Advocacy, Anyone Else?- Mtbr.com
    Let's Ride!

Advocacy, Anyone Else?

Wondering if any of you are doing any type of advocacy or bike related stuff around your areas?

I'm on the Core of our local Bicycle Kitchen (Non profit, volunteer run, do-it-yourself bike shop)

I helped set up and fundraise for a Bicycle Maintenance/ On campus Bike shop for my Son's High School where kids can work on and learn to work on thier bikes........they also build up junky bikes for a "bicycle library" program where students can check out a bike if they need to go somewhere during school hours.

I know there's trail advocates out there, what else??

Keep on keeping on!!

Sweep the leg!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Let's Ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered View Post
    Very cool!!

Our shop is Sacramento Bicycle Kitchen - Do-It-Yourself Bicycle Maintenance

mtbr member
    I would like to be more involved with some advocacy on some level- trail, commuting, etc. BUT I find that getting involved in that kind of stuff means dealing with people, and at least for me that can take some of the fun out of the hobby. I used to be into ww kayaking and involved with some issues, I just found that it become much like work and dealing with people seems to sour most things for me. That is why I enjoy just riding by myself. I do feel it is important to lend a hand for trail maintenance though!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    Wondering if any of you are doing any type of advocacy or bike related stuff around your areas?
    Yes. My approach is low-key and personal. I keep a few loaner bikes and take newbies out riding. I've helped three kids build their own bikes from the frame up, and have plans with a friend of mine to help his daughter on a build this spring. I help with trail work when I can, have given bikes away, have repaired bikes. And I even went door-to-door when letters of support were wanted recently for a planned new trail system.

Members who have read this thread: 0