Best customer service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Best customer service

I recently ordered some new bearings from WTB and was very impressed with their customer service. It's nice being able to call a company and get someone right away who's knowledgable, helpful and friendly. They also have great products, so they're definitely one of my favorite MTB companies.

What MTB company do you think has the best customer service and what's your favorite company?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Push Industries... I must have called Matt 15 times and every time he was so helpful, top service and great guys...

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Turner. When I had a warranty issue Dave Turner took care of me personally. Had a new frame in a day.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

There's always next year.
    I've gotten great help and service from the folks at Pivot and Industry Nine.

T.W.O.
    Most are great seems like the product I use their customer service can be describe as "best", even some of the big brand are providing great service as well.

There are too many to mention but some of the memorable ones are

Ibis
    Kings
    I9
    KS
    Pushed
    Magura
    Maverick
    Ellsworth
    Titus
    Seven
    Twenty6

mtbr member
    eh push doesn't make my list.

Ibis emailed me on christmas eve at like 11pm. Crazy!

DT Swiss said...you taco'd a wheel? here's two for free!

WTB guys are down to earth and not industry ******s. I see them on the same trails I ride, and they're always at bike functions chattin us up.

Thats it so far.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Santa Cruz

They have always gone out of their way to help me out.
    Klein Attitude XX
    Santa Cruz Heckler 6.1
    Surly Karate Monkey
    Surly Moonlander

mtbr member
    Tomac / Joel Smith. I don't think he sleeps. Questions, bearings, more stupid questions. Always replies and sent parts fast.

I ordered a jersey from them a couple of years ago and when it showed up it had been autographed by the man himself. Only problem is I couldn't bring myself to wear it so I had to buy another.

Duck Fonald
    Quote Originally Posted by drag_slick
    Tomac / Joel Smith. I don't think he sleeps. Questions, bearings, more stupid questions. Always replies and sent parts fast.

I ordered a jersey from them a couple of years ago and when it showed up it had been autographed by the man himself. Only problem is I couldn't bring myself to wear it so I had to buy another.
    Who, Tomac or Smith?
    “The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

George Orwell

mtbr member
    At Outerbike in Moab this year I was impressed that the owners of both Ibis and Pivot were on site personally working with customers demoing their bikes. I've heard great things about Ibis customer service though I haven't needed to contact them. I got a very fast reply to a question I sent Alan with Frame Skins during the busy holiday season.

mtbr member
    Ibis

the test dummy
    jamis, they were great when i busted my frame but they get way to many warranty claims .
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
    Sep 2010

I like WTB

WTB guys are great. Santa Cruz Really did not stand behind a broken rear triangle (charged me $ 300 plus shipping! lost lifetime customer ) DT fixed a one year old X1800 rear wheel but still "grindy". I send them the wheel and they could have said " we'll fix free but charge you for axle".I would be cool with that. They just replaced freehub body and sent back grindy wheel. I will buy King, never 240. Never. Fox fixed a rear shock free. I even told them I rode all winter. COOL. Service at Performance is no questions asked ( usually fix bikes myself ). Performance guys really helpful, they do get busy and you need to find the guy that KNOWS. WTB is always good and I need to buy more of their stuff.

It's about showing up.

My LBS

It helps when both sides work at it.

Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
    Sep 2010

Shimano Too

Whether or not you like Shimano ( I do) they stand behind warranty terms-2 new rotors bad rivets. Thanks again to Performance guys on free install.

mtbr member
    Yeah, forgot to mention Shimano. I had a XTR derailer spring come off. A few weeks after the spring was put back in place I broke the derailer by hitting a rock. Shimano sent me a new XTR derailer. They didn't even wait to inspect the old one first. The derailer was three years old.

Underskilled
    The key ones for me are White Brothers, absolutely unparalleled service. Great product with years of custom tuning, free spare parts and tons of engineer time.

Second best is Superstar components in the UK, They even repaired a product that I didnt get from them for free.

Niner Bikes also have done a lot of good stuff.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Who, Tomac or Smith?
    Tomac signed it.

Members who have read this thread: 0