BMX love/Show your BMX bike- Mtbr.com
    Snow Dog

BMX love/Show your BMX bike

As requested by some, might as well see if this sticks!!

I know a lot of us started on BMX as kids, and (hopefully) many still ride!

Post pics, discuss, reminisce....who else still tries to air quarters, or 180 fakies, or grind ledges or rails!!

my current BMX:
    1988 Mongoose Californian Pro. I still ride it, but am looking to get a new one so I don't thrash this one since it is in pretty goos condition right now

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-calipro3.jpg

this is exactly like my first BMX ...1981 Supergoose.
    BMX love/Show your BMX bike-2014-10-28-22.49.16.jpg

I had mine for about 6 months and it got stolen. I had saved up snow shoveling and lawn mowing money for a year to get his

currently looking to get a VErde Luxe complete, Colony Inception complete, or We The People Patrol frame to build on
    Go practice. Figure it out. - Fleas

15 Surly Krampus - King Amongst Bikes
    LET IT SNOW!

jcd's best friend
    I remember back in the 80s when I wanted a BMX bike. I bothered my parents all the time for one. What did I get? A Walmart mountain bike instead.
    Trek …monda | Transition Scout | Transition PBJ | Framed Attack Pro

Snow Dog
    i bothered as well, and dad said if I could make the money to pay 75% of a bike, he would pay the rest, and get me the necessary safety stuff...which back then was just a helmet...in fact, I think my first bike helmet had been an old Marine Corps combat helmet...he had been a drill sergeant in the MArines, so we had a lot of military surplus stuff as a kid

LET IT SNOW!

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    i bothered as well, and dad said if I could make the money to pay 75% of a bike, he would pay the rest, and get me the necessary safety stuff...which back then was just a helmet...in fact, I think my first bike helmet had been an old Marine Corps combat helmet...he had been a drill sergeant in the MArines, so we had a lot of military surplus stuff as a kid
    Oh nice. Where did you grow up? I was a Marine Corps brat myself and lived on MCAS Cherry Point for a really long time.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Oh nice. Where did you grow up? I was a Marine Corps brat myself and lived on MCAS Cherry Point for a really long time.
    grew up here in C-bus Ohio...I was born after his full time in the Marines. He had been at Paris Island in the late 50's and early 60's. Then did Vietnam, and after that went into the reserves. I was born after he got back from "Nam

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Nice! Looking forward to the pictures and details.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    BMX love/Show your BMX bike-s780_20181103_152817_1.jpg

Frame: Sunday Soundwave V1 21" TT
    Forks: Odyssey R25
    Bars: Animal Empire State 9.5" rise
    Grips: Animal Jeff Kocsis grips with T1 bar ends
    Stem: Odyssey Sexton
    Headset: Odyssey
    Brakes: Odyssey lever, Fly hanger, Mutiny cable tie downs, Odyssey Slic cable and Evo2s
    BB: Odyssey
    Cranks: Odyssey Thunderbolt 175 LHD
    Sprocket: Odysseus 28t
    Chain: KMC K710
    Pedals: Animal Rat Trap
    Seat Post: Animal
    Seat clamp: Animal JD
    Seat: Bone Deth Vibrator
    Front wheel: Tree Straight Pull hub laced to Eclat X-Odus rim
    Front tire: BSD Donnasqueak 2.25
    Rear wheel: Verde Regent
    Rear Tire: BSD Donnasqueak 2.25

Mostly built out of used parts I managed to find on VitalBMX.

Just order a new sprocket and want to get a set of shorter Animal cranks and a new rear wheel build (using a Tall Order Drone hub).

I only started really riding BMX a couple months ago so I still suck majorly but I love the little bike.
    Ragley Big Wig, Sunday Soundwave (BMX), Nashbar CXSS (workout)

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    currently looking to get a VErde Luxe complete, Colony Inception complete, or We The People Patrol frame to build on
    Have you looked at FBM? The Steadfast is very similar to the Patrol and FBM is a great company. Not that WTP isn't.

Up In Smoke
    I was a 90's kid but I grew up on the racetrack. I wish I had pictures of my old race bikes, maybe mom has a photo album somewhere and i'll have to look next time I go by. A lot of important skills learned on the 20" and 24" bikes.

Bikesexual
    subd, because I love bike picture threads.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Pro Crastinator
    my 2 current bmxicles..

Liquid Feedback - prototype
    BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_0027.jpg

Liquid Feedback - production
    BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_0003.jpg

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s780_20181103_152817_1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	1242113

Frame: Sunday Soundwave V1 21" TT
    Forks: Odyssey R25
    Bars: Animal Empire State 9.5" rise
    Grips: Animal Jeff Kocsis grips with T1 bar ends
    Stem: Odyssey Sexton
    Headset: Odyssey
    Brakes: Odyssey lever, Fly hanger, Mutiny cable tie downs, Odyssey Slic cable and Evo2s
    BB: Odyssey
    Cranks: Odyssey Thunderbolt 175 LHD
    Sprocket: Odysseus 28t
    Chain: KMC K710
    Pedals: Animal Rat Trap
    Seat Post: Animal
    Seat clamp: Animal JD
    Seat: Bone Deth Vibrator
    Front wheel: Tree Straight Pull hub laced to Eclat X-Odus rim
    Front tire: BSD Donnasqueak 2.25
    Rear wheel: Verde Regent
    Rear Tire: BSD Donnasqueak 2.25

Mostly built out of used parts I managed to find on VitalBMX.

Just order a new sprocket and want to get a set of shorter Animal cranks and a new rear wheel build (using a Tall Order Drone hub).

I only started really riding BMX a couple months ago so I still suck majorly but I love the little bike.
    That bike looks just like my step sons SE Wildman...

I am also not great at BMX yet, but getting their. Being old and "sensible" makes me cut down on some of the stupid stuff I would have attempted when I was younger, but I am still working on getting air and 180's...

Have you looked at FBM? The Steadfast is very similar to the Patrol and FBM is a great company. Not that WTP isn't.
    have definitely checked out FBM in the past, but not familiar with the steadfast....will look it up later on!

Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker. View Post
    my 2 current bmxicles..

Liquid Feedback - prototype

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	380.2 KB 
ID:	1242130

Liquid Feedback - production

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	1242129
    is that first one a 24"? or is it just the angle of the pic?

LET IT SNOW!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    I was a 90's kid but I grew up on the racetrack. I wish I had pictures of my old race bikes, maybe mom has a photo album somewhere and i'll have to look next time I go by. A lot of important skills learned on the 20" and 24" bikes.
    I never officially raced. Many of my friends did though, and I would hang and ride at the track when it was just open riding. I was more into dirt stuff in the woods....building jumps over creeks, riding in culverts (since there were no skateparks here in the 70's), and just cruising the hood "looking for babes"....

I also saw in the mullet thread that you play bass! I do to...have played for 40+ years. Still play in a thrash metal/crossover punk band now.

LET IT SNOW!

Pro Crastinator
    is that first one a 24"?
    yes, they both are
    TT: 22.25"
    BB: 12.7"
    CS: 14.25"
    HA: 74
    SA: 72
    ST: 9.15" center to center

Snow Dog
    yes, they both are

so is Liquid an upstart company, or are they new bikes by an existing company...have never heard of Liquid?

LET IT SNOW!

Up In Smoke
    "looking for babes"....

I also saw in the mullet thread that you play bass! I do to...have played for 40+ years. Still play in a thrash metal/crossover punk band now.
    Right on, I don't play much anymore, recorded one album and the band split up. A lot of great shows and memories though and I always have that album to reminisce. We played a mix of black/death metal...not family friendly

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Right on, I don't play much anymore, recorded one album and the band split up. A lot of great shows and memories though and I always have that album to reminisce. We played a mix of black/death metal...not family friendly
    sweet...you might have to send me a copy of that album...love both black, and death metal!

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    I bought my first bike in '82 with the money I earned delivering the paper.
    It was a CroMo Schwinn Competition with 24" Arraya 7x rims, snakebelly tires, "tube" forks (lol), tuf neck 'gooseneck', "shimano" rear brake, some kind of 'v-bar' chrome handle bars... Miss that bike
    Got my chops jra with friends, popping off curb cuts, building janky plywood jumps, and "hanging out under a bridge all day" type stuff.
    And did/do y'all run w/ those pads? I had one on my tuf neck (bc knee strikes sucked!) and a one for the bars ('seat pad' for your wheelless buddy). I ditched the top tube pad.
    This is either a good thing, or a very bad thing.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by CyNil_Rider View Post
    I bought my first bike in '82 with the money I earned delivering the paper.
    It was a CroMo Schwinn Competition with 24" Arraya 7x rims, snakebelly tires, "tube" forks (lol), tuf neck 'gooseneck', "shimano" rear brake, some kind of 'v-bar' chrome handle bars... Miss that bike
    Got my chops jra with friends, popping off curb cuts, building janky plywood jumps, and "hanging out under a bridge all day" type stuff.
    And did/do y'all run w/ those pads? I had one on my tuf neck (bc knee strikes sucked!) and a one for the bars ('seat pad' for your wheelless buddy). I ditched the top tube pad.
    I still run the pads on my Mongoose just because. Back then, the pads were part of the look

...but new bikes don't come with pads anymore. i think you can still get pads for race bikes though that probably fit the freestyle bikes

LET IT SNOW!

Pro Crastinator
    so is Liquid an upstart company, or are they new bikes by an existing company...have never heard of Liquid?
    brainchild of Jeremy Combs (Cru Jones), geo dialed by him and I after a couple protos, made 2 production runs and called it good...

how it all started - https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threa...edback.208908/

some builds - https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threa...d-bike.227386/

Snow Dog
    brainchild of Jeremy Combs (Cru Jones), geo dialed by him and I after a couple protos, made 2 production runs and called it good...

how it all started - https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threa...edback.208908/

some builds - https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threa...d-bike.227386/
    sweet...and kudos to you for trying to get into the production world...that is a scary thing at times. Years ago I toyed with trying to introduce some ideas into the percussion world, but it ended up being more risky than I wanted to deal with at the time

I never really got into the feel of the BMX cruisers back in the day...they just seemed slow and sluggish. I wonder if I would think differently now...N+1 might bring me to trying one out here in the future

LET IT SNOW!

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by CyNil_Rider View Post
    I still run the pads on my Mongoose just because. Back then, the pads were part of the look
    Frame, bar, and stem pads were required for racing.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Cool thread, thatís all Iíve got for now, back to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Keep on Rockin...
    Sorry to derail a bit but could use some advice. My kid and I mtb a lot but he's also saving for a bmx bike this summer. I've always wanted one to ride around town and work on skills that could carry over to mtb. But I've no idea what I should be looking at. 6' tall and would stick to riding it around on the street, curbs, stairs, etc... I'm pretty open with the budget. 6" tall. Any advice on what I should be looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    Sorry to derail a bit but could use some advice. My kid and I mtb a lot but he's also saving for a bmx bike this summer. I've always wanted one to ride around town and work on skills that could carry over to mtb. But I've no idea what I should be looking at. 6' tall and would stick to riding it around on the street, curbs, stairs, etc... I'm pretty open with the budget. 6" tall. Any advice on what I should be looking at?
    Totally on topic, Iíll be listening in as Iím the same height as you and pretty clueless on BMX bikes. Always wanted one as well.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Miker J View Post
    I am 6'2". You are going to want at least a 21" top tube and taller bars help. I had 9" rise bars but swapping to 9.5" rise bars have made all the difference. You want at mininum 100% chromoly frame and forks for sure double wall rear wheel and sealed headset, bb and rear wheel bearings. Ideally you want double wall front wheel with sealed bearings and chromoly bars. The front wheel is less important then the rear. Also it is easy and not expensive to change bars. If you are buying a complete bike and you are tall you are going to want to change the bars anyway.

Two good budget options are the Eastern Shovelhead and the Kink Whip XL. They will run you about $400.

Of course you could build up a custom but it is going to cost. If you do all quality new parts you are probably looking at $1100-$1300. But used custom BMX bikes are cheap if you are willing to shop and so are parts. My build was a mix of used and new parts and it has ended up being around $800. The new parts I got were the rear wheel, bars, tires, seat, grips, BB, headset and pedals. It is all higher end parts minus the rear wheel. Also there are different geometries for street versus park vs trails vs flatland bikes. But the geometry changes arent as big as with mountain bikes.

I should say all that only applies to freestyle 20" BMX. I know nothing about race or larger wheeled BMX bikes

Snow Dog
    I am 6'2". You are going to want at least a 21" top tube and taller bars help. I had 9" rise bars but swapping to 9.5" rise bars have made all the difference. You want at mininum 100% chromoly frame and forks for sure double wall rear wheel and sealed headset, bb and rear wheel bearings. Ideally you want double wall front wheel with sealed bearings and chromoly bars. The front wheel is less important then the rear. Also it is easy and not expensive to change bars. If you are buying a complete bike and you are tall you are going to want to change the bars anyway.

Two good budget options are the Eastern Shovelhead and the Kink Whip XL. They will run you about $400.

Of course you could build up a custom but it is going to cost. If you do all quality new parts you are probably looking at $1100-$1300. But used custom BMX bikes are cheap if you are willing to shop and so are parts. My build was a mix of used and new parts and it has ended up being around $800. The new parts I got were the rear wheel, bars, tires, seat, grips, BB, headset and pedals. It is all higher end parts minus the rear wheel. Also there are different geometries for street versus park vs trails vs flatland bikes. But the geometry changes arent as big as with mountain bikes.

I should say all that only applies to freestyle 20" BMX. I know nothing about race or larger wheeled BMX bikes
    all of this!!!....the Shovelhead is GREAT for the money, as well as the Hoffman 'Bama. I also like the Colony Endeavour, but those might be harder to come by in the States depending on where you live. Colony is an Australian company

as far as geo goes, the HTA is the second thing to think of behind the TT length...75* HTA is sort of the "norm" right now; a 74* HTA is going to ride with more of a feel of an old school BMX; the steeper the HTA, the twitchier the bike is; 75 and above are used a lot for street riding, and lots of techy, quick tricks

also, as in MTB, the chainstay length will effect how the rear end works...shorter is, again, more twitchy...street frames having the shortest stays on average - like 12.5"-13.5- and trail bikes have longer CS's for more stability - like 13-14.5.

As with 93EXCivic, I only know about the classic 20" freestyle bikes. I never got into any of the cruisers/bigger BMX's becasue they all seem to be more like...well...MTB's at that point.

I would suggest getting one of the complete bikes mentioned above to start with, rather than building. Ride it for a year, and figure out how you want it to be set up...just like your MTB...I really only ride skateparks, and jib around on smaller features like you are planning to do. I do not plan to get into the X Games level stuff...though it is great to watch, and I totally respect it, I don't heal as fast as I used to so there is a filter on now...a sanity filter

keep us in the loop on your progress!!

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    I really started riding bmx at 15 when my parents took my dirt bike away after spending 6mos on crutches.
    I raced all through high school and then some, and got into street and dirt as well.
    Fast forward some 20-25yrs, most of my oldest and best friends to this day I know from riding bmx.
    Currently my bmx bike is a 3rd or 4th gen s&m dirt bike with mostly Fly parts, Odyssey wheels and brakes, and finally after being a curmudgeon, I put some tall bars like all the kids are running these days.
    I've basically been born again into it, after spending most of my recent years "cycling" when we built a pump track in one of the town parks. As spring approaches, everybody is getting antsy to get it finished, including the jump line, so us fat old dudes can do some sweet turn bars.

Since this is a mtb forum, one thing that drives me wild about mountain bikers, and mostly the clueless marketing depts, is all these pics of dudes trying to get rad all bowlegged. Don't ride like that, you look like kook. I'm not talking about dropping a knee into a corner, I'm talking 'bout being a bow legged goon.
    I'll get off my soap box now. Indeed, I'll get a snappy of the rusty steed too, and my lil one's 18", which is really sick, for a kid's whip.

searchin for Animal Chin
    Cool thread I'll have to dig out some old pics, and take some new ones, my last bmx bike is torn apart and stuffed in the attic. Actually has Answer pro forks, Elf bars, badass GT pro series pedals that took quite a few chunks out of my shins, and PMC cranks (I bet no one here has heard of those!). Used to race and freestyle until my early 20s then I started hanging out in bars and smoking cigs all night 25 years later quit smoking and bought a mountain bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Snow Dog
    good to see many of you retouching with your youth here! That is what getting back on the BMX did for me. I have been learning new things, as well as applying old techniques that creep back in...

and all of it is so much better time spent than just doing the "old guy" thing of sitting around and making excuses as to why I shouldn't or can't do things. So mny of muy freinds are like : "dude...why are you riding a kids bike?" It isn't a kids bike if you don't ride it that way....

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    swapping to 9.5" rise bars have made all the difference.
    Yup. I recommend 'old man bars' to the bigger/older guys at the local pumptrack all the time. Huge improvement.

My son and I have had good luck with our Premium bikes.
    We've got a couple each now; a beat-up one and a new shiny one.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_5052.jpg
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    Sunday River Mtn Bike Park
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Quote Originally Posted by slapheadmofo View Post
    Yup. I recommend 'old man bars' to the bigger/older guys at the local pumptrack all the time. Huge improvement.

My son and I have had good luck with our Premium bikes.
    We've got a couple each now; a beat-up one and a new shiny one.

Name:	IMG_5052.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	1242252
    Great shot, your son is giving off some tude for the camera.

Keep on Rockin...
    Thanks for all great advice and recommendations. Fun thread.

Bikesexual
    Great shot, your son is giving off some tude for the camera.
    While dad is auditioning for a modeling career.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    While dad is auditioning for a modeling career.
    LOL! My modelling career died a loooong time ago; pretty much at birth.

Luckily for the kid, he can actually back up a little 'tude with riding.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-dscn0848.jpgBMX love/Show your BMX bike-capture.jpgBMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_3475.jpg
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Snow Dog

Name:	DSCN0848.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	474.6 KB 
ID:	1242283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	1242284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3475.JPG 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1242285
    damned right he can...that is awesome!

I wish we had nice dirt jumps like that around here...we used to, but they are all apartment buildings or strip malls now....

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Yeah, we're lucky enough to have some jumps around (and pumptracks).
    Gotta have your ear to the ground a bit, but they're not terribly hard to find.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_0780.jpgBMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_5792.jpgBMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_5760.jpg
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Is that the wompy stuff?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Is that the wompy stuff?
    Nope, first is the pumptrack I built in my town, other 2 are in Winchendon (Marvin School jumps; they've been running for decades now). The dude in the last picture is actually one of Wompy builders though.
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

Name:	DSCN0848.jpg 
Size:	474.6 KB 
ID:	1242283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	1242284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3475.JPG 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	1242285
    Sweet! And a proud papa you are.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I love seeing everyone and their kids. Here is my BMX and my little guy with his bike. I just got the BMX as 1. i was jealous he could ride his bike in the house 2. My Bronson made for a somewhat boring parking lot ride. So far, I love it.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_20190311_124912.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sweet! And a proud papa you are.
    Yessir. I just wish he'd still ride bicycles with me all the time like he used to. Almost all throttle-twisting these days.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-img_0840-3-.jpg
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Will you be my dad?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Will you be my dad?
    Maybe. How much do you eat?

Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    about 1500cal/day. not too much. I love chocolate though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chippertheripper View Post
    about 1500cal/day. Not too much. I love chocolate though.

lol!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

Definitely a cool thread.
    Last edited by j102; 03-15-2019 at 07:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Great thread! I was going to ask exBMXer to post up his ride,then I saw he did. Mine is actually a DRer with BMX bars I bought to have fun with the kids when they were younger and slow. It worked and now that they're older it is still my fun townie. Although I don't have the confidence I did as a kid, I still love to send it off the stairs. It's a fountain of youth. An appropriate 20 would be awesome. My problem has been that I didn't know what to get.
    18" rigid Unit

mtbr member
    Love the old pics.
    Raced in the 80's on my CW Racing Z frame...Believe it or not, it cracked at the Z a couple of times.
    Got into freestyle and had a GT Pro Performer a couple of years. Skyway's, snakebellies, pegs...Those were the days. Think my brother still has his Hutch Trick Star.
    I now have an Intense BMX Cruiser for the pump track on the rare occasion I hit it.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    This was many moons ago, back when I was Grande Steve, Extra Fluffy (I am 100lbs lighter these days). Bike is a Metal Kizz frame with some random parts.

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-feeble.jpg

Snow Dog
    Will you be my dad?
    Maybe. How much do you eat?

that is a great answer! I LOLed!!!

LET IT SNOW!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by bmf032 View Post
    Great thread! I was going to ask exBMXer to post up his ride,then I saw he did. Mine is actually a DRer with BMX bars I bought to have fun with the kids when they were younger and slow. It worked and now that they're older it is still my fun townie. Although I don't have the confidence I did as a kid, I still love to send it off the stairs. It's a fountain of youth. An appropriate 20 would be awesome. My problem has been that I didn't know what to get.
    a fountain of youth is a great way to put it!! And I am the same as you as far as confidence, though I am developing the ability so air quarter pipes now...

as fa as what to get, I will PM you!

LET IT SNOW!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by SingleSpeedSteven View Post
    This was many moons ago, back when I was Grande Steve, Extra Fluffy (I am 100lbs lighter these days). Bike is a Metal Kizz frame with some random parts.

Name:	feeble.jpg 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	1243710
    Grande Steve....that is great. Hell yeah on the weight loss!! I also lost 100ish lbs over the past 3 years...320 down to 200-210 depending on my stress level...I need to get into grinding rails now. I never did that when I was younger....

LET IT SNOW!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider View Post
    Love the old pics.
    Raced in the 80's on my CW Racing Z frame...Believe it or not, it cracked at the Z a couple of times.
    Got into freestyle and had a GT Pro Performer a couple of years. Skyway's, snakebellies, pegs...Those were the days. Think my brother still has his Hutch Trick Star.
    I now have an Intense BMX Cruiser for the pump track on the rare occasion I hit it.
    Skyway's...soooo many great memories...

LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    Grande Steve....that is great. Hell yeah on the weight loss!! I also lost 100ish lbs over the past 3 years...320 down to 200-210 depending on my stress level...I need to get into grinding rails now. I never did that when I was younger....
    I picked up a complete Eastern a couple years ago and tried to get back into it. I'm 33 now and took a couple spills at the local skatepark that hurt really bad. I ended up selling the bike to a kid at the end of the summer because between mountain biking and riding paved trails with the family I really didn't have much time for bmx.

Snow Dog
    I picked up a complete Eastern a couple years ago and tried to get back into it. I'm 33 now and took a couple spills at the local skatepark that hurt really bad. I ended up selling the bike to a kid at the end of the summer because between mountain biking and riding paved trails with the family I really didn't have much time for bmx.
    I did the same thing at about the same age, but am glad that I did not get rid of my bike. I ride park now, but don't do real crazy stuff...especially not high speed crazy air tailwhip type stuff. I like to jump, but not that at that level...I work mostly on fakies; hops; manuals; I am trying to get 180's worked up tho

LET IT SNOW!

Pro Crastinator
    I picked up a complete Eastern a couple years ago and tried to get back into it. I'm 33 now and took a couple spills at the local skatepark that hurt really bad. I ended up selling the bike... I really didn't have much time for bmx.
    would have been the perfect reason to find a sweet little secluded spot and bust out the shovels and make a few jumps. i feel you with the crashing though. i'm 47 now and i am absolutely fearless when it comes to the biggest of dirt jumps, but i'm a giant chicken when it comes to crashing on concrete. crashing is mostly mental really, you just get up and walk away from 99% of them like it was nothing. realize that and the fear of crashing pretty much goes away...

Snow Dog
    would have been the perfect reason to find a sweet little secluded spot and bust out the shovels and make a few jumps. i feel you with the crashing though. i'm 47 now and i am absolutely fearless when it comes to the biggest of dirt jumps, but i'm a giant chicken when it comes to crashing on concrete. crashing is mostly mental really, you just get up and walk away from 99% of them like it was nothing. realize that and the fear of crashing pretty much goes away...
    hear hear...when I was getting back into BMX at the skatepark, it took me crashing a few times to get over my fear of it. Not that I am Scotty Cranmer now, or sending it X Games style, but I am less afraid to wipe out on concrete...less sticks, stones, stumps, thorns etc to fall into.

LET IT SNOW!

24v
    mtbr member
    This is a one of a kind '98ish SE Racing Quadangle with Perry Kramer(PK Ripper) sitting on it right after he signed it.

This is my 24" Subrosa with a twin top tube.

I don't really ride them, but I think I'll keep them until I'm gone.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24v View Post
    This is a one of a kind '98ish SE Racing Quadangle with Perry Kramer(PK Ripper) sitting on it right after he signed it.

This is my 24" Subrosa with a twin top tube.

I don't really ride them, but I think I'll keep them until I'm gone.
    Very cool.
    Niner Jet 9 RDO, Scalpel 29, XTC 650b, 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro, Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Mr Kramer set my suspension at a demo one time and I was beside myself.

searchin for Animal Chin
    Haven't dug out the bike from the attic yet, but I did find this when cleaning out closets! My last race jersey I used it for a very long time as a base layer when doing anything out in the cold. It doesn't fit me now

BMX love/Show your BMX bike-20190422_173256.jpg
    some weird crazed desert dweller.

Bikesexual
    I watched a bit of the women's championship in Japan today (probably delayed) got to see the last 3 girls do their runs, pretty amazing stuff! The American girl had a big crash, and came back to win the whole thing.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneTheJeep View Post
    Haven't dug out the bike from the attic yet, but I did find this when cleaning out closets! My last race jersey I used it for a very long time as a base layer when doing anything out in the cold. It doesn't fit me now

Name:	20190422_173256.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	226.4 KB 
ID:	1248139
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    I watched a bit of the women's championship in Japan today (probably delayed) got to see the last 3 girls do their runs, pretty amazing stuff! The American girl had a big crash, and came back to win the whole thing.
    sweet on both accounts!! I still have my old number plates somewhere in a box. Never kept my jerseys cause they were pretty gross...sort of like my hockey gear

I was super stoked to get out to the park today for the first time this Spring, but last night, while we were all sleeping, the valve stem blew out of my front tire. Scared the crap out of all of us....I keep my bikes in the house to prevent theft...did not have time to get a new tube as I was squeezing the ride in between other appointments and errands...will have to hit it this weekend

LET IT SNOW!

jcd's best friend
    I couldnít help but get this Framed Attack Pro for 40 percent off last week. Itís 100% chromoly! Iíve been wanting to try BMX freestyle for a long time.

Sent from my snail mail via Tapatalk.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    I couldnít help but get this Framed Attack Pro for 40 percent off last week. Itís 100% chromoly! Iíve been wanting to try BMX freestyle for a long time.

Sent from my snail mail via Tapatalk.
    nice oil slick color way!!!

really makes me want to get my house sold, cause I am using some of the windfall from that to get a BMX this summer!!

LET IT SNOW!

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by str8edgMTBMXer View Post
    nice oil slick color way!!!

really makes me want to get my house sold, cause I am using some of the windfall from that to get a BMX this summer!!
    Thanks man! Framed has all of their BMX bikes on sale right now. I got this one for 40 percent off from The House Outdoor Gear. It does come with an unsealed headset and hubs though. The BB is sealed at least! I plan to do a headset swap later on once I trash this one. I want to pick up the sealed version of the FSA "The Pig" DH headset which is just a bulky beast that can take punishment.

This bike feels very natural to me and I got used to it within 15 mins! It feels like my DJ but with an insanely short chainstay lol! I tried to manual this bike and it scared the crap out of me because the chainstay is so short.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Get ready to fall on your backside some manualing. Lol.

A guy on VitalBMX got one of the 22" Framed Pro models and has liked it. He replaced the headset and also ended up bending the dropout on the fork grinding but seems good.

Nice thing is BMX parts are cheap especially 2nd hand. I'd be ready to replace wheels and headset. I am betting the tires and contact points aren't great though.

Pro Crastinator
    those are single wall rims too. along with bars and forks, they are usually the first to go on inexpensive box bikes. but as stated, 2nd hand quality parts can easily be found for super cheap as things need replacing. i've often bought a high end frame and a box bike for all the parts and then slowly swap out the failing parts as i build the good frame up with high end parts...

jcd's best friend
    those are single wall rims too. along with bars and forks, they are usually the first to go on inexpensive box bikes. but as stated, 2nd hand quality parts can easily be found for super cheap as things need replacing. i've often bought a high end frame and a box bike for all the parts and then slowly swap out the failing parts as i build the good frame up with high end parts...
    The listing says double wall rims. The bars and forks are chromoly as well. I bought the Attack Pro model. I am a heavier rider so I decided to pick up a 100 percent chromoly bike just to try out BMX. If I like it, then I might upgrade the entire bike with something custom built for me.

I do expect the headset and hubs to break down at some point because they are unsealed. I also want to pick up a set of tires that can handle more than 65psi of air.

Here's a link: https://www.the-house.com/qfrattp20s...bmx-bikes.html

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That thing's sharp! Have fun with it!
    Sinister Bikes
    Wraith Bicycles
    NEMBA
    Wachusett Brewing Co.