• 03-27-2004
    The Squeaky Wheel
    ? ATAC XS v. ATAC XS Carbon -Which One?
    Looking to replace my old ATAC Carbon with the new ATAC XS pedals.

As far as I can tell, the only differences between the XS & XS Carbon is the SET feature and 10 gms.

So what's the deal with SET? Is it worth the extra $30?
  • 03-27-2004
    Ventanarama
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Looking to replace my old ATAC Carbon with the new ATAC XS pedals.

As far as I can tell, the only differences between the XS & XS Carbon is the SET feature and 10 gms.

So what's the deal with SET? Is it worth the extra $30?

Hey James. The Carbon has adjustable release tension, while the regular XS doesn't. They say the body material on the carbon is stronger also, though I doubt that's significant.
    Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
  • 04-10-2012
    ageha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ventanarama View Post
    The Carbon has adjustable release tension, while the regular XS doesn't

Is that still true for the current XS model? :confused:
  • 04-10-2012
    perttime
    The XS pair that I bought 5 or 6 years ago is adjustable.

Since then, I've come to prefer the feel of the more recent ROC ATAC models.
  • 04-10-2012
    ageha
    Quote:

Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    The XS pair that I bought 5 or 6 years ago is adjustable.

Since then, I've come to prefer the feel of the more recent ROC ATAC models.

So what's the difference between the XS series and the two current ROC models apart from the weight and maybe the shape?
  • 04-11-2012
    perttime
    The shape of the ROC models is a major thing to me: it gives a small platform that feels more solid even under a very stiff shoe. For me, the shape also seems to make it even easier to clip in.

The mechanism is a bit different and should make it less likely to disengage inadvertently, if you hit the bottom side of the pedal on something.
  • 04-11-2012
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Well that would all make sense then seeing g this thread is from 2004'.
    I had regular ATAC aluminum with no adjustment for float. They worked great. But in 2008' I bought the ATAC XS Carbons with the dial (float adjustment) and they are so much better. When I first got them I experimented with different settings. Once I figured out the setting best suited for me I set it and haven't touched it since.
  • 04-11-2012
    ageha
    Quote:

The shape of the ROC models is a major thing to me: it gives a small platform that feels more solid even under a very stiff shoe. For me, the shape also seems to make it even easier to clip in.

The mechanism is a bit different and should make it less likely to disengage inadvertently, if you hit the bottom side of the pedal on something.

Thanks for your feedback! Do you have one of the current ROC ATAC models?
    time-sport.com/product-sheet-roc-atac-s.2.0.idp.215.html
  • 04-11-2012
    perttime
    I have two pairs of ROC ATAC Carbon which I didn't find in the list of current models. They look much like the ROC ATAC S. I'm pretty sure I'd be equally happy with the "plain" model but the Carbon came in a nicer color :p and didn't cost that much more, at least when I bought them.
  • 04-11-2012
    ageha
    Quote:

I have two pairs of ROC ATAC Carbon which I didn't find in the list of current models. They look much like the ROC ATAC S. I'm pretty sure I'd be equally happy with the "plain" model but the Carbon came in a nicer color :p and didn't cost that much more, at least when I bought them.

Unfortunately here in Singapore I can only get the ROC ATAC S and the ROC ATAC. It seems they discontinued the upper Carbon model.
  • 04-11-2012
    mtb thai
    i got atac xs absalon edition notthing diffrent from atac xs. just want to hv white one :)
  • 04-11-2012
    ageha
    PS: How can you delete messages? :P
  • 04-11-2012
    perttime
    You cannot delete messages. Why?
  • 04-11-2012
    ageha
    Quote:

You cannot delete messages. Why?

I don't have an option to delete the message. I can just edit and repost it. :(
  • 04-11-2012
    perttime
    You can edit your messages.

Note that people may consider emptying your messages impolite.

If you made a mistake in a post, you can correct it. Even then it is better to also write a note that you edited your message and give a reason why.