Best trail-map access site?- Mtbr.com
    JeffcoHo

Best trail-map access site?

So I have noticed that a lot of sites including mtbr will give you trail-head directions but not actual maps of the trail or the trail confluence that is available at a park.

What is a good website for looking up trails?

Singletracks.com? $30/yr but has gps compatibility. Any others?

Anyone use single tracks? Can you just print off maps with good scale?
    ‎"Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears." -Marcus Aurelius

High Desert MTBer
    Singletracks is pretty good, but I also just google a local area for trail maps and sometimes you get some good results from local sites. Where I live for instance, TucsonMTB.com has great maps and descriptions of trails here, and I suspect that a lot of places have similar resources...

All fat, all the time.
    What I started doing (if you have a garmin), go on garmin connect website, you can search the site for other people's rides in the area you want. The you can download their ride to your gps & use it as a guide to follow their tracks. I tried it out for the first time the other day & it was helpful.

since 4/10/2009
    For full maps of local trail systems, local websites tend to have better coverage for the stuff they tend to ride. This leaves some areas uncovered or under covered. It is the way it is. Hit up guidebooks, Trails Illustrated maps, USGS Topos, GPS file sharing sites, and other sources for the rest.

Members who have read this thread: 0