in any way as different from non-mountain bikers.

For the author of that article to lament trail crowding as he is on his way to crowd the trails seems hypocritical and self-serving.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuropoda View Post
    I'm not really sure there is a "mountain bike culture" for most of us. It's not like surfing.

I don't use mountain bike slang, dress a certain way, base my life on a recreational activity, or stand out in any way as different from non-mountain bikers...
    Couldn’t disagree more. I guess it depends how into it you are. And perhaps where you live.

the discerning hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Couldn’t disagree more. I guess it depends how into it you are. And perhaps where you live.
    I lived in a "mountain bike town" for a while...it can be amazing.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    But why would you care about how hard (or not) some total stranger is working?

The whole 'fitness police' angle is really weird to me.
    I guess because it's not really biking, but it's being presented as such. Biking is done under one's own power. That's why many of us are not fans of e-bikes.
    Don't say what you mean, you might spoil your face...

mtbr member
    "Get off my lawn" sums up that article really well. The author needs to pull the stick out of his @ss.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I started mountain biking in 83, worked in shops since around 1985 and heard all forms of bike gossip daily. The suspension deal has nothing in common with the electric bike controversy.
    I know when I ride, I do all of the work regardless of it being on my gravel bike or FS bike. The e-biker does not do all of the work. I agree with you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankout View Post
    I guess because it's not really biking
    That's exactly why you shouldn't give a damn (even moreso than it's none of anyone's damn business how much or little exercise someone else feels like getting at any given time). It's not even the same sport, so why care?

And even if it was, do you also find yourself getting upset if you see mountain bikers just cruising around rather than trying to win some imaginary 'best exerciser' trophy? How about people just out for a casual walk? Does it bother you that they aren't doing intervals instead?

Again, who give a damn how hard someone else exercises?
    Worry about your own self.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Doesn't actually get added to your reputatiion Slaphead but, it is there in spirit. LOL

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to slapheadmofo again."

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rynomx785 View Post
    Doesn't actually get added to your reputatiion Slaphead but, it is there in spirit. LOL

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to slapheadmofo again."
    Thanks man.

It's my contribution to trying to get MTB culture back on track.

Next up, a rant about how many people seem to confuse shopping with mountain biking these days.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    ...Next up, a rant about how many people seem to confuse shopping with mountain biking these days.
    Guilty as charged. I am currently on a mad spending spree...

the discerning hooligan

It's my contribution to trying to get MTB culture back on track.

Leadership!!! Slapheadmofo is like the Braveheart of mountain biking!
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    Leadership!!! Slapheadmofo is like the Braveheart of mountain biking!
    That sounds aggressive. He better not be skidding! lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Like it's going out of style!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    That's exactly why you shouldn't give a damn (even moreso than it's none of anyone's damn business how much or little exercise someone else feels like getting at any given time). It's not even the same sport, so why care?
    Trail access.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by og-mtb View Post
    Trail access.
    I keep hearing people talking about how E-bikes are going to hurt trail access but I have yet to hear of someone on an E-bike getting caught where they weren't supposed to be and a governing body proposing to close trails to bikes because of it. Has this actually happened?

Currently, I don't know of any local MTB trails in my area that are E-bike legal so E-bikes are clearly classified differently for trail use so they aren't hurting future trails being opened to bicycles .

High Desert MTBer

And even if it was, do you also find yourself getting upset if you see mountain bikers just cruising around rather than trying to win some imaginary 'best exerciser' trophy? How about people just out for a casual walk? Does it bother you that they aren't doing intervals instead?

If I spent my time worrying about what anyone is doing with their time, I would not be able to do anything myself! The issue here is not about what people choose to do or how, but rather where. If the advent of e-biking gets more people out on the trails with unhindered access, then we need more trails. preferably more trails specifically for e-bikers.
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Trail access.
    I like a good non-sequitur as much as the next guy, but you know that has exactly nothing to do with caring about how hard someone is exercising (or not) right?

Might need to go back and follow the conversation from the beginning...

I really try to remain open minded about e-bike trails users (where allowed) but can't get over the 'easy way out' vibe to them.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I like a good non-sequitur as much as the next guy, but you know that has exactly nothing to do with caring about how hard someone is exercising (or not) right?

Might need to go back and follow the conversation from the beginning...
    Right after you go back and read the quote that you replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by crankout
    I guess because it's not really biking

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Englund air cartridges.
    Ugh, I had to end those things back for repair every season, sometimes more. Good riddance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Right after you go back and read the quote that you replied to.
    Which still had nothing to do with trail access.

Context is a thing.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Trail Rider
    Just adding another useless (amusing) vid to another useless thread

Really enjoying the devolving conversation that's turning into yet another E-bike argument

https://youtu.be/Ns6YSvCsVJM
    Trek Fuel EX 9.8
    Trek Checkpoint SL 6

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    Just adding another useless (amusing) vid to another useless thread

Really enjoying the devolving conversation that's turning into yet another E-bike argument
    That's the funny thing; I'm not arguing for or against e-bikes in any way.

More saying I find it weird that in mountain bike culture these days, there are people who look down on people that aren't all about being some sort of fitness purist. 25-30 years ago, it was a lot more about fun and exploration and even socialization. Then at some point mofos started buying HRMs left and right...all downhill from there...
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    I know when I ride, I do all of the work regardless of it being on my gravel bike or FS bike.
    I recall my first ride on a FS bike like it was yesterday.

I remember feeling a bit more weight but at the end of a ride (northeast root and rock strewn trails) I was noticeably less fatigued and with none of the usual back pain I experienced on my rigid bike. It took less focus to get up technical climbs since I didn't need to steer/balance the bike so precisely in order to maintain traction or avoid get stopped by a bad line choice.

I would argue that, at least on rough trails, FS takes a lot of "work" away from the rider. In that regard, E-bikes are similar.

I also recall an quote from some industry guy (Keith Bontrager, IIRC) that FS was the worst thing to happen for MTB access up to that time due to the increased level of control - hence speed - it allowed. So, there's that similarity.

As for the e-bike thing overall, I agree with the poster who questioned the need for "fitness police" and pointed out that other people's mode of transport doesn't detract one iota from me enjoying mine.

the discerning hooligan
    Too aggressive? Okay, Slapheadmofo is like the Gandhi of mountain biking!
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

I don't use mountain bike slang, dress a certain way, base my life on a recreational activity, or stand out in any way as different from non-mountain bikers.

For the author of that article to lament trail crowding as he is on his way to crowd the trails seems hypocritical and self-serving.
    Dude, guess you don't shred the gnar. I live and breathe it. 9 bikes. I hide my bike socks under my dress pants. All my t shirts are mt bike related. Riding is my sport, my hobby , my workout and my past time. That and trail work. Dresser has 5 drawers, socks, underwear, bottom 3 are bike stuff. The other dresser is all bike stuff. The entire garage is full of bikes, parts, tires, tools and some lawn stuff. So much better than surfing. No sharks. Are you a roadie?

Nat
    mtbr member
    There is too a mountain biking culture. Here's the manual in video form:

mtbr member
    if anyone is interested, I have some old copies of Dirt Rag going back to issue #2. I can find the first mention of "suspension forks" for ya.

Bipolar roller
    Depends on how much your into it, but there is a very big mtb culture out there. I know surfing is popular for some, but I don’t see a huge culture for surfing either, maybe the die hards who only surfand nothing else? For example, my brother inlaw and whole family live on the Hollister Ranch and surf pretty much every single day in the morning before going to work.Other than a surf board and a few pics of him and his wife, or sister or brother surfing in his office, that is all that indicates he is interested in surfing. That’s is about pretty much the same you would see for someone who is into mtb.

But as for mtb culture, there is a shit ton if you want....

Get out of the gutter and onto the mountain top.

mtbr member

Thanks for agreeing that it's not the same sport.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-T View Post
    I recall my first ride on a FS bike like it was yesterday.

I remember feeling a bit more weight but at the end of a ride (northeast root and rock strewn trails) I was noticeably less fatigued and with none of the usual back pain I experienced on my rigid bike. It took less focus to get up technical climbs since I didn't need to steer/balance the bike so precisely in order to maintain traction or avoid get stopped by a bad line choice.

I would argue that, at least on rough trails, FS takes a lot of "work" away from the rider. In that regard, E-bikes are similar.

I also recall an quote from some industry guy (Keith Bontrager, IIRC) that FS was the worst thing to happen for MTB access up to that time due to the increased level of control - hence speed - it allowed. So, there's that similarity.

As for the e-bike thing overall, I agree with the poster who questioned the need for "fitness police" and pointed out that other people's mode of transport doesn't detract one iota from me enjoying mine.
    I don't know one can consider themselves a cyclist and ride one. But that's just me...

High Desert MTBer
    I don't know one can consider themselves a cyclist and ride one. But that's just me...
    e-biker...
    It's all Here. Now.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by leeboh View Post
    Dude, guess you don't shred the gnar. I live and breathe it. 9 bikes. I hide my bike socks under my dress pants. All my t shirts are mt bike related. Riding is my sport, my hobby , my workout and my past time. That and trail work. Dresser has 5 drawers, socks, underwear, bottom 3 are bike stuff. The other dresser is all bike stuff. The entire garage is full of bikes, parts, tires, tools and some lawn stuff. So much better than surfing. No sharks. Are you a roadie?
    I try my very best to never ride bikes on blacktop unless there's a motor between my legs so I can get out of trouble if necessary. I've been riding bicycles off road for over half a century and have been riding mountain bikes since they became a thing. I did own a MTB related shirt a couple of times in my life, I quite often 'shred the gnar', and I do enjoy a distinct lack of sharks on the trails around here... but to wear MTB sock under dress pants?!? My friend, sartorially speaking, you are doomed!
    It's all Here. Now.

Nat
    mtbr member
    One probably doesn't care if they present themself as "a cyclist" or not.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    One probably doesn't care if they present themself as "a cyclist" or not.
    Nor do I, for that matter.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Nat
    mtbr member
    "Hi. I'm a mountain biker."

"Well, aren't you special."

mtbr member
    Nor do I, for that matter.
    Different perspectives is all.

Up In Smoke
    the 29er killed mountain biking culture.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by langster831 View Post
    Ah! Yes! Exactement! Nail #1...
    It's all Here. Now.

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Ah! Yes! Exactement! Nail #1...
    Parlez-vous français?

Snow Dog
    Video Killed The Radio Star

helmets killed MTBing for me. Back in the 70's we didn't wear helmets. Once people started wearing helmets, it changed the scene for ever...
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Nat
    mtbr member
    Brew pubs killed mountain biking culture. Before bland food and beer that you eat with a spoon everyone ate Mexican food after biking.

Up In Smoke
    Brew pubs killed mountain biking culture. Before bland food and beer that you eat with a spoon everyone ate Mexican food after biking.
    You must be in the southwest somewhere...try finding a good burrito in Massachusetts

Nat
    mtbr member
    You must be in the southwest somewhere...try finding a good burrito in Massachusetts
    Ha! You don't have Mexicans in MA?

Up In Smoke
    Ha! You don't have Mexicans in MA?
    Not the burrito rolling kind, that's a tex-mex thing

Nat
    mtbr member
    Not the burrito rolling kind, that's a tex-mex thing
    Hmmmmm...

High Desert MTBer
    Parlez-vous français?
    Mais oui!
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    crabon fibre...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Not MA, but really close, try Los Olas in Hampton or Exeter (after riding Ft Rock or Rye Airfield of course).
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    I definitely do NOT want to be called a cyclist. (I don't ride e-bikes though.)

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    I definitely do NOT want to be called a cyclist. (I don't ride e-bikes though.)
    make up your mind, you're in or you're out!

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    make up your mind, you're in or you're out!
    I'd love to say I'm an outdoorsman, but apparently since I rarely (and never intentionally) kill things while in the outdoors that doesn't apply...

mtbr member
    I'd love to say I'm an outdoorsman, but apparently since I rarely (and never intentionally) kill things while in the outdoors that doesn't apply...
    Could you feed yourself if you were forced to live in the woods for a month? Killing and hunting are different things.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I didn't see anything specific about e-bikes in the linked site.

Every culture changes sooner or later, radio was evil to those who played live instruments, tv was evil to those who listened to radio shows, the internet was evil tot hose who grew up on tv, etc. The Roman empire isn't still around, their culture grew, changed and died. happens often in history.

We also face increasing population over and increasing population density around cities and suburbs as people move from rural to those cities. So you have more people overall leaving work at 5:00 to hit the trails.

Also I think we have more people able to have more than one hobby. I'd bet in the 90's if you were a mtb'er then that was your main or only hobby but now a days we might have half a dozen hobbies so that means more people are into each hobby and therefore more people crowding the trails.

Then the general overall issue of people just being more rude and careless than ever and tossing their trash (red bull can) anywhere.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Could you feed yourself if you were forced to live in the woods for a month? Killing and hunting are different things.
    I get that. In no way did I mean killing animals is always wrong, I just often run into the mindset that mountain biking is not a hobby a true outdoorsman should enjoy... Then when I ask what is the examples that follow tend to all involve killing something.

Not really meant to be argumentative, just a fact; I don't consider myself an outdoorsman because the vast majority who do do not enjoy the outdoors in the same way that I do.

I'm not a cyclist because if I couldn't ride in the woods I wouldn't ride at all. Cycling is not my passion, being outdoors is... Cycling (specifically mountain biking) just provides me with my favorite way to see and interact with the outdoors.

mtbr member
    The first run of the RockShox RS-1 was in the second half of 1990....they produced 100 units.
    Yep. And I'd bet that mine was one of those 100. I put it on my 1990 stumpjumper. Probably didn't start running it til early spring of 1991. I recall the big debate back then being about loss of climbing efficiency while standing. Not an unfair criticism considering the lack of damping on that fork.

It was quite the conversation piece at the local trail heads since nobody had ever seen one before.
    No dig no whine

middle ring single track
    No no; 27.5" PLUS killed it.

It is THE wheel size especially for e-bikes...
    Content here does not officially represent the CA DPR.

Windows 10, destroying humanity one upgrade at a time.

mtbr member
    I get that. In no way did I mean killing animals is always wrong, I just often run into the mindset that mountain biking is not a hobby a true outdoorsman should enjoy... Then when I ask what is the examples that follow tend to all involve killing something.

Not really meant to be argumentative, just a fact; I don't consider myself an outdoorsman because the vast majority who do do not enjoy the outdoors in the same way that I do.

I'm not a cyclist because if I couldn't ride in the woods I wouldn't ride at all. Cycling is not my passion, being outdoors is... Cycling (specifically mountain biking) just provides me with my favorite way to see and interact with the outdoors.
    Gotcha. All my archery hunting buddies give me a hard time because I have been spending all my free time riding a bicycle lately. I enjoy both hobbies but hunting requires a lot of time and dedication (to be successful) that I just don't have anymore since I had kids. Much easier to get away on the bike for a couple hours.

I agree completely though, riding off-road is the only way to go. I have 0 interest in road cycling. I am somewhat of an adrenaline junky. Although, almost getting hit by a car would get surely get my adrenaline going. LOL

mtbr member

I guess you could be called a naturalist.

Not to be confused with a naturist.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    I generally carry a couple of cans of culture in my pack.

One for me at the top of the climb and another in case I run into someone doing trailwork or random maintenance. Good work should always be rewarded.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post

One for me at the top of the climb and another in case I run into someone doing trailwork or random maintenance. Good work should always be rewarded.
    Just waiting for the "you are putting everyone else on the trail at risk" comment.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just waiting for the "you are putting everyone else on the trail at risk" comment.
    At risk of not having enough beer to go around!
    Should carry at least a 6 pack at all times. Just in case!

I wish Curveball rode around here. I hate running out of beer when I'm doing trailwork.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Before anyone posits such a thing, they should probably realize that I put everyone else on the trail at risk without beer too.

mtbr member

I wish Curveball rode around here. I hate running out of beer when I'm doing trailwork.
    While I'm generally not fond of the idea of e-bikes, it might be nice to have one to drag a keg in a Bob trailer around the woods.

I'm all for providing trailbuilders with whatever beverage that they desire.

since 4/10/2009
    While I'm generally not fond of the idea of e-bikes, it might be nice to have one to drag a keg in a Bob trailer around the woods.

I'm all for providing trailbuilders with whatever beverage that they desire.
    The correct use of e-bikes is for cargo duty, hauling kegs of beer and whatnot.

Snow Dog
    Before anyone posits such a thing, they should probably realize that I put everyone else on the trail at risk without beer too.
    LOL

I prefer to say: "I am showing everyone what NOT to do on the trail..." like a rolling real time clinic/Youtube vid

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Trail Rider
    The Culture of Mountain Biking has Gone Astray-djc26g-609b9769-3889-4d98-85da-6978d2494b41.jpg
    Trek Fuel EX 9.8
    Trek Checkpoint SL 6

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Brett Tippie, Richie Schley, and Wade Simmons. I think they were the first mountain biking "stars" who made money by having fun on the bike instead of racing the bike.
    They were not bros, but they were the Proto-Bros that led to the problem mountain bikers we have today. Not intentionally, but they were what every Bro afterwards modeled themselves on.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mlx john View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	djc26g-609b9769-3889-4d98-85da-6978d2494b41.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	1234048
    such awesome!!! I forgot about those guys

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richde View Post
    They were not bros, but they were the Proto-Bros that led to the problem mountain bikers we have today. Not intentionally, but they were what every Bro afterwards modeled themselves on.
    Hmmm... Those guys seem like they’d be fun to hang out with.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Some people think there should only be one way to have fun mountain biking...
    Niner WFO9, Sunday Soundwave (BMX), Nashbar CXSS (town/workout/gravel)

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    The Dirt Roadie faction is still with us.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Kudos for this exchange boys:

Good plan!

People say that about a beer on a ride? Sheesh.

Correct.

Also correct.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Prime example of culture gone astray right there!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Prime example of culture gone astray right there!
    Right? If having a beer before a descent makes people uncomfortable, I don't want to know what they'd think about my snowboarding days.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Right? If having a beer before a descent makes people uncomfortable, I don't want to know what they'd think about my snowboarding days.
    Seriously. Back when I used ride DH regularly, we'd leave a loaded cooler right at loading platform so we could easily replenish for the ride up.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    Right, they weren't bad, but people took a superficial look at them and said "I want to do that."

So we get bad illegal trail building, an attitude that encourages "I should be able to do this without working on it (fitness OR skill) and everything that goes with it...dumbing down obstacles, shortcuts, general buffoonery like running down uphill riders, etc.

They were athletes, and professionals, the Bros want the appearances, but don't want to do the work or understand that what we saw in New World Disorder isn't what you do on public trails.

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Some people understand there's a right way and a wrong way to have fun.

mtbr member

I still can't add to your reputation. LOL

mtbr member
    If you watch Tommy Huynh's YouTube channel ever, he get's hammered in the comments every time he mentions his "go juice".

This went better than I anticipated here. I could ride with you guys. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12