Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Announcement: Mtbr has a new owner!

30K views 469 replies 86 participants last post by  bachman1961 
#1 ·
I am pleased to announce that Mtbr and Roadbikereview have been acquired by Verticalscope Inc. from Invenda Corp. They are a media company expert in enthusiast websites and forum management with many revered brands such as Autoguide and The Truth About Cars.

Myself, Francis Cebedo and most members of the editorial and content team will continue on and run Mtbr and Roadbikereview. The transition should be fairly seamless as we slowly make improvements as they make sense.

This move opens up a whole new array of experience and technologies to the sites to allow them to thrive. We will now have access to resources to improve our product and grow our audience in the ever-changing media landscape.

Our challenging issues such as spam, mobile experience and ease of use will be better tackled now with the help of a parent company with a depth of experience in these areas. And we'll be able to deliver cool features and user experiences once again.

We look forward to your continued support.

Francis Cebedo and Mtbr.com

See less See more
#186 ·
My mom isn't into quips, and usually is very quiet. One thing she did say a few times when I was a kid was "not my monkeys ... not my zoo". It was usually uttered when nearby kids were going bonkers, but she didn't feel she needed to intervene because it didn't appear anyone was going to die. It is her way to letting those around her know that she could see the ridiculousness of what was happening and wasn't oblivious. Oddly, as her kids we were offered no such leeway to act up.

My mom really had it wrong, and there is a saying "not my circus, not my monkeys" that is allegedly a polish proverb. I guess my mom isn't into quips because she can't get them right.

I still like to think of that phrase and how she handles poo fights like the incessant ones that pop up nearly every day about ebikes. It really has very little impact on me, and it does not appear that anyone is going to die but I'm not oblivious to it either.

But how about SRAM brakes Mr Pig? I'm not so sure someone isn't going to die ... poke.

#195 ·
Great example for this being teh suck. Say you post something in a thread using multi quote. Then you come back a few days later and reply to someone else, forgetting entirely about the multi quote days before. You type your response and submit. Now your post contains a quote from not just what you replied to that day, but also everything you multi quoted days before.

It is a pain in the ass to manually have to deselect each previously quoted post before quoting someone else. No other forum I have ever posted in requires this.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#196 ·
It is a pain in the ass to manually have to deselect each previously quoted post before quoting someone else. No other forum I have ever posted in requires this.
Testing: I'm not seeing any additional quotes in preview mode, let's see if there's anything after I hit submit.

No quotes other than Harold's, so this issue must be a phone or tablet thing, maybe thru Tapatalk?

I will say that it's happened to me once or twice a long time ago.

#221 ·
Before I search for reviews, I search for threads that have enough info on what I need.

It would be nice for it to work though, it also requires member participation, most people just post threads instead.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

#223 ·
Yeah, the scrolling gets to be a bit much. Here's what I did: Go to Settings. On the left side, find General Settings under My Settings/MyAccount. Scroll to Tread Display Options and select Linear - Newest First. Everything displays newest first.

#233 ·
If you posted a question or made a request and it was not answered please bump your post. I have been trying to play catch up and may have missed one or two posts. Not ignoring anyone just need your help if I missed anything. Also I have an inbox full of name change requests. I will be working on this today.
-Philip

#247 ·
Another thing about quoting (not sure if this was mentioned before?). Clicking "Reply With Quote" doesn't include nested quotes, it only quotes the text at the top level of the post in question, not any quotes included inside that post. Seems like it should include all quotes from the original post, it's easy to lose context of what you're replying to when previous quotes are stripped. So for my previous post I had to manually edit it to include the quoted text I was replying to in the original response. Without the original quotes to which I was responding, my response would have been confusing.

#267 ·
I've only skimmed the last few post on the thread, but it has occurred t me that there are two ways to approach the re-ordering of the sub forums. If you consider the features of the design, it makes sense to combine gravel bikes with 'cross bikes. The randonneuring gravel tour thing is contrary to what a 'cross race is. All-mountain bikes and enduro bikes could be in the same discussion on the product side, but closed course enduro racing and recreational trail riding as activities are a world apart. Either draw the lines around the gear or around the activities.

#269 ·
I think it would make sense to have a "racing" category with the various disciplines having subforums, or at least logical groupings.

The bike sub category forums make less sense than activity related forums. Because the product subcategories have always been pretty vague.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#268 ·
What are the chances the new owners can stop the onslaught of spam this place sees on the daily? Out of more than a dozen forums I visit often...this is the ONLY site that sees this much spam. And the other sites it's fairly rare to see any at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.