ASSOS Accurate guide size ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012

ASSOS Accurate guide size ?

Hello,

i would like to hear opinions from guys who have purchased assos bibtights in the past. I am doing mountain biking, but because i am doing lots of asphalt uphill, too, i am looking for a bibtight. So that it does not slide over my body and is kept steady on my shoulders. I am looking for a good quality product and that offers very good comfort pad.

So i was looking at this:
    Assos T FI. Uno S5 Trägerhose

However, even in the assos site, the sizes go by height. Well i am 185cm and 83 kg. According to charts i am full Large. Does anyone here have an accurate size guide or has experience on assos products ? LBS in my city dont even care.

Thanks

SS Pusher Man
    $400 for bibs? That is just out there.

Sorry no experience....not at those prices.
    Bicycles don’t have motors or batteries.:nono:

Ebikes are not bicycles :nono:

mtbr member
    I own 2 pairs of ASSOS bibshorts, T FI.Uno_S5 Bib Shorts - Black both in large. I am 5'8" and 180 lbs. Love the way they fit and feel when mountain biking, best I have ever owned. Highly recommend for anyone looking for "good" bibs.
    2017 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)

mtbr member
    [email protected], MED bibtight fits me very well.

They run a touch small compared to North American brands, IIRC, so if you're in between sizes go up.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    u are 173 cm and large ? pretty weird. of course u are close to my weight, however, the straps are ok on your shoulders ?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Hi there!

Julian here, with Assos North America Inc. I would like to address your post directly, in hopes that it may resolve any unanswered questions you may have.

We base our bib sizing on height as this is the best way to ensure that the shoulder-strap and leg-length is correct. Since it would be difficult to cover every body type, our sizing generally presupposes a more-or-less athletic body type. The T FI.Uno in particular has a very lean "racing-cut" and is perfect for cyclist who prefer a more streamlined, snug fit.

This being said, many riders who have a more robust build or who prefer a more relaxed fit, choose the T FI.Mille_s5, which is the perfectly tailored for optimal comfort during training and racing. The size large would most likely fit perfectly for your height and body type. In addition, it also has the benefit of having the thickest and most comfortable pad of all our bibs, which will ensure maximum comfort for those longer rides.

Of course the best way to find your perfect fit is to visit one of our local retailers, who can provide the full "in-store" experience by having you try on a few pairs, and helping to find the fit that is right for you.

I hope this information helps, feel free to send me an email if you have any other questions about our apparel, or if you need help finding a local or online retailer.

Have a Good Ride!
    Julian Beland-Morton
    Assos North America Inc.
    [email protected]