Any website you can buy new (condition) bikes of discontinued/old models?- Mtbr.com
    Ed3
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011

New question here. Any website you can buy new (condition) bikes of discontinued/old models?

Hi everyone,

For a cheaper option, I've heard buying an old/discontinued model of a bike is a great thing to do. However, looking for sites that sell new (as in condition new), discontinued models is a real struggle. If anyone knows any website that sells them, it would be great help to post here...

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Trek/Gary Fischer, Specialized, Giant, and probably manufacturers, are sold exclusively through dealer networks and cannot be sold online. That's going to remove some options. Performance Bike and JensonUSA have decent deals... Maybe the closest to what you're looking for.

There are house-brand bikes that are sold exclusively online. Many of those unrealistically mark up the MSRP, so the "sale" price is often suspect. Have you hit your local bike shops?

Are you a notably small or large male? The best deals are for Small/15 and XL/21+ frames. Otherwise it's a needle in a haystack.

If you have a local mountain biking forum in your area, the best deals are often to be found there used. Be informed so you can pull the trigger quickly... the best deals are snatched up quickly, but you don't want to make an impulse decision and end up with something you don't like. Good luck!

Live 2 Ride
    eBay is a good bet to find what you are looking for.
    My Bike: '19 Liv Tempt 2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

injured reserve list
    Some shops and websites carry Demo bikes. example; go-ride.com
    You're not entitled to anything until you work hard and earn it. CMQ

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed3 View Post
    Hi everyone,

For a cheaper option, I've heard buying an old/discontinued model of a bike is a great thing to do. However, looking for sites that sell new (as in condition new), discontinued models is a real struggle. If anyone knows any website that sells them, it would be great help to post here...

Thanks!!
    The Path and JensonUsa.com usually has good deals on clearance bike.

DynoDon
    You can go to a LBS and ask for older models, they can search the avalibility site, and tell you what older models are available, you'll find alot of odd sizes available in 2011/2010 and in some cases some left overs in popular models, like the 2011 Stumpjumper, it was redesigned in 2012, so there are many 2011's left in alot of sizes, we give 25% off on 2011/10's in our shop, you'll have to pay shipping, there is no online site for this, just goto to a LBS, and ask. Happy Trails
    Four wheels transport the body,

Two wheels transport the soul !!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I found a 2009 leftover Jamis ss29er from corythebikefixer.com this fall, you might want to check out his site or just google leftover bikes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I bought mine from the LBS, they hand a handful of 2010 models left over (July of 2011). Id call around to all the LBS's and see what they happen to have in stock.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    bikes duh rect dot com is essentially discontinued models ;-)

Plays with tools
    this is one time where actually walking into a bike shop will yield way more results than fumbling around online. But it depends on what your looking for. If your looking for a major manufacture a B&M is your only option. If your looking for something boutique then might try looking up their online retailers.