Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dmo
    mtbr member

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes

All the new bikes coming out the past few years have crazy color matching going on and it feels like it's a bit too much. I think a couple of colors is fine but so many bikes now have multiple colors with everything accented down to the cable housing. What ever happened to a tastefully speccd bike? I don't mind a little bit of bling and don't think bikes need to be all black but who is designing the graphics and colors on bikes these days? There's a fine line between cool looking and ugly. More and more bikes are on the ugly side.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Flat Pluto Society
    Hey, people are still buying Nissan Jukes, and the Gremlin sold a couple hundred thousand, so there's no accounting for taste.

You never know until you put it out there. All I know is my bike is gorgeous.

Wanna ride bikes?
    this thread would be better with pics. lets see what you consider offensive. pull no punches.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

Flat Pluto Society
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    this thread would be better with pics. lets see what you consider offensive. pull no punches.
    What about that Diamondback with the garish rear triangle? I'll look for pics.

since 4/10/2009
    I am not a fan of graphics for the sake of graphics. I like solid colors with maybe a little subtle accenting. I do like bold colors, though.

I don't mind, for example, the color matched fork decals you're seeing a lot of lately. I don't mind a little touch of colored housing (not matching, but coordinating, because colored housing is impossible to match).

For example, I like the way Santa Cruz handles colors on its bikes. Black is usually an option, with an accent color for the logo or alternatively a bold frame color with black for the logo, but they're solid colors. Not lots of busy graphics. I like how Salsa has been doing its frame colors lately. Mostly solid colors. Some bold, some not. I think the concept behind the Cutthroat graphics was very cool, to mimic the coloration of the cutthroat trout.

Hi There!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    What about that Diamondback with the garish rear triangle? I'll look for pics.
    Wanting to see that.
    NTFTC

Snow Dog
    I pretty much agree with Harold on a good, solid main color choice with well thought out accents.

Having grown up in the 80's BMX world. a chrome bike is the most sexy to me....funny that you don't, or never really did see many straight out chrome MTB's. In the current BMX world, there are a lot of great desings...and some pretty off the wall designs.

I really like the simplicity of my Krampus, and am looking to get a full matte black Verde Luxe BMX, which I will accent with small points of blue down the road. My old trek is a cool purple with the simple grey Trek stickers...

Sometimes I think manufacturers color the bikes to look more "racey", which definitely moves more product...
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

Cycologist
    I also prefer the solid main color and little to no accents. I hated all the fluorescent big accents some of the manufacturers were doing recently, really ugly in my opinion.

Looking over my fleet, they really don't have much beyond the brand (in outline) and model on the frame. I have two bikes I've had powder coated and they have no decals, though I keep thinking about buying a decal kit for my Gunnar, but maybe just using the seat post bike model (with the dog) and head badge decals and not the downtube ones.

I have an old Jamis Quest road bike that is chromed with blue anodized rims and hubs. I like it. I also have an old Lemond CX bike with panels, which I like on steel road bikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    All the new bikes coming out the past few years have crazy color matching going on and it feels like it's a bit too much. I think a couple of colors is fine but so many bikes now have multiple colors with everything accented down to the cable housing. What ever happened to a tastefully speccd bike? I don't mind a little bit of bling and don't think bikes need to be all black but who is designing the graphics and colors on bikes these days? There's a fine line between cool looking and ugly. More and more bikes are on the ugly side.

I've felt that way for about 4 years. You're right it's out of control. Quite a few are fugly in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Yes, my bikes match.Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-01f774d1d21b3b08c0072f944a75ac7030b55ab637.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Yes, my bikes match.
    ummmm, errrrrr

dmo
    mtbr member

Just a bit too much going on with these bikes. I like intense but think they look better a little more subdued

Wanna ride bikes?
    Just a bit too much going on with these bikes. I like intense but think they look better a little more subdued
    ugh, OK, those are bad! i have to say i really dislike loud, and/or matching graphics on wheels. it's too busy and really offends my eyes.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

mtbr member
    I like bright colors but simple designs. Solid fluor green, yellow, red all work for me. The smaller and simpler the graphics, the better. I don't like big bright graphics on wheels.
    Do the math.

nvphatty
    ugh, OK, those are bad! i have to say i really dislike loud, and/or matching graphics on wheels. it's too busy and really offends my eyes.
    i'll remember this..

Super Moderator SuperModerator
    Yes, my bikes match.
    Too much. Heck, even the tires match the frame.

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    Reminds me of the 1990s neon color splash trend. I do like the color fade trend of early 2000s

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

My old school Intense with factory original graphics and a new one of today. Granted mine was built from just a frame. But today's prebuilt models are a bit much in my opinion. Back when Intense sold frame only, no prebuilt models.

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-image.jpg
    Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-image.jpeg
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Air Pirate
    No...back in the day there was a lot more ugly going on...with various style miscues such as all the rampant anodizing when the CNC craze hit in the 90's (the purple being the worst):

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-pano1.jpg

Name:  pAno2.JPG
Views: 3487
Size:  26.6 KB

Name:  pAno3.JPG
Views: 3460
Size:  51.2 KB

The below is just a plain ugly bike...the ano actually helps it I think
    Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-pano4.jpg

BITD there was also that splatter-paint thing....also obnoxious:

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-splat1.jpg
    (the above is actually a recent bike, a Pug that someone is trying to remove all cool from)
    Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-splat2.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-splat3.jpg

The other ugly trend back in the day was the bright neon bike:

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon1.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon2.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon3.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon4.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon5.jpg

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-neon6.jpg

THIS bike is the pinnacle, as it uses all the above listed style failures together:

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-ultra.jpg
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Looks like some kid ate too many skittles on halloween with some of these...

Viva la purple anno!
    WTB: Med Bontrager Ti Lite, PM Me...

Nat
    mtbr member
    Do you guys remember this one?

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-5025cab5-e577-4c02-baa8-8e275b1d1b8c.jpg

It coordinated with these:

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-6927912953_7efec95e8a_b.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2015
    My wife's bike is actually pretty tastefully colorful. I am generally not a fan of tons of color, but actually thinking about her bike, it has quite a few.

Versus mine that is only black/white:

My mountain bike is just black/grey with the manufacturer logo in red.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Do you guys remember this one?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5025CAB5-E577-4C02-BAA8-8E275B1D1B8C.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	1091642

It coordinated with these:

Name:	6927912953_7efec95e8a_b.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	1091643
    LOL
    So true and I can bet I know what thread you got those photos out of.

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro...se-373173.html

mtbr member

I actually don't mind most of those. Maybe because I come from a dirt bike background where the bike and jerseys are covered with sponsorship decals. I could do w/o the decals on the wheels though. I've had several Santa Cruz bikes but unlike Harold, I do NOT like their bright colors they've been throwing out the past few years. That pink Bronson (or was it a Nomad) might have been the worst.
    2019 Yeti SB5C
    2018 Intense Tracer
    2017 Intense Primer

STEEL IS REAL
    Nov 2008
    I'm all for a flashy, opposite colored frames AS LONG AS THE DAMNED WHEELS DON'T MATCH IT!

That's where it goes over board. Wheels should not be COLORED.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I'm all for a flashy, opposite colored frames AS LONG AS THE DAMNED WHEELS DON'T MATCH IT!

I'm guilty.

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-57889804-frosty-bottom15.jpgAnyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-014bb2ee6916298d34b92d65c0e63f64c9772731ca.jpg
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

Life's a ride, enjoy it! Moderator
    They all look the same covered in dirt and mud.
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

mtbr member
    It was the 2016 Santa Cruz Bronson K2rider1964

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The perfessor
    Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-imag0418.jpg- just posted my ugly bike over in the Passion section cuz someone called it ugly; nothing "matchy matchy" about it........purple mallet 3 pedals, kermit-green Niner fork, black wheels, silver Shimano XT crankset, blue Cane Creek 110 pro headset, etc....
    Rigid 29er Ti SS / 29er SC Tallboy AL / Paketa Magnesium Road Bike

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by RobD22 View Post

For anyone who's sick of this color, just send it my way...

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoicowboy View Post
    No...back in the day there was a lot more ugly going on...with various style miscues such as all the rampant anodizing when the CNC craze hit in the 90's (the purple being the worst):
    I used purple nipples in celebration/memory of that era on one of my latest wheel builds.
    Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-01559d0e8217eec6fdc7eccd7806346ca1d5ebe378.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Bikes sure have gotten worse looking

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by idividebyzero View Post
    Bikes sure have gotten worse looking

i dont know, i'm a sucker for anything in raw carbon

nvphatty

mine don't match but are of color.......

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-dscn1856.jpg

mtbr member

Yamaguchi Cross • YT Jeffsy • Salsa Mukluk & Vaya • Canyon Commuter

mtbr member
    I want these wheels

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-20140403_enigma_2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    This is great. Hawg is constantly on me about being the old grumpy bastard.

Looks like the tables are turned.

mtbr member
    Some bikes are a bit flashy and too matchy matchy but I think I saw the ultimate in matchy matchy. I was at my local LBS and watched a guy compare a lime green jersey to his lime green mtn bike.
    "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story."
    Mark Twain?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    See that doesn't really bother me. I compare that to buying a matching helmet / jacket for your motorcycle, which is not uncommon at all. We are coming full circle with the bright neon and multi colors, which makes me very nostalgic as I had a white bike with purple and green flecks as a kid.

mtbr member
    I typically buy a frame and throw components on it. Rarely do they color coordinate. Kind of like a Jackson Pollock painting.
    Help chart the mountains at www.appalachianbiketrails.org

mtbr member
    Flashy paint, matching graphics, AND internal cable routing?!

Now you've gone too far.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
    Flashy paint, matching graphics, AND internal cable routing?!

Now you've gone too far.
    Ha!

They're basically committing a terrorist act.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I for one like all the bright colored and matchy matchy bikes out there now. All those matte black (or white or gray) bikes from a few years ago look so boring.
    I also miss the days when you could buy colored anodized components to make your bike a little different from your neighbor's.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I generally love all the new Intense stuff but this one curls my toenails:

https://www.intensecycles.com/sites/...range-side.png

Mt Wilson Motoboy
    Yes. It reminds me of the awful ski clothing designs from the 80's. It will fade away as soon as the next marketing trend comes along.
    (said the guy with the raw turner...)
    "My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by grambo View Post
    I also miss the days when you could buy colored anodized components to make your bike a little different from your neighbor's.
    what anodized component are you looking for that you can't find?

Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post

^ yikes
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Ghey, not that there is anything wrong with that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I like single colors: Red, Black, Yellow, chrome, Ti, or Celeste. I try to keep to those. But that Klein Night Storm bike that BokChoi posted... We had that frame built it up similarly in the window of the shop I worked at.... and I really really wanted it! so I guess there is room in my somewhat narrow bike color palette.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    You have no taste man, the surly, the kleins, and most of the others are very good looking bikes. This post reply you have makes me crank

nvphatty
    Quote Originally Posted by grambo View Post
    I for one like all the bright colored and matchy matchy bikes out there now. All those matte black (or white or gray) bikes from a few years ago as well as current black asphalt rigs look so boring.
    nothin but WIN!!

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    yep...just spit my pop all over the desk. Anything from The Simpsons pretty much always sums it up
    " ...the moonlit swamp Krampus is a king among bikes." - geraldooka

15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!

mtbr member
    I'm guilty.

Name:	57889804-Frosty+Bottom15.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	1091729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014bb2ee6916298d34b92d65c0e63f64c9772731ca.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	1091730
    I don't mind matching rims, as long as they're not covered with decals all over them.
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRALPH View Post

I just threw up a little in my mouth
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

Always in the wrong gear
    I like "coordinated" bikes. I like the frame to be mostly one color, and all the metal parts to be either silver, black or a single powder coated/anodized color.

My bike is raw Al frame, with blue hubs and spoke nipples. and pretty much everything else is black- fork, rims, spokes, headset, stem, bars, seat post, cranks....etc. Even my rear cog is black.

I keep thinking I want to powder coat the frame, but can't decide on a color that I like for more than a day or three.
    I'm pretty much over the full 'murdered-out' bikes, so black p/c is out, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for matte carbon, so a full UD matte carbon bike with bright Ano accents is OK by me.

I'm not a huge fan of flashy, but something about those new bright orange Fox step-cast forks give me an awful case of upgraditis. I wants one. I wants one bad.

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    I like "coordinated" bikes. I like the frame to be mostly one color, and all the metal parts to be either silver, black or a single powder coated/anodized color.

My bike is raw Al frame, with blue hubs and spoke nipples. and pretty much everything else is black- fork, rims, spokes, headset, stem, bars, seat post, cranks....etc. Even my rear cog is black.

I keep thinking I want to powder coat the frame, but can't decide on a color that I like for more than a day or three.
    I'm pretty much over the full 'murdered-out' bikes, so black p/c is out, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for matte carbon, so a full UD matte carbon bike with bright Ano accents is OK by me.

I'm not a huge fan of flashy, but something about those new bright orange Fox step-cast forks give me an awful case of upgraditis. I wants one. I wants one bad.
    I'd definitely anno or powder coat it just to provide some protection to the aluminum.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    I'd definitely anno or powder coat it just to provide some protection to the aluminum.
    Eh, I was generalizing to describe the color scheme. It's an On-One, clear-coated from the factory. not actually 'raw' unprotected.

That said- I have owned truly raw Al things (handmade tools, custom bike parts, etc) that were created in my father's machine shop and other than oxidizing to a dull grey and getting sweaty hands a little smudged, they've held up just fine for a long time. There's actually a whole thread here on MTBR about raw Al frames, those seem to be holding up OK.

In dog years, I'm dead.
    I'll take a bike in whatever color you fashionistas don't want. Lots of great eBay deals in the off season in colors nobody wants. Once I cover it in mud, nobody knows the difference. Keep up the style trending - it works to my advantage. Same goes for jerseys, shorts, & hydration packs.
    Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.... (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Geez what a bunch of boring depressed people in here. Our eyes see one of the widest ranges of color in the animal kingdom (besides a shrimp and few other animals). Enjoy it for f*** sake.

I wanted to build up the rear wheel with red spokes but it seems like they're impossible to find. Parts to build the matching front wheel are on the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-gt-sensor.jpg  

Hardtail Steel Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by burtronix View Post
    Once I cover it in mud, nobody knows the difference.
    You need some of this...

https://youtu.be/7is6r6zXFDc

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

Pink > Purple > Orange (you'd hate my bikes) XD

[QUOTE=Bokchoicowboy;12811656]No...back in the day there was a lot more ugly going on...with various style miscues such as all the rampant anodizing when the CNC craze hit in the 90's (the purple being the worst):

Firstly, Purple ano is awesome, and comes in a close 2nd in awesomeness only to Pink ano. Additionally, Klein had the coolest paintjobs in the Industry, whether it was their solid colors (which after 20+ years look more intense than any current solid colors), their neon/metallic fades, or their custom airbrush jobs (like that Adroit in Team Nightstorm you pictured - I have the same paint on a NOS 1994 Attitude fuselage). I miss the 90s, as far as color/style options are concerned.
    Last edited by micdjunior; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:51 PM. Reason: I biffed the title.

ninjichor.com
    I dislike it, yes. I don't want to be compelled to limit my choices, based on if it matches in color.

What looks good to me is functional shape and proportions, that "looks" good for the purpose intended. From tube diameter and the curves, to symmetry and "balance"...
    Disclaimer: I sell bike related stuff. 7% off with code: MTBRninja

One ring to mash them all
    ITMFA

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=micdjunior;13925384]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoicowboy View Post

Firstly, Purple ano is awesome, and comes in a close 2nd in awesomeness only to Pink ano. Additionally, Klein had the coolest paintjobs in the Industry, whether it was their solid colors (which after 20+ years look more intense than any current solid colors), their neon/metallic fades, or their custom airbrush jobs (like that Adroit in Team Nightstorm you pictured - I have the same paint on a NOS 1994 Attitude fuselage). I miss the 90s, as far as color/style options are concerned.
    Trek has some fades this year. Look great. Would rather have bright gloss colours than flat greys and blacks.

Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

The White Jeff W
    Im pretty sure everyone at Salsa is colorblind. This is a $5500 fatbike

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-salsa-beargrease-2019-carbon-xo1-eagle-bk8137-1920x1080-carousel-1.jpg
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fajita Dave View Post
    Geez what a bunch of boring depressed people in here. Our eyes see one of the widest ranges of color in the animal kingdom (besides a shrimp and few other animals). Enjoy it for f*** sake.

I wanted to build up the rear wheel with red spokes but it seems like they're impossible to find. Parts to build the matching front wheel are on the way.
    Red DT Aerolites. I used them on my last wheel build. They are pricey though.

Spokes & Nipples - Wheelbuilder.com

Or

https://www.google.com/search?q=dt+a...&client=safari
    13 Intense Uzzi
    06 Santa Cruz Nomad
    00 Santa Cruz Bullit
    26er's for life!!!

mtbr member

Go unpainted Ti and your ride will always look brand new. Then add accent colors if you please for grips, pedals, seat, brake lines, stem cap, water cages and so on.

I Tried Them ALL... SuperModerator
    I'm NOT feelin' it....
    "This is a male-dominated forum... there will be lots of Testosterone sword-shaming here" ~ Kenfucius

Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13 View Post

Name:	Salsa-Beargrease-2019-Carbon-XO1-Eagle-BK8137-1920x1080-carousel-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	1230236
    $5500 worth of fugly.

$5500 worth of fugly. That’s the name they should give it.

“Salsa Fugly”

since 4/10/2009

Yeah, no.

Give me solid, primary colors at most. In most cases, two colors is plenty. Sometimes, more is permissible if it's well done.

I'm building my first black bike right now. I'm trying to keep the colors fairly muted. Frame has some red decals, but not too much. I ordered the fork with red decals to match and that might be the extent of it. Because currently, the red comes from decals, I'm definitely not going to be putting any red ano bits on it. Red shift housing would match reasonably well, though.

Might throw a couple red spokes into my wheel build, but even with parts I'm buying where flashy ano colors are available, I'm pretty sure I'll just be buying black.

My wife has a bike that is mostly black, and the color accents are purple ano. It's pretty sharp. The previous owner started that color scheme, and my wife really liked it. We've replaced some parts since she bought it, and have kept with it. Replaced some white stuff that didn't really match with black. And added a couple more splashes of purple ano.

mtbr member

The top o line ultegra di2 warbird is a grey zebra too. Their Color lines for 2019 suck.

Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

Upcyclist

Just quoting this ugly bike because everyone else is.
    By continuing to browse my posts, you agree to accept my use of cookies.

One ring to mash them all
    I'll break the chain.

And I think there's a brand of hot sauce called Fugly.
    ITMFA

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Just quoting this ugly bike because everyone else is.
    I’ve always been a trend setter.

damned rocks...
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I’ve always been a trend setter.
    The word now is "influencer" .

mtbr member
    Wait until you get a new frame if your’s breaks. The color you get is almost never the color of the original frame. So if you match other bits to the original, you will not be pleased with the result.

mtbr member
    In case you missed this one from the Fatty forum:

https://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/bi...t-1093433.html

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Aglo View Post
    The word now is "influencer" .
    only if you're on instagram

mtbr member
    I need a yellow and blue hawian shirt to go with slayer

Wanna ride bikes?
    Here's the most unmatchy thing I've seen recently.

Name:  unmatch.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  105.1 KB
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Looks more like the most matchy thing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Looks more like the most matchy thing.
    I love the dirt brown saddle as the crown to a bike made of unicorn vomit though

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Is this what what they now call a "first world" problem?
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

the discerning hooligan
    We'll look back at these color ways the same way we see 80s fashion...the embarrassment will be haunting.
    MERCY! MERCY! MERCY!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOJO K View Post
    We'll look back at these color ways the same way we see 80s fashion...the embarrassment will be haunting.
    Only if you're in the picture

If you think the 80's was bad, it's got nothing on the 70's, aka The Fashion Decade from Hell

Anyone else sick of all the crazy matchy matchy colors on new bikes-70s-fashion-pants.jpg
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

LOL, yep!

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    O

Name:	70s-fashion-pants.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	1230381
    This is fantastic! Why don't men dress like this anymore?
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Because pants are for your legs.

Life's a ride, enjoy it! Moderator

Did a Unicorn explode?
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    Only if you're in the picture

If you think the 80's was bad, it's got nothing on the 70's, aka The Fashion Decade from Hell

Name:	70s-fashion-pants.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	1230381
    Oh come on, I bet you still have some of that stuff in your closet!

Why is "Stayin' Alive" running through my head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by nvphatty View Post
    ummmm, errrrrr
    I’m soo glad nvphatty is gone

Because a real man in those pants would have a Moose Knuckle.

mtbr member
    The new Intense mentioned above isn't that bad. Now this top o' the line Tracer below is so bright you don't even need lights to ride at night.

Name:  2018-12-24_061612.png
Views: 287
Size:  135.0 KB

mtbr member
    I can get into some, some are a bit much, I just can't stand a black bike

Quote Originally Posted by Bradym77 View Post
    The new Intense mentioned above isn't that bad. Now this top o' the line Tracer below is so bright you don't even need lights to ride at night.

Name:  2018-12-24_061612.png
Views: 287
Size:  135.0 KB
    I think it’s the matchy, matchy huge stickers on the wheels that make most of them over the top. Peel the stickers off and have all black wheels and it wouldn’t be so bad. Most all the manufacturers are doing this now with the wheels.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    I searched all over eBay for one of those for a month straight about 6 months ago, definitely my favorite color on any bike I have seen.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

since 4/10/2009
    I don't want my waistband just below my nipples

All fat, all the time.
    I prefer a few small anodized bits instead of huge decals on the rims etc and colored handlebars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast