Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    There needs to be balance and NorCal is an excellent example of the crap storm you get when anything and everything is allowed to be posted in one spot. For those who want to look in NorCal for regional events and trail info they must wade through hundreds of off topic posts about trucks, RC cars, beer, etc or Post that would be better suited in other places on the site, perhaps about specific brand issues or drive-train discussion, dropper post discussions or brake discussions.

This devalues the experience on MTBR in another way, users come and search the Brake Time section to find an answer but cannot because the thread with the Answer is in the NorCal section..... Many users come to this site and use the site navigation to find a specific section and browse, so those sections server a purpose, but perhaps we can review activity in those subs to see which ones have low traffic and set a threshhold to close them and push the threads back to the general section.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this.

Trust me when I say I agree that many of the sub-forums or sub-sections need to be merged or pruned. I made a big list for FC a few years ago. No need for Components and 29er components to name just 2. Someone else mentioned no longer having a wheel size specific forums at all... lots of ideas.

If we eliminate the apparel and protection forum, then all those discussions end up in General, is that good? Is that bad? I am not really sure.

But I know this for certain, if so many subs are removed that the General forum starts to look like the NorCal forum I will jump ship.
    Fair enough, and I never said the Gear Funk thread didn’t belong in the Apparel and Protection forum. I was just saying once it got moved to that forum it immediately died.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I am a fan, just not a very good one. I admit I didn't even watch the clip, and I don't know what it's really about, but how could chip dipping be related to gear funk?? Don't answer that, I'll try to make the connection next time.
    I don’t have to answer that “again”. I’ll just direct you back to post #383 that you skimmed.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Yep, he’s not a fan so it all falls short of hitting the mark.

I guess I'm not much of a fan either but I have seen that episode and I don't see what that clip has to do with the gear funk thread, the "double-dip" thing doesn't really work without explanation.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I guess I'm not much of a fan either but I have seen that episode and I don't see what that clip has to do with the gear funk thread, the "double-dip" thing doesn't really work without explanation.
    I’d agree with you on that. Not many would see the connection without an explanation. It was a lame reference and for that I apologize.

Magically Delicious
    Where did Picard disappear to?
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

Stone Jack Baller
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleared2land View Post
    Where did Picard disappear to?
    Something happened to his old account. He is sito40, now.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoker View Post
    Something happened to his old account. He is sito40, now.
    And easily sniffed out. Just look for the threads that go around in circles. Most likely he’ll be in there keeping it going in that direction.

Cycologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBRadmin View Post
    The content of the forum is driven by enthusiast members and not the companies that make the products. We don't make a point of curating the conversations. The editorial side is still dictated by what is new and popular but everyone will have differing opinions on what is cool/not cool.

Any new sections added will go through the mod team for a discussion on logistics and make sure we can support it well. Your suggestion will be discussed.

-Philip
    Hi Philip, I would like to congratulate your firm for acquiring the mtbr forum. I am a newbie here, and I would like to make a suggestion here. Can you please make these forums more friendly for newcomers.
    My experience was quite rough here because I had difficulties in figuring out of "how things work over here" and during these findings, I was hit with a negative reputation. While someone else posted in the forum about negative reputation and guess!! Instead of getting a helpful answer; he was trolled.
    Your attention towards this matter would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDonna View Post
    Hi Philip, I would like to congratulate your firm for acquiring the mtbr forum. I am a newbie here, and I would like to make a suggestion here. Can you please make these forums more friendly for newcomers.
    My experience was quite rough here because I had difficulties in figuring out of "how things work over here" and during these findings, I was hit with a negative reputation. While someone else posted in the forum about negative reputation and guess!! Instead of getting a helpful answer; he was trolled.
    Thanks
    you got negged because you are posting exactly like a spam robot would post
    ---
    1)

Hello Everyone! Donna Here
    I am a virtual assistant and just started cycling for focusing on my health & fitness so, I would consider myself as a beginner. I would require a lot of inspiration and tips because I know how lazy I am when it comes to workout.
    Cheers & love to every community member 

2)

quite"Hello members,
    Along with fireworks, parades, concerts, and barbecues, you can get more on July 4th through Massive Sales on Cycling Stores.
    So, while surfing on the web, I 've discovered some great stores to buy from and would love to share with the whole community. "

What the hell is a virtual assistant ? no....I don't want to know
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Cycologist
    Thanks
    I saw your neg rep and was curious so I looked at your other posts. My guess is that in one of your posts, you had links to four bike stores. Three of them I've heard of and one I haven't (and I'm pretty experienced knowing on-line bike stores). So I guessed you had just joined to put in links to some on-line shop you are pushing and I assumed someone else thought the same and neg rep'ed you (I didn't).

Putting in links to commercial sites when you first join is going to arouse suspicion.

Sneaker man
    Thanks
    You got the same reception from your the same "4th of July" thread over at RBR, but you're not all grumpy at them...

If you want to be taken seriously don't act like a spambot
    All the gear and no idea.

One ring to mash them all
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    What the hell is a virtual assistant ?
    Siriously?
    A plateau is the highest form of flattery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Putting in links to commercial sites when you first join is going to arouse suspicion.
    It is also against site posting rules for those who represent vendors of any sort.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Thanks
    I went back and looked at your posts and apologize that you were met with some negativity, but your first few posts seemed very spammy.

I moved your post about 4th of July deals to the "where are the best deals" section of the forum, it would get better traction there.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    I am going to try and track these down. Can you get me a screen grab of what you see as well as the URL the ad is directing to?
    -Philip

Here you go. It just happened this morning. I was in the Trek sub forum when it happened.

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-screenshot_2018-07-13-09-22-31.jpg

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-screenshot_2018-07-13-09-22-42.jpg
    Change begins by doing something different.

Administrator Administrator
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    I am a fan, just not a very good one. I admit I didn't even watch the clip, and I don't know what it's really about, but how could chip dipping be related to gear funk?? Don't answer that, I'll try to make the connection next time.

@Phillip: Can you increase the file size for gifs by quite a lot, I can't even upload/post small ones, only the tiniest ones will upload.

Attachment 1207806

*EDIT: And it would be nice if we could post some of these modern formats, like gifv and mp4 embeds!

https://gfycat.com/PeriodicActualIberianbarbel
    I will sort that today.

Thanks
    We are looking at re ordering the forum some to help new users acclimate better.

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry hound View Post
    Here you go. It just happened this morning. I was in the Trek sub forum when it happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-13-09-22-31.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	1207929

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-13-09-22-42.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	1207930
    This stupid thing again! I will report this, thanks!
    -Philip

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    You can report the post, all the mods including me see it when you do.
    -Philip
    Just reported one for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tuckerjt07; 07-14-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Upcyclist
    I will sort that today.
    Thanks!

Name:  Benny-Mountain-Bikes.gif
Views: 2104
Size:  66.1 KB
    Cool heads prevail

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_bo View Post
    The reputation system should be abandoned. I have not engaged in any personal attacks. I have remained civil in the face of incivility. But, given that I have a differing opinion about eBikes than many on this site, below are a few of the comments that have been sent to me with negative reputation:

-Nice entitlement. Really found your cause, eh? Go away.

-Idiot, go back into the sticks and keep kissing Donalds *^&

-You're a ****ing idiot

There is no excuse in this kind of abusive behavior. And the reputation system only encourages that.
    "If you run in to an a-hole in the morning, you ran into an a-hole, if you run into a-holes all day, you're the a-hole"
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

This thread should be a sticky.

Sneaker man
    Just moved this to the Off Camber Section, can anyone give me a reason why it would belong in the General Section?

http://forums.mtbr.com/off-camber-of...r-1083189.html

If that has no business in General, then the Gear Funk has no business in General either...... ;-)
    I would say that there is an awful lot of people that don't know that off caber even exists, let alone that it's for "everything else" style threads. theres been a few who have posted in General over the years no understanding it is general mtb discussion, not generally everything ELSE. Mostly becasue they didn't take the time to get a feel for the forum, especially the stuff that gets posted in the sub forums and jsut when General, what thats the spot for my general crap post.
    All the gear and no idea.

Thanks for taking my suggestion and making this thread a sticky.

I normally post issues with the site over in the “Site Feedback / Issues” forum. But this thread seems to be appropriate as of late.

Philip,
    Just in the last two days this site has been logging me out when I give it a break on my phone and tablet. It’s never done this before and it’s a big time pita. And yes the little box for “remember me” is checked and It still does it. Anybody else having this issue? And what’s the fix?

Jun 2018
    First try clearing your browser cache/cookies.
    -Philip

Thanks for taking my suggestion and making this thread a sticky.

I normally post issues with the site over in the “Site Feedback / Issues” forum. But this thread seems to be appropriate as of late.

Philip,
    Just in the last two days this site has been logging me out when I give it a break on my phone and tablet. It’s never done this before and it’s a big time pita. And yes the little box for “remember me” is checked and It still does it. Anybody else having this issue? And what’s the fix?

First try clearing your browser cache/cookies.
    -Philip
    I did that with my cell phone after your suggestion and it seems to have fixed the issue. I’ll let you know if it returns.

Thank you, Sir.

Jun 2018
    I did that with my cell phone after your suggestion and it seems to have fixed the issue. I’ll let you know if it returns.

Thank you, Sir.
    Keep me posted, browsers will often hold a grudge.
    -Philip

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Keep me posted, browsers will often hold a grudge.
    -Philip
    Best way to do it on Chrome is

1. Hit F12 on Windows, I think it is Command + Option + I on Mac (my fingers auto pilot it so not 100%) or right click the page and click on Inspect achieves the same.

2. Right click on the refresh icon and select the bottom option, "Empty Cache and Hard Reload"

3. Hit F12 or the Mac command again and you're done.

There is a more thorough way through dev tools on any browser but it's a complicated walk through.

Bikesexual
    Any chance for polls to come up in Tapatalk? Thanks!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Any chance for polls to come up in Tapatalk? Thanks!
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Tapatalk is 3rd party software. We don't control all of what it can do.
    -Philip

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerjt07 View Post
    Best way to do it on Chrome is

1. Hit F12 on Windows, I think it is Command + Option + I on Mac (my fingers auto pilot it so not 100%) or right click the page and click on Inspect achieves the same.

2. Right click on the refresh icon and select the bottom option, "Empty Cache and Hard Reload"

3. Hit F12 or the Mac command again and you're done.

There is a more thorough way through dev tools on any browser but it's a complicated walk through.

Shift + F5 does the same thing in any browser.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Shift + F5 does the same thing in any browser.
    Nope, it doesn't. That performs a hard reload but does not bust the cache. Shift + F5 ignores the cache while loading the page, but doesn't clear it completely. Where it is deficient, especially important in this instance, is it does nothing for files, most importantly in this case JS, that do not load as part of the page load and are requested after the fact. The method I posted will remove those where Shift + F5 will not.

Here is a real world example. Imagine you are loading a dynamic content page optimized for speed that contains media types who are lazy loaded and whose source is set to a filepath located in an external fileshare. One can assume that if the file is deleted from the fileshare that the request for that file should 404. However, it will not because the browser knows what exists at that address, has it cached, and pulls the data out of the cache to save time and bandwidth. Since those files are being lazy loaded the request for them may not go out until well after the page load event has completed. In this case even with a Shift + F5 the file will not disappear, 404, because the request for it happens outside of page load and will still use the cache.

Here is some good reading material on the differences as they pertain to Chrome, https://www.ghacks.net/2018/01/24/go...-normal-reload

Last edited by tuckerjt07; 07-20-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Make America Bike Again
    There needs to be balance and NorCal is an excellent example of the crap storm you get when anything and everything is allowed to be posted in one spot. For those who want to look in NorCal for regional events and trail info they must wade through hundreds of off topic posts about trucks, RC cars, beer, etc or Post that would be better suited in other places on the site, perhaps about specific brand issues or drive-train discussion, dropper post discussions or brake discussions.

This devalues the experience on MTBR in another way, users come and search the Brake Time section to find an answer but cannot because the thread with the Answer is in the NorCal section..... Many users come to this site and use the site navigation to find a specific section and browse, so those sections server a purpose, but perhaps we can review activity in those subs to see which ones have low traffic and set a threshhold to close them and push the threads back to the general section.

I don't think there is an easy answer to this.

Trust me when I say I agree that many of the sub-forums or sub-sections need to be merged or pruned. I made a big list for FC a few years ago. No need for Components and 29er components to name just 2. Someone else mentioned no longer having a wheel size specific forums at all... lots of ideas.

If we eliminate the apparel and protection forum, then all those discussions end up in General, is that good? Is that bad? I am not really sure.

But I know this for certain, if so many subs are removed that the General forum starts to look like the NorCal forum I will jump ship.

I find this really interesting because didn't you write earlier that the all-mountain forum should be deleted?

"Frankly the All Mountain section is kinda pointless."

OK, wait a minute....

Isn't fork size the major determinant between casual 'fun' XC riding and 'serious' downhill riding? Would you want to put the AM forum into the Downhill/Freeride Forum? Maybe that's fine, I don't go into either of them, but so many people now have long-travel forks that they certainly need somewhere to go besides Shocks and Suspension. If there are two XC forums, there certainly should be at least one AM forum right? I would not surprised if 3-4 times as many riders on here have an AM bike compared with a real lightweight XC bike.

The forums I kinda wonder about, especially compared to something like AM:
    Cargo Bikes
    Fifty+ Years Old (they all post everywhere anyway)
    Folding & Travel Bikes
    Tandem Mountain Bikes

Again, I don't ride AM, I may never even buy one, but it seems like that forum is 10 times more important than the ones above.

As far as NorCal is concerned, maybe going out on a very thin limb on this one, but because FC is from there, and he posts in there a lot, that the replies just kind of crystallized and snowballed into a self-sufficient forum eventually? In other words, it's not the region, it's the (previous) owner posting in there, so if the owner was for example in Florida, then maybe the Florida forum would have wound up like that. No big deal, a natural occurrence.
    Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres: quod Belgiae, quod Celtae, et quod Aquitainae.

Make America Bike Again
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    The fact that the most fundamental part of the ebike (the motor) versus the bike (no motor) is a trivial difference to you is where the frustration lies. But yeah, go ahead and and add up the pieces to make your point. It's still non-sensical.

And again, I like eBikes and feel there is a place for them. Just don't say they're the same.

Yes, there is a big difference between a bike with a battery and motor compared with a bike that just pedals. But an e-mountain bike is still a mountain bike. It's not a moped, it's not a motorcycle, it's a mountain bike. You remove the motor and battery, and you still have a mountain bike, not a motorcycle or moped w/o any power to them. Maybe E-bikes are allowed everywhere, maybe not everywhere, but that's a separate issue from it actually being a mountain bike. It IS a mountain bike, that has a motor and battery. It is. Let's just accept that fact and then get on with the access arguments. Two separate issues.
    Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres: quod Belgiae, quod Celtae, et quod Aquitainae.

Upcyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    Yes, there is a big difference between a bike with a battery and motor compared with a bike that just pedals. But an e-mountain bike is still a mountain bike. It's not a moped, it's not a motorcycle, it's a mountain bike. You remove the motor and battery, and you still have a mountain bike, not a motorcycle or moped w/o any power to them. Maybe E-bikes are allowed everywhere, maybe not everywhere, but that's a separate issue from it actually being a mountain bike. It IS a mountain bike, that has a motor and battery. It is. Let's just accept that fact and then get on with the access arguments. Two separate issues.
    Cool heads prevail

EAT MORE GRIME
    stupidest post on this entire planet, probably
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Cycologist
    An ebike is just a modern day moped, don't let the marketing fool you. Seems a lot of people don't want to admit that, probably because of that one joke.

And if we get rid of the Fifty+ Years Old forum, where would we ask questions about our prostates? In the AM forum?

Bicycles aren't motorized
    And if we get rid of the Fifty+ Years Old forum, where would we ask questions about our prostates? In the AM forum?

Sounds like the appropriate forum.
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

And if we get rid of the Fifty+ Years Old forum, where would we ask questions about our prostates?
    Merge with the one-finger braking thread.

mtbr member
    Rather than get rid of sub-forums, have them moderated so that the haters can be blocked from them.

A good example is the gravel forum. It has been largely spoiled by the activities of vehement trolls who either cannot see the point of it, or find it somehow detracts from their miserable lives. (I see some have been now banned, thanks)

The same happened in the fatbike forum in its early days, now it's mainstream.

And as for eBikes? To me they are like bikes with gears and suspension, fun to ride, but too much unnecessary technology, so I have no desire to own one. However, almost all their parts are common with mtbs, so they should have a forum here.

I'll simply do the adult thing and exercise my discretion and not visit it. To go there and troll the members is plain rude and should bring a ban.

Another thing for all members to bear in mind is the MTBR has an international reach. What is the case in the USA may not be the case elsewhere, eg some countries do not have restricted access to trails, or in the case of the Scandi countries and Scotland have fully open access rights to almost all land and waters.

A like button would save a lot of unnecessary posting of agreement.
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Latitude: 57º36' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    Sounds like the appropriate forum.
    Maybe we need a prostate forum?
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

the discerning hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    Merge with the one-finger braking thread.
    Probably under the title "Digital Access" or sumthin"

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-e70d9f6d-c91f-4378-ac2e-326a599721fe.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Velobike View Post
    Rather than get rid of sub-forums, have them moderated so that the haters can be blocked from them.

A good example is the gravel forum. It has been largely spoiled by the activities of vehement trolls who either cannot see the point of it, or find it somehow detracts from their miserable lives. (I see some have been now banned, thanks)

The same happened in the fatbike forum in its early days, now it's mainstream.

And as for eBikes? To me they are like bikes with gears and suspension, fun to ride, but too much unnecessary technology, so I have no desire to own one. However, almost all their parts are common with mtbs, so they should have a forum here.

I'll simply do the adult thing and exercise my discretion and not visit it. To go there and troll the members is plain rude and should bring a ban.

Another thing for all members to bear in mind is the MTBR has an international reach. What is the case in the USA may not be the case elsewhere, eg some countries do not have restricted access to trails, or in the case of the Scandi countries and Scotland have fully open access rights to almost all land and waters.

A like button would save a lot of unnecessary posting of agreement.
    Most are moderated to a certain extent, but note that all the moderators are volunteers, no one gets paid to do this. the Mods rely heavily on the "report post" button to alert the mods assigned to the section in question.

If you see someone post something that is against the site rules, or pushing the line, please use the report feature. Please do not assume that the mods have time to read every single post in every single forum just to be a watch dog.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by life behind bars View Post
    Negged.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to life behind bars again.
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

Deleted (not funny without context)

Deleted with some context but not funny.

The boy ran across the boat and slid on the wet floor, before stubbing his toe and falling overboard.

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    I am pleased to announce that Mtbr and Roadbikereview have been acquired by Verticalscope Inc. from Invenda Corp. They are a media company expert in enthusiast websites and forum management with many revered brands such as Autoguide and The Truth About Cars.

Myself, Francis Cebedo and most members of the editorial and content team will continue on and run Mtbr and Roadbikereview. The transition should be fairly seamless as we slowly make improvements as they make sense.

This move opens up a whole new array of experience and technologies to the sites to allow them to thrive. We will now have access to resources to improve our product and grow our audience in the ever-changing media landscape.

Our challenging issues such as spam, mobile experience and ease of use will be better tackled now with the help of a parent company with a depth of experience in these areas. And we'll be able to deliver cool features and user experiences once again.

We look forward to your continued support.

Francis Cebedo and Mtbr.com
    Not sure how I missed this originally, but it's about time.
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

banned
    Jul 2011
    Most are moderated to a certain extent, but note that all the moderators are volunteers, no one gets paid to do this. the Mods rely heavily on the "report post" button to alert the mods assigned to the section in question.

If you see someone post something that is against the site rules, or pushing the line, please use the report feature. Please do not assume that the mods have time to read every single post in every single forum just to be a watch dog.
    If moderators rely heavily on the report feature, then they should provide the courtesy of a follow up to the reporter. With no follow up, reporters can only assume they have been ignored and will be disincentivized to report in the future.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_bo View Post
    If moderators rely heavily on the report feature, then they should provide the courtesy of a follow up to the reporter. With no follow up, reporters can only assume they have been ignored and will be disincentivized to report in the future.
    it would be a nice feature to have, some sort of your report has been read, etc.

For now however, Most of the reports are for the spam bots and many times multiple people report the same posts, so taking the time to write out a manual reply to every single person who reports something would be pretty time consuming. There are Mondays when I log into my email I use for this site and have 20 reported posts to dig through.

Perhaps Phillip will see your posts and let us know if the site will get some sort of functionality in that regards once it is moved up to the new servers.

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Not helpful.
    So, when will we be seeing some "improvements"?
    What's wrong with him??

Just A Mountain Biker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    So, when will we be seeing some "improvements"?
    I don’t think the e-bike survey I got today when going to the single speed forum was an “improvement” but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    I don’t think the e-bike survey I got today when going to the single speed forum was an “improvement” but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    hey, any chance I get to express my e-MTB hatred to manufacturers, is a plus!
    whatever...

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-b146dac9-b999-43b3-84f9-6e60d877bffb.jpg
    Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-664a5c04-3e0e-4266-ac7d-35664b3b2172.jpg
    Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-c0512641-c09f-46d7-8581-5ff241a83602.jpg

Upcyclist
    Cool! That new spam filter option they installed must be working.

I'm not seeing any of that^^ spam.
    Cool heads prevail

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Any Updates on moving the site to the new servers?

MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Moderator Moderator
    Any Updates on moving the site to the new servers?
    I guess that's a "Nope"!

Magically Delicious
    I accept the non-answer, as a non-answer.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

And here we go again.

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-47b80d31-684e-45c1-bcd8-1474c3585cd3.jpg
    Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-146bceec-0daa-4288-be7c-604079b99c91.jpg
    Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!-84c71986-22df-431d-8609-2954f6c43797.jpg

Name:	146BCEEC-0DAA-4288-BE7C-604079B99C91.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	1215684

Name:	84C71986-22DF-431D-8609-2954F6C43797.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	1215685

mtbr member
    MTBR is the only discussion forum I visit, or have ever visited, where this type of concerted attack is apparently unsolvable.

Cycologist
    ^ You would think that already owning multiple websites, they would have that issue already solved.

Yes, I do realize that statement is obvious.

psycho cyclo addict
    We're going off the rails on a crazy (spam freight) train.
    【ツ】 eDub 【ツ】

Moderator Moderator
    AutoGuide has a good antispam protection. The problem it's that mtbr is on a totally different platform. I'm not sure when the switch will happen.

"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

So many spammers, so little neg reps to give.

*******Emergency, Emergency*******

All of a sudden I can’t get a photo to post via my iPhone. I can still do it with my iPad.

Anybody know what could have changed in the last 4 days?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    All of a sudden I can’t get a photo to post via my iPhone. I can still do it with my iPad.

Anybody know what could have changed in the last 4 days?
    What are your iOS, Tapatalk and/or Safari versions on the two. That's the only possible delta between the two as far as that front goes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345