Bikes Direct. com ????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Bikes Direct. com ????

Has anyone did any buissiness with these people? They are also Windsor bikes.

Class Clown

banned
    Spam!

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    Spam!
    Spam this spinny.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikes Direct. com ????-100_4268.jpg  

banned
    Holy crap! Are you OK?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Yikes. Any injuries? How much seatpost did you have inserted into the frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrins
    Yikes. Any injuries? How much seat post did you have inserted into the frame?
    No injuries, I found the crack when cleaning the bike to get it ready to ride.
    I keep about 6 " of post down in the frame. No reason for this to happen but a piece of junk bike frame. Has a lifetime warranty that ain't worth the paper its wrote on.
    Windsor wants me to send them my complete bike back to Texas so they can tell me I didn't have enough post in the frame, which is a lie. I pay shipping both ways and labor cost just for fun. I can buy a frame cheaper than all their asking. This frame lasted for one riding season, about 6 months..Windsor is a Great company to do business with, NOT.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    And you cracked a thompson seatpost also?Was this also on the same bike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchD
    And you cracked a thompson seatpost also?Was this also on the same bike?
    No diffrent bike, my canondale.

mtbr member
    Windsor America warranties every cycle sold in the United States. Cycles sold outside the United States are covered as described in the original owner's documentation. Windsor cycles sold since January 1st, 1990 are covered by the following warranty, those sold prior to that date are covered as described in the original owner's documentation.

Windsor America warrantees free of defects all components on each new cycle for a period of 5 years from date of purchase. In addition, the frame and fork on each new cycle is warrantied free of manufacturing defects for life.

As an extra protection, each purchaser of a new cycle from Windsor America can replace any damaged or crashed frame at a 75% discount from the ordinary frame price. The frame to be replaced would be required to be delivered to Dallas, Texas; Bristol, England; Ottawa, Canada; or Brisbane, Australia at our direction. Customers should contact us via email for authorization and details before shipment. Customers are responsible for all carriage charges.

Carriage and transportation charges are not covered by this warranty; nor are dealer labor charges. This warranty is limited to the original retail purchaser of the cycle and covers only defects in materials and workmanship. Warranty does not cover bent parts, stripped threads and items subject to wear and tear such as but not limited to: corrosion, tires, tubes, chains, bearings, grease, cables, spokes, housing, grips etc.

You may wanna look into the bold/italicized aspect of the warranty. Its not too hard to strip a bike. Will teach you a lot. Glad your ok.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X
    Windsor America warranties every cycle sold in the United States. Cycles sold outside the United States are covered as described in the original owner's documentation. Windsor cycles sold since January 1st, 1990 are covered by the following warranty, those sold prior to that date are covered as described in the original owner's documentation.

Windsor America warrantees free of defects all components on each new cycle for a period of 5 years from date of purchase. In addition, the frame and fork on each new cycle is warrantied free of manufacturing defects for life.

As an extra protection, each purchaser of a new cycle from Windsor America can replace any damaged or crashed frame at a 75% discount from the ordinary frame price. The frame to be replaced would be required to be delivered to Dallas, Texas; Bristol, England; Ottawa, Canada; or Brisbane, Australia at our direction. Customers should contact us via email for authorization and details before shipment. Customers are responsible for all carriage charges.

Carriage and transportation charges are not covered by this warranty; nor are dealer labor charges. This warranty is limited to the original retail purchaser of the cycle and covers only defects in materials and workmanship. Warranty does not cover bent parts, stripped threads and items subject to wear and tear such as but not limited to: corrosion, tires, tubes, chains, bearings, grease, cables, spokes, housing, grips etc.

You may wanna look into the bold/italicized aspect of the warranty. Its not too hard to strip a bike. Will teach you a lot. Glad your ok.
    Thanks for posting that worthless information that I have already read more times than I care to. Windsor wants me to ship my complete bike. Yes all the bike. All my XT parts my mavic wheels also my expensive Fox front end. This will cost me about $100 shipping there and shipping back pluss the labor charges . I figure Ill be out about the same cost as buying a new frame. But thanks for your input anyway.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Happened to a buddy of mine as well, chainstay broke and they made it so expensive to warranty that he didn't bother. His lasted about a year I think, same frame.

mtbr member
    So a busted seat post on one bike and a cracked seat tube on another. Looks like a trend?
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

AZ
    banned
    Coincidence?

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004
    Strip the frame down and just send the frame back. They can't force you to send the whole bike back.
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.

banned
    Where is Mike from BD, cmon stand behind your product. You should PM Mike on this board,he is always spamming on here about how GREAT his company is, now lets see it.

Sorry about the Spam quote, but BD tends to say how great they are once a week under a new ID, go ahead and flame BD owners, but if it was your bike and it would cost you $275.00 for warranty you would complain too, but then again according to Mike his frames are of the highest quality out there, so they are probably worth a $1000.00 easily.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    Happened to a buddy of mine as well, chainstay broke and they made it so expensive to warranty that he didn't bother. His lasted about a year I think, same frame.
    THANK YOU ANOTHER VOICE OF REASON. Rarely found on this forum...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaLL6
    So a busted seat post on one bike and a cracked seat tube on another. Looks like a trend?
    Im an old man and I ride like one... Thats probably a trend too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinning Lizard
    Where is Mike from BD, cmon stand behind your product. You should PM Mike on this board,he is always spamming on here about how GREAT his company is, now lets see it.

Sorry about the Spam quote, but BD tends to say how great they are once a week under a new ID, go ahead and flame BD owners, but if it was your bike and it would cost you $275.00 for warranty you would complain too, but then again according to Mike his frames are of the highest quality out there, so they are probably worth a $1000.00 easily.
    Your a good man Lizard, no problem brother.

mtbr member
    Spin Liz I was curious about your criticism of BD, then I chanced on the 29r poll thread.

You really should just chill and smell the flowers.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

My spelling is atroshus
    This thread looks suspiciously like a typical thread used to mar a buisiness by a competitor. I've seen it happen before. I'd be careful. I once saw a cease and desist order filed over a thread very similar to this on another forum.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by apoint
    Thanks for posting that worthless information that I have already read more times than I care to. Windsor wants me to ship my complete bike. Yes all the bike. All my XT parts my mavic wheels also my expensive Fox front end. This will cost me about $100 shipping there and shipping back pluss the labor charges . I figure Ill be out about the same cost as buying a new frame. But thanks for your input anyway.
    I am glad I took the opportunity to help. Looks like you were due for a frame anyways because you have all this other awesome expensive gear. wheres the sarcasm button

mtbr member
    That crack on the seat tube near the back looks bent, not cracked. Did you pull it off with a pair of pliers once you noticed the crack? The front of the tube looks cracked, but the back looks bent. Did you really have 6" of seat post in there??? And how did the rear of the tubing get bent backwards?

"Got everything you need?"

Linoleum Knife
    Yes all the bike. All my XT parts my mavic wheels also my expensive Fox front end. This will cost me about $100 shipping there and shipping back pluss the labor charges .
    Something isn't right here....

The Windsor Cliff 4900 does not come with XT, Fox or Mavic.

I'm guessing you purchased the frame on Ebay for like $99? Why don't you just deal directly with the company you bought it from? If you bought frame-only, no reason they'd want the whole thing back.

I'm skeptical about the break. I don't see how that is possible with the correct-sized seatpost inserted to specification... but that's not really here nor there.

I wouldn't probably bother with shipping it either. $50 in shipping to get $75 back? No way.

mtbr member
    I think the Kona Fire Mountain frame for $129 would make an awesome bike. If you already have a nice wheelset and Fox fork and XT components, this would round it out nicely.

Kona Fire Mountain - $129

Tool
    Thanks for posting that worthless information that I have already read more times than I care to.
    So, you knew all about their warranty policy before buying, and now you're here pissing in the wind? I suppose it's cheaper than therapy.

I could understand you being mad at yourself for your decision, but being mad at a vendor for not treating you like a charity case makes no sense.

You're the guy at the craps table complaining about how the dice fell. Grandpa Simpson would be proud.
    I can barely get my mouth around it.

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
    That crack on the seat tube near the back looks bent, not cracked. Did you pull it off with a pair of pliers once you noticed the crack? The front of the tube looks cracked, but the back looks bent. Did you really have 6" of seat post in there??? And how did the rear of the tubing get bent backwards?
    Answer please. I agree its obvious you "helped" it.

And what about where you got the frame ? Was it a complete you upgraded ? If the frame was a secondhand purchase you built up they owe you nothing.

AZ
    banned
    I don't believe that we will hear too much more from the OP.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Does BD sell anything else that motobecane and windsor?...
    Are there other deal?
    I would love to see full suspentions GT, Giants, Santa Cruz...
    ETC

mtbr member
    Yes, BD also owns and sells Gravity, Dawes and Mercier. They also regularly stock Kestrel road frame. They've sold Breezer, Schwinn and GT on occasion, but it seems more like an overstock deal than a normal distribution. Motobecane, Windsor, Gravity, Dawes and Mercier brands are all owned by BikesDirect, or some other closely affiliated company.

mtbr member
    just pickup another catalog frame and swap the parts. Maybe a carbon frame off ebay for $250.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    So many incompetent noncomprehending illegitimates should surly never be taught how to operate a key board. Next time I need to be craped on Ill know where to come, here and bikes direct. Birds of a feather for sure.

mtbr member
    So many incompetent noncomprehending illegitimates should surly never be taught how to operate a key board. Next time I need to be craped on Ill know where to come, here and bikes direct. Birds of a feather for sure.
    So many incompetent uncomprehending illegitimates should surely never be taught how to operate a keyboard. Next time I need to be crapped on I'll know where to come; here and bikes direct. Birds of a feather for sure.

There, fixed that for you since you seem to be having some keyboard problems yourself. Hey, wait a sec...weren't you just complaining in another thread about people insulting you and calling you names? And then what did you do?

I guess the rules don't apply to you, just like the warranty terms...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    So many incompetent uncomprehending illegitimates should surely never be taught how to operate a keyboard. Next time I need to be crapped on I'll know where to come; here and bikes direct. Birds of a feather for sure.

There, fixed that for you since you seem to be having some keyboard problems yourself. Hey, wait a sec...weren't you just complaining in another thread about people insulting you and calling you names? And then what did you do?

I guess the rules don't apply to you, just like the warranty terms...
    Looks to me your doing a good bit of insulting yourself. And then what did you do?

AZ
    banned
    I posed this question in your other thread, did you purchase your bike/frame new from Bikes Direct?

mtbr member
    Looks to me your doing a good bit of insulting yourself. And then what did you do?
    No insults here, just a bit of spelling and grammar correction. And some pointing out the obvious, but no insults. When did I insult anyone?

Linoleum Knife
    Yeah..... ok.

Funny thing is - Every single post on here (surprisingly enough) except for YOURS are perfectly civil, and rather helpful.

Good luck to you.

Its got what plants crave
    What manufacturer will pay SHIPPING on a warranty claim? Even the major manufacturers will charge you for that, and your local shop will probably charge you to break down the bike before shipping it out too. How is that any fault of BD?
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

AZ
    banned
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    No insults here, just a bit of spelling and grammar correction. And some pointing out the obvious, but no insults. When did I insult anyone?
    You sound like most women ," I never do anything wrong, it's all your fault".I know you cant help you were born with a gaping hole.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    What manufacturer will pay SHIPPING on a warranty claim? Even the major manufacturers will charge you for that, and your local shop will probably charge you to break down the bike before shipping it out too. How is that any fault of BD?
    Maybe you ought to go back and actually read the prior post real slow so you can get the jest of this BS. Your comprehension skills are just not there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    You would be better served by going back to bed with your man bikesdirect.com who you love so much.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    I posed this question in your other thread, did you purchase your bike/frame new from Bikes Direct?
    apparently you just cant figure that out for your self. I cant believe you can even ride a bike without training wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yes, BD also owns and sells Gravity, Dawes and Mercier. They also regularly stock Kestrel road frame. They've sold Breezer, Schwinn and GT on occasion, but it seems more like an overstock deal than a normal distribution. Motobecane, Windsor, Gravity, Dawes and Mercier brands are all owned by BikesDirect, or some other closely affiliated company.
    All pieces of junk, BEWARE, DO NOT BUY THESE BIKES>...............
    As you can plainly see TwoHeadsBrewing is in bed with bikesdirect.com. He knows every bike they sell.
    So take what he says with a grain of salt.
    He's been inflaming me ever since I started this post about Bikesdirect.com. and the rest of these A holes are his chums that have been attacking me are just trying to silence me. Bikesdirect.com sells cheap junk and their prices show it. If you want a bike frame that's going to be cracked in 6 months or a year go and get ya one. Good luck with the warranty too.
    Last edited by apoint; 03-25-2011 at 05:49 AM.

Bloated Cubs Fan
    Baby got a poopie diaper?
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

mtbr member
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS
    You really should taper those psychoactive drugs slowly,or go back on your meds and be a good boy

mtbr member
    OP you are acting like a real D-Bag. Not everyone is out to get you. We just question your tactics and are trying to get more information. Now we are all shills. I don't doubt there are crap frames out there, but the volume of success to crap is not in your favor.

Stucco Bucket
    Im dumber for reading this. yes dumber.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I'm starting to think that either he did not have enough seat post inserted, or he drove through the McDonald's drive-thru with it on the roof rack, and now he's pissed that somebody else won't answer for his mistake.

You had plenty of opportunity to read the warranties on both the BD and Windsor websites before you made your purchase. As far as warranties are concerned, those are pretty clear and to the point, they aren't real heavy with legalese. I do still agree that it is a bit unreasonable to make you send in the entire bike, but they are still within what is spelled out in their warranty. If you had just bought your bike from an actual brick and mortar shop, you probably wouldn't be having this issue and would only be paying for the shop to swap the parts between frames.

You did actually buy the bike from Bikes Direct, right?

mtbr member
    Wow, apoint, nice work on proving my point. You could have been civil and offered up a good argument to back up your position. But instead you decide to throw insults around because you can't find any good way to justify your side of the story. If you could find a good argument, you wouldn't need to result to calling people names and throwing insults around. That kind of behavior just shows how juvenile you are, and exposes your lack of credibility, and destroys any argument you might have had.

You're mad because your bike broke, I get it. Broken bikes suck, and they ALWAYS result in money out of pocket. We still don't know how it broke or why it broke because you won't answer a direct question. But why would you be mad at me or anyone else in this thread because you failed to read the warranty terms before purchasing? Shouldn't you be upset with yourself? Or is that too much like real responsibility?

Grow up, take responsibility for your decision, and eat the cost. Take your licks, learn your lesson and move on. Good luck in life, I'm done with you as you've proved your inability to understand logic and reason, and resort to insults like an 8 year old child. Cheers!

Truly Doneski
    Sep 2009
    This thread is hilarious!!
    Originally Posted by Bmateo1:
    Joyous Day in Woods
    Thoughtless Jackwagon, piss near
    Chudzpah, Passion Lost

Truly Doneski
    Sep 2009
    apparently you just cant figure that out for your self. I cant believe you can even ride a bike without training wheels.
    Hahah. How exactly could someone figure that out for themselves?
    Originally Posted by Bmateo1:
    Joyous Day in Woods
    Thoughtless Jackwagon, piss near
    Chudzpah, Passion Lost

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    This has become epic.

To the OP (who won't read this) just answer the questions asked man. No one became nasty until you started getting all defensive. It is clear you are doing something wrong, I know guys that have riden Thompson's for over a decade with out any issue but yet you broke one? And now you have done this? That would be a pattern of concern. Also you obviously pulled that apart. So knock off the tude and people will help you man. And before you reply yes I read everything and it's easy to see you got all 10 year old girlish once someone asked a question you couldn't properly answer.

Stucco Bucket
    I love the haiku
    thats from that jackwagon thread
    It makes me go LOL

Its got what plants crave
    Maybe you ought to go back and actually read the prior post real slow so you can get the jest of this BS. Your comprehension skills are just not there.

Your original post asks if anyone has deal with Bikes Direct. I have. I ride a BD road bike.

I want to know how you claim you discovered the crack during routine cleaning, yet you posted a picture of it completely snapped off. You just noticed the whole post snapped off during cleaning? Oops, my bad, just broke off my seatpost during cleaning.

Then you start with personal attacks and calling everyone in the thread a shill for BD? WTF man. Go away.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Your original post asks if anyone has deal with Bikes Direct. I have. I ride a BD road bike.

I want to know how you claim you discovered the crack during routine cleaning, yet you posted a picture of it completely snapped off. You just noticed the whole post snapped off during cleaning? Oops, my bad, just broke off my seatpost during cleaning.

Then you start with personal attacks and calling everyone in the thread a shill for BD? WTF man. Go away.
    You ride a bikesdirect bike and proud of it. Do you also ride it in the parade on gay pride day? I think your social dieases have rotted your last brain cell. Lets really get offensive so you go away. If you dont like the rules dont play the game girly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zgjp82
    This has become epic.

To the OP (who won't read this) just answer the questions asked man. No one became nasty until you started getting all defensive. It is clear you are doing something wrong, I know guys that have riden Thompson's for over a decade with out any issue but yet you broke one? And now you have done this? That would be a pattern of concern. Also you obviously pulled that apart. So knock off the tude and people will help you man. And before you reply yes I read everything and it's easy to see you got all 10 year old girlish once someone asked a question you couldn't properly answer.

There are some real retards on this post but I will have to make a whole new catagory just for you.
    I never once said the first negative thing about Thomson. I have only bragged on Thomson. So please go get your Mother to read this to you and explain it in detail, if you can finder her down at the curb.

Stucco Bucket
    bump.
    Starting to think this is a troll thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Wow, apoint, nice work on proving my point. You could have been civil and offered up a good argument to back up your position. But instead you decide to throw insults around because you can't find any good way to justify your side of the story. If you could find a good argument, you wouldn't need to result to calling people names and throwing insults around. That kind of behavior just shows how juvenile you are, and exposes your lack of credibility, and destroys any argument you might have had.

You're mad because your bike broke, I get it. Broken bikes suck, and they ALWAYS result in money out of pocket. We still don't know how it broke or why it broke because you won't answer a direct question. But why would you be mad at me or anyone else in this thread because you failed to read the warranty terms before purchasing? Shouldn't you be upset with yourself? Or is that too much like real responsibility?

Grow up, take responsibility for your decision, and eat the cost. Take your licks, learn your lesson and move on. Good luck in life, I'm done with you as you've proved your inability to understand logic and reason, and resort to insults like an 8 year old child. Cheers!
    Wow back again for more of the same. I cant believe mister Bikesdirect let you out his bed. You must really be bad. Please dont go swimming, Ill never get that smell out of the fish. Oh please dont go away , I wont have anyone to play with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    bump.
    Starting to think this is a troll thread.
    No it's not a troll just ww3. You been doing good by keeping your head down. So far we dont have a problem. Lets keep it that way.

mtbr member
    I'm obviously no moderator but I think it's time for this thread to be closed and this guy to be banned.....mtbr is too good for this with the wealth of knowledge and info it contains.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I love my BD road bike. It's a Windsor Wellington 3.0 and I've had 2 bikeshop employees compliment me on the spec, who couldn't believe the price.
    Bkes break.
    Deal with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2000
    Closing this thread and giving a 7-day timeout to apoint for the "gay pride" comment.
    Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/Mtbrcom

Follow us on Twitter - twitter.com/Mtbr

Mtbr YouTube Channel

Members who have read this thread: 0