100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF

Cool biking-related ideas in your letter to Santa...

OneUp EDC steerer tube tool.

New A2 helmet.

What else?

I have been told I need to have my list done ASAP.

What's on your list?

since 4/10/2009
    Everything I need to finish building my Pedalhead (basically, everything but the frame and fork).

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    Everything I need to finish building my Pedalhead (basically, everything but the frame and fork).
    Here's hoping your Santa is filthy rich Harold...

I usually buy all the stuff I want myself right about now and have nothing left for a list, and then get screamed at for the next few weeks. This year I am trying to refrain from that.

slow
    I don't want stuff as much as experiences and time with family, so travel usually ends up on the list. However, there are a few bike related items I've listed for family members wanting to ut a little something under the tree. Most are consumables that I blow through at an alarming rate: Chains, cassettes, chainrings, tires, lube, tire sealant, etc. There are a couple of small specific tools I could use (crown race remover and XTR M970 crank removal tool) and I did mention a smaller and more packable water filter and backpacking stove for bike packing.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Here's hoping your Santa is filthy rich Harold...

I usually buy all the stuff I want myself right about now and have nothing left for a list, and then get screamed at for the next few weeks. This year I am trying to refrain from that.
    lol, I'm probably not going to get anything on that list for Christmas.

In all honesty, my wife and I haven't bought Christmas presents for each other for years. We buy stuff for our nieces and nephews and that's about it.

The bike build will progress slowly, as the funds are available. Plus, there are some parts I want that are hard to get (or entirely unavailable) right now, so that'll also be a factor.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by sgltrak View Post
    I don't want stuff as much as experiences and time with family....
    100% agreed.

I guess in hindsight, this thread may not have been the best idea. Maybe a little (or much) too materialistic sounding. No offence intended.

Snow Dog
    hmm...

I need a new helmet so a Pro Tec Classic Certified

https://protecbrand.com/collections/...tter-certified

Oveja Negra Frame bag/seat bag

new tires...was gonna be Maxxis Minions, but sounds like they are getting rid of the 29x3's...will have to do some more searching I guess
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    If only I had read this a couple weeks ago, especially the last sentence, I feel I could have avoided some of the wife's salty glances.

I didn't even spend that much... just a stem, brake levers, brake cables, a rear rack (which probably won't fit argh!), mini tool, Torx shop tool, chainring, chainring bolts, chain, and a heater for the garage. It's all maintenance stuff really...

... I did say I was going to sell some stuff and didn't though. Whatever, her pile is bigger than mine anyway.

That OneUp steer tube EDC set is nice lookin, I'll have to put that on the list.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    If only I had read this a couple weeks ago, especially the last sentence, I feel I could have avoided some of the wife's salty glances.

I didn't even spend that much... just a stem, brake levers, brake cables, a rear rack (which probably won't fit argh!), mini tool, Torx shop tool, chainring, chainring bolts, chain, and a heater for the garage. It's all maintenance stuff really...

... I did say I was going to sell some stuff and didn't though. Whatever, her pile is bigger than mine anyway.

That OneUp steer tube EDC set is nice lookin, I'll have to put that on the list.
    Bahahahahaha!

My worst and only major blunder this year has been a new We Are One wheelset at Black Friday pricing. I couldn't resist.

I will let you know if I come up with any other good ideas that you can add to your list to save you from being yelled at.

Lol!!!

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    A new bike over 5K. Iíll even supply the make, model and build.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Dear Santa;

This year, I have been extra good. I've learned to finally sustain a wheelie for more than a minute. I've improved my 180 endo. I've learned a rider is more than the sum of his (her) bike parts. I've even learned to keep my hot head calm when I see a young man zooming up and pass me in a second on a 15% grade technical climb on his moped... sorry, e-bike.

Thus, I figured I'm do for a nice xmas gift for yours truly. But because I'm not too materialistic, the only thing I'm asking for is a simple and modest bike park (with the usual tables, drops, singles, doubles, switchbacks and a few berms), in the city of Long Beach (CA), or perhaps 15 minutes driving distance.

P.S.
    I'll leave a glass of organic lactose free milk and free-range cookies, if you ban e-bikes in that park too
    AM -> 2018 Meta AM v4.2
    Trail -> 2017 Moto Hal5
    XC -> 2014 Trek Wahoo 29er HT