Bus Driver Intentionally Rams Cyclist - Jailed!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    Good, green, Oregon.
    Reputation: Giant Chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    792

    Bus Driver Intentionally Rams Cyclist - Jailed!

    Driver jailed for using bus 'as weapon' against cyclist | UK news | The Guardian
    Wow, damn scary for sure. Scary that he will be back behind the wheel, taking out cyclists in 17 months. Watch the video and cringe, because it isn't a friendly tap, that is for sure. What a jack-ass.
    *2016 Transition Patrol Carbon (aka: Sweet Pea)

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13
    scary stuff.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4
    That seemed intentional so I wonder why he stopped? Here in AZ they just keep goin!

  4. #4
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Um that's messed up. Last time I checked using a vehicle as a weapon is a the use of a deadly weapon. 17 months is a little light if you ask me. Edit: I would have charged that mofo with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon which would be a felony and some real time to get butt raped in prison not some 17 month slap on the wrist as well as two year suspension in driving.
    Last edited by Hutch3637; 02-17-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  5. #5
    bust a move
    Reputation: 2ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    They should put the bus driver on the bike and let the rider take a shot

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Wow... terrible...

  7. #7
    M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Um that's messed up. Last time I checked using a vehicle as a weapon is a the use of a deadly weapon. 17 months is a little light if you ask me. Edit: I would have charged that mofo with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon which would be a felony and some real time to get butt raped in prison not some 17 month slap on the wrist as well as two year suspension in driving.
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    Donít frail and blow if youíre going to Braille and Flow.

  8. #8
    Is not amused
    Reputation: Hutch3637's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    They do say you'll either love it or hate it.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

  9. #9
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    Butt rape is butt rape, but using Marmite is sacrilege!

    Little-known facts about Marmite:

    - It was invented by a German prior to WW1, and quietly introduced into the UK as a pre-emptive strike to soften up the Brits before full-on warfare...
    - Marmite in New Zealand is not Marmite at all. It is a washed out and sanitised version.
    - Marmite in Australia is Vegemite, and not Marmite at all. Not even close...
    - Marmite is really good in my chilli recipe.
    - Marmite is REALLY good when you spread a little on lightly buttered toast first, followed by strawberry jam. Yum! Kind of sweet and sour...
    - The penalty for butt rape in British jails is to be butt-raped, but the penalty for butt-rape in British jails with the use of Marmite is 3 months in solitary with all Marmite privileges withheld.
    It's all Here. Now.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DLew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    That driver should have his license revoked for life,but glad the biker survived though.

  11. #11
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    I love your avatar
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kingbozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Chachi View Post
    Scary that he will be back behind the wheel, taking out cyclists in 17 months. .
    The article says he can't drive for two and a half years and has to take special tests to get it back. I suspect he will never get any sort of driving job again.

  13. #13
    MTBR member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    798
    OT: I've been to Japan (never GB), and have always imagined it would be difficult for non-Brits to drive on the other side of the road. Just occured to me that you have to bike on the other side of the road too. Duh. Yeah I'm slow. Any non-Brits ride in GB before?

  14. #14
    R T
    R T is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: R T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    38
    Looks like a case of impatient ***hole behind the wheel. I agree with the let the biker have a shot at him with a bus comment. 17 months. Bet your last dollar if that was someone famous or their relative that got hit he'd be in serious trouble.

  15. #15
    Good, green, Oregon.
    Reputation: Giant Chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbozo View Post
    The article says he can't drive for two and a half years and has to take special tests to get it back. I suspect he will never get any sort of driving job again.
    Thank you for the specific clarification. Hopefully the man in question will not pursue a liable/slander case against me. Correct, 17 months in jail, 2.5 years of suspended driving privileges.
    *2016 Transition Patrol Carbon (aka: Sweet Pea)

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    Lube? Wazzat?

  17. #17
    Bro Mountainbiker
    Reputation: Sheepo5669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    That is attempted murder. 17 months is nothin.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

  18. #18
    .
    Reputation: Kneescar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Dude. British butt rape at that! They use marmite for lube!
    At least the marmite would cover up the smell of the santorum.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fix the Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    That is attempted murder. 17 months is nothin.
    The sentence is so light because the cyclist started it.
    Guy on the bike felt he had been cut up (might have been, but he certainly hadn't been rammed... yet) so he started banging on the side of the bus and 'remonstrating' with the driver, then got in front of the bus and started blocking it's path.

    Driver's reaction was totally out of proportion and hes going to jail for it (GBH is one down from attempted murder, he's never getting a driving job with that and a dangerous driving conviction), but sometimes people could do with remembering that however good their smack talk may be, cars are very heavy and we are very squishy.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13
    A MUNI bus driver in San Francisco hit my friend and broke his collar bone. The bus didn't even stop. There was nothing he could do. He was commuting alone. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    The sentence is so light because the cyclist started it.
    Guy on the bike felt he had been cut up (might have been, but he certainly hadn't been rammed... yet) so he started banging on the side of the bus and 'remonstrating' with the driver, then got in front of the bus and started blocking it's path.

    Driver's reaction was totally out of proportion and hes going to jail for it (GBH is one down from attempted murder, he's never getting a driving job with that and a dangerous driving conviction), but sometimes people could do with remembering that however good their smack talk may be, cars are very heavy and we are very squishy.
    Glad you cleared that up.
    I was looking at the video and it sure looked like the cyclist was abusing his "right-of-way" status. Long line of cars behind the bus, so this may have been going on a while. Looks like the bus driver tried to pass on the right and the cyclist went further right to block him.

    Doesn't make the bus driver right, but when you go out of your way to be a prick, sometimes bad things happen to you.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.