Anyone know of a bike rack that will fit a 06 Dodge Magnum- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone know of a bike rack that will fit a 06 Dodge Magnum

The title says it all. I've looked and it seems like a bike rack hasn't been developed for this car. Its a company vehicle so I can't make major changes... Does anyone have any suggestions on a rack system for this car???
    Thanks

Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyAC1
    The title says it all. I've looked and it seems like a bike rack hasn't been developed for this car. Its a company vehicle so I can't make major changes... Does anyone have any suggestions on a rack system for this car???
    Thanks
    Buddy of mine drives an 05 Magnum wagon and it is also his company car. He has a hitch mount, do not know what brand, but it is the type that the bike sits in the tracks and has the spring loaded bar that goes over the front wheel to hold it in place. I haven't heard no complaints about it and it gets alot of use. If you would like, I'll give him a holler an find out what it is.

Brian

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianU
    Buddy of mine drives an 05 Magnum wagon and it is also his company car. He has a hitch mount, do not know what brand, but it is the type that the bike sits in the tracks and has the spring loaded bar that goes over the front wheel to hold it in place. I haven't heard no complaints about it and it gets alot of use. If you would like, I'll give him a holler an find out what it is.

Brian
    Thanks Brian
    I thought that was the only way to go. if you get a chance, I would really like to know what brand he is using.
    thanks

Combat Wombat
    No problem. I sent him an email and I'll let you know what he says.

Brian

Feb 2006
    Have you looked into the SARIS bones.. rack.. I've got one, and they seem to fit everything.

B****es!
    I have an 05 Dodge Magnum and use the Sportswork Transport T2, which is now sold by Thule. I bought the OEM Dodge hitch receiver and the separate 2" receiver, 2 different peices 2 different part numbers. This set up is pretty cool because when you are not using the 2" receiver, you can actually remove it and you can hardly tell that you have a tow hitch. I like the Transport T2 bike carrier because it's very easy to put bikes on and take them off. I don't have any pictures of this set up right now, but can take some this weekend.

mtbr member
    www.rackattack.com

www.thule.com

according to Thule, there is no roof rack for your car if you don't have a factory roof rack.

there is a hitch mount option here:
    http://www.rackattack.com/ThuleConfi...fg_vehicle.asp
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    i have an 05 magnum, and i use the yakima roof rack. from all the research i did www.rackattack.com is the place to go.

Combat Wombat

Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbyAC1
    Thanks
    Talked to my buddy on the phone 5 minutes ago. He uses a Sportworks, which I think now is Thule, T2. He told me he uses a 1.25" hitch, because that is all that will fit under his Magnum. I see that Konnichiwa says that he is using a 2" receiver, but either way, I'm sure if you get a hitch put on your car, you will figure out which one will work. He really likes it and says the only problem with it is that it does sit low to the ground, so you have got to be careful in places that could cause it to drag. He did say that there is an accessory that supposedly raises it up a couple inches.

Here is what it looks like http://www.go-ride.com/prod_racks_sw.html

Brian

mtbr member
    the magnum has the same chasis as the chrysler 300 i believe, i had the t2 i wasnt impressed but i pick up the swagman xc 4 bike carrier, love it. here is my review of it with pics...hope this helps...

review of swagman
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...hlight=swagman

review of thule t2 sorry i know people love this rack but...
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...light=thule+t2

B****es!
    Oh yea, as Brian mentioned, you do have to watch out as the rack will be sitting pretty low. Here is a pic of my set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0